Pain

Let Me Be Like You

"You always were a special friend. You knew that, I knew that. Only I knew something more. I knew that I loved you and I have for so long. You complain because you can't find the "right girl." I guess friendship makes you go blind to see what's standing right in front of you..."

 

 

--------------

KAI'S POV

"meet my girlfriend" I stared in an empty way at his 'Girlfriend'. Not hearing anything beside my heart beats.

I felt that the world is now in slow motion, and I felt this twist in the stomach .

its like somebody has stabbed me with a knife and he is deepening the wound more each second passes.

'meet my girlfriend' kept repeating in my head.

way to go Kai , you got what you wanted!

you wanted Taemin to have a girlfriend, and here he is ..... Your wish is granted.

but why are you suddenly like this?

 

No one's POV

Taemin pulled a chair for Leehi to sit on and sat on his chair.

ever since Taemin said 'meet my girlfriend' it was silent ...

deadly silence it was starting to creep both Leehi and Taemin.

Taemin wanted to break the silence so badly , he couldn't bare with Sulli and Kai's strange gazes anymore.

"what's wrong?" Taemin looked at them questioningly , making them snap back to the reality

"I'll go get something to drink" Sulli muttered and went to the kitchen directly .

Kai let his gaze follow her until she reached the kitchen , he was worried if she really went to bring some drinks or just cry there alone.

Kai himself wasn't feeling well of this sudden news.

although he knew well it was coming , he actually was secretly trying to escape from the reality.

"congratulations" Kai muttered in almost a whisper, but he managed to wipe off the suspicion with his fake smile.

Taemin noticed it but decided to play along.

Taemin smiled back "it was your idea after all" Taemin stuck his tongue playfully.

Kai's face fell for a second but he maintained his smile vastly.

"really? It was Kai's?" Leehi looked slightly surprised and curious about what Taemin said.

Taemin nodded keeping his gaze on Kai "yea.. He wanted me to have a girlfriend so badly that he almost killed me" Taemin said in a joking manner.

but he meant it , he wanted Kai to see his mistake clearer.

Leehi felt a slight pinch in her heart *so its not his intention to date me?*

While Kai on the other hand was speechless , he knew what Taemin meant exactly , but he never knew that Taemin would know about the day when Kai hid behind the tree hearing Taemin get beaten and bullied without any mercy.

Kai wasn't exactly sure about what Taemin meant.

but he could tell that their friendship was in danger.

Kai faked a chuckle "I would never do that" he was dead serious about this phrase.

Taemin sighed and nodded after a moment of another silence Taemin broke it again "Sulli's late... I'll go check on her"

Taemin got up from his seat entering the kitchen.

Kai didn't stop him because he had a feeling that Taemin must see Sulli crying to start noticing something is wrong.

after following Taemin with his gaze, he turned his head toward Leehi only to see her being awkward "you look pretty" these words suddenly escaped from his mouth unintentionally .

she just blinked at him and pressed her lips in a stern line preventing herself from smiling too widely.

"thanks"

Kai smiled back feeling his heart ease at last after the tension Taemin build around him.

*Do I Like her?.... Why her?*

#########

Sulli's POV

I entered the kitchen , and went to the coffee machine to make some.

I promised my self not to cry when this day comes.

and I actually succeeded till now.

although I wasn't crying .. There was a pinch in my heart , it was so painfull .

before I know it the coffee was already made and was already hot and ready to be served.

I accidently the pot at the metal hot boiling area where i dropped the pot already.

I can't believe how absent minded I was , my fingers stung it was so painfull , especially its on my thumb where most nerves are found.

I let out a silent cry, hoping nobody heard me.

it was a night shift and nobody is in the shop except for me and my manger who is probably taking a nap in his office and my friends.

I placed some tooth paste on my thumb (because there wasn't anti-burn cream around)

and I the coffe machine and got a wet towel to wipe off the coffee i dropped earlier.

I wiped it off slowly then I had to sniff and my vision is becoming blurry.

I was crying , I myself wasn't sure is it because of Taemin or the stinging pain in my thumb?

the kitchen door suddenly opened and I snapped in surprise to see who it was.

it was him........

No one's POV

"are you crying?" he asked his voice was very soft

Sulli lowered her head wiping some of her tears away and sniffing.

"what happened?" he kneeled down to get a better look at her face.

she just continued wiping off the coffee.

his sight trailed from her head to her hand .... It was covered in a creamy liquid *toothpaste?*

"does it hurt?"

Sulli snapped her face at him her eyes a bit wide , her jaw dropping slightly "w-what?"

Taemin pointed at her thumb and her heart fell at ease finally.

Sulli bit her lips and looked away nodding.

"its ok , go sit with them ... I'll bring the coffee"

-"No" her eyes teared again and she was about to cry again but she lowered her head continuing to wipe the coffee and trying to hide her tears from him.

but too late, Taemin saw it.

he stood on his foot and pulled her from her shoulder to stand with him.

she kept her head down, trying as hard as she can not to look at him.

"you've changed these days" Taemin started not removing his hand from her shoulder.

"I know something happened , and I know you are not willing to tell me .... But" he used his right hand to lift her chin up.

"can you work a little harder to hide it from me?"

Sulli was trembling inside wondering what he meant.

without her noticing her tears were already out of her eyes flowing down her cheek.

"It hurts , to see my friend like that..."

-"then don't look at me" her voice was serious as if she wasn't even crying.

-"how?"

-"just get out of her and pretend nothing happened"

Taemin paused for a moment memorizing her face like its the first time he met her "I have a better plan"

without leaving her a second to react he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

her eyes widened in shock "Taemin..."

-"you told me not to look at you" he her hair softly "I can't stand it seeing you in pain you know"

Sulli hugged him back and sighed *what if you were the source of my pain*

####################

 

 

 

(A.N) Taelli! As you wanted :D thanx for the 30 sub and 2 upvote , LOVE YOU