Confusion

Let Me Be Like You

Taemin's Pov

I hung up the phone after a conversation with Kai about -I-miss-you and why-are-we-not-going-out-these-days , and finally he got to the point to invite me to stay in his house today.

I don't know what is he planning anyways, I've been insecure around him since that day. When he left me get beaten and not help me.

It's really odd from him, I've trusted him all the time I spent with him , but suddenly it all went away. it's not like I'm happy about it or anything , I'm really worried about our friendship , I don't want it to end.

No one's Pov

Taemin went to the kitchen to let his mom know about him staying at Kai's , she didn't mind because Kai was like her other son. She trusted him an loved him so much almost as much as she loved Taemin.

Taemin went back to his room to take what he needed for the stay. he was rummaging his cupboard looking for his head phone in case he got bored and decided to listen to music when something fell on the ground.

Taemin stopped in his place for a second and bent down to pick it up, it was a photo of Him , Sulli and Kai.

"do I have to say that Taemin? Do I have to say my point clearly?"

Taemin looked in total confusion

Kai sighed and shook his head

"Just.--- Date.-----Sulli"

Taemin scoffed at his sudden flashback "Such an idiot" he shook his head, and analyzed the picture slowly looking at every detail ,not missing any.

It was when they were around 14-15 years old, Sulli was standing between the two boys smiling beautifully, while Taemin looked shy and Kai was just smirking as usual.

It was taken when Taemin had a crush on Sulli.

Flashback

Sulli and Taemin were sitting at the edge of a river swinging their legs in and out of the water looking at the sky .

"Sulli?" Taemin broke the silence they were drowning in

"Mm?" Sulli kept her gaze above looking at the moving clouds

"What attracts you to a guy?" Taemin facepalmed himself mentally for being so embarrassing

Sulli was quite for a moment thinking deeply, while Taemin took quick glances at her without her noticing.

"Strong ,Wise and Loving" Sulli smiled at her own answer

Taemin was a bit disappointed to her answer, He wasn't Strong or Wise. He didn't have any idea if he was loving either. He lowered his head looking at the splashing water now.

"Ah..Right! and I want him to be my friend first" Sulli smiled at Taemin widely, Taemin's lips automatically stretched into a firm smile just by seeing her smile.

*So I have a 50/50 chance?* Taemin thought deeply and smiled to himself

End of flashback

Taemin ran his hand on his head in frustration , Why was he remembering this now? when he is already taken? Taemin took one last look at the photo and put it inside his pocket after folding it.

Taemin went out of his house walking to Kai's house. He was deeply drowning in his thought when he bumped into a man, the man was taller and looked stronger than Taemin.

Taemin wanted to apologize but when he was about to talk, the man interrupted him "Excuse me" he took a photo from his pocket and showed it to Taemin.

To Taemin's shock , It was Hyera ..... when she was young. Taemin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion "Do you know her?"

Taemin shook his head "No , Sorry I -I do- Don't" Taemin stuttered , he was so bad at acting even he knew it.

"I see" the man stared into Taemin's eyes trying to read him , "I'm sorry ,I have an appointment" Taemin bowed slightly and walked pass the man.

What Taemin didn't see was the man held up a walky-talky and pressed a button to talk "Reporting" he whispered

"Yes, Minho?" the man on the other line answered, "I think we found her" Minho as the man on the other line called him , smirked.

Taemin knocked on the door of Kai's house, the door opened after about 10 second to reveal Seohyun the servant Taemin was familiar with she greeted him and opened the door wide to let him in.

Taemin strode vastly to Kai's room since Kai's family isn't that friendly with him, they never even tried to engage a conversation with him ,They were totally awkward around him. Taemin never knew why but he guessed because rich people don't intend to make friendship with people who are lower than them physically.

Taemin barged into Kai's room , making Kai jump in surprise as he saw him. "Ah , You stupid kid you surprised me" Kai messaged his temples in frustration as he walked toward Taemin to take his bag. "Ya , respect your hyung" Taemin playfully smacked Kai's head when Kai was ogling in Taemin's bag.

Kai glared at Taemin painfully "You want to die?" Kai yelled at Taemin, "No, please don't kill me" Taemin faked his fear then placed his shoulder over Kai's head and messed his hair. succeeding in making Kai laugh.

 

 

After finishing their homeworks together ,Taemin started to notice that Kai was glancing at him once in a while. Seems like something was bothering him. Taemin was really curious to know but he didn't know how to ask him.

"Today when I was walking to your home ,A man bumped to me" Taemin started getting Kai's attention "he showed me a picture of Hyera when she was young , and asked me if I knew her" , Kai's face fell in worry "what did you tell him?".

"I told him I don't know her" Taemin muttered , "did he believe you?" Kai focused on Taemin's face waiting his answer. Taemin shrugged .

Kai got up on his feat and paced around the room thinking "did you tell her?" Kai stopped and asked Taemin, the latter shook his head in denial. Kai's jaw dropped slightly ,he strode to Taemin and gripped his collar making Taemin stumble while trying to stand "She's your girlfriend and you didn't tell- no you didn't care to tell her?" Kai spat , trying to keep his cool ad much as he can.

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion "Wh - What's wrong with you?" Taemin stuttered not that he was scared but he was surprised of his friend's reaction. "So ,now you're asking me 'this' question?" Kai sighed "That man could be a kidnapper ,a ,a criminal , and you're hanging out with me like you don't give a about it! Do you even love her?"

Taemin paused for a second thinking , wasn't Kai the one who told him that he was being obvious around Hyera? wasn't him who left Taemin get beaten for the sake of having a girlfriend? why is he being like this suddenly? When Taemin did everything he could to satisfy his friend or keep their friendship.

Taemin pushed Kai's hands away from him "What the hell is wrong with you? You are the one who MADE me date her . even though I wasn't sure about my feelings! You're the on who LEFT me get beaten just to grand your stupid plan....... I- I Don't know anymore why am I standing here, You think I didn't see you that day? when you were spying at us and probably laughing evilly as my got wiped out? I can't believe that you are my friend anymore"

Kai was completely shocked at Taemin's statement, he lost all his abilities to talk. He was dumbfounded and he didn't completely understand Taemin's words. he swallowed but the lump in his throat didn't go away.

before Kai could arrange a sentence ,Taemin fumed out of Kai's room, not even bothering to take his stuff. Kais has guessed that Taemin is heading home, and guessed that this was the end of their friendship.

Kai tried to reach his throbbing head when his hand was met with wet liquid on his face.

it was a Tear.

 

 

 

 

 

(A.N) I'm happy about what I wrote, Sorry for making you wait all this time *bows*