Chapter 7 - The Reunion

Ever After

I only have one word to describe tonight's event. Nostalgic.

Right after Sulli, Heechul and I registered our names, we entered the event hall and everyone immediately swarmed around us. Everyone was familiar, and each and every one of them gushed at me and Sulli. 

I left the growing crowd that surrounded Sulli and Heechul when I heard a woman screeched my name. 

"VICTORIA SONG!!!" 

I turned my head to see a woman with short blonde hair and was wearing a white gown. She was towing a guy behind him who was wearing a white suit. The way the woman grinned at me sparked my brain into recognition.

"AMBER LIU!" I squealed. She engulfed me into a hug and I hugged her back. 

"Oh my god! It's been so long!" She gushed."You look absolutely amazing!"

"You too!" I said to her.

The man behind her smiled at me. "Hey, Vic. Long time no see!"

"Donghae! I almost didn't recognize you!" I said to him, giving him a hug.

That's when my brain remembered a letter I received two years ago, stating an invite to a wedding that is to happen in America. I couldn't come because the firm had just opened and Sulli and I were really busy.

"How's the married life? I'm so sorry Sulli and I couldn't come to your wedding!" I said to them.

"It's okay! We know you're totally busy with the firm being newly opened then." Amber said.

"How's the firm, by the way?" Donghae asked.

"Busy. Sulli had to drag me here." I laughed. 

"Speaking of the devil" Amber pointed to Sulli who was rushing towards us with Heechul behind her. She hugged Amber and they were both awkwardly jumping up and down. Heechul and Donghae saw each other all the time, so they weren't as ecstatic as the 3 of us. 

An hour into the party, every member of our group back in College was already there, except for a few more people. 

I was at the punch bowl when a tap from my back distracted me. I turned around to see Nichkhun, looking extremely handsome in his grey suit. 

"Hey, Vic!" He greeted. 

"Nichkhun!" I exclaimed, kissing his cheek. 

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine. How about you? I heard about your business in Thailand!" I said. 

"It's okay. Hey, maybe you should visit Thailand. I'll give you a tour!" He winked. I just smiled at him.

Nichkhun was my first crush back in College and we became really close . He had tried to court me, but my idiot self back then rejected him. 

"Qian! Khun!" Taemin called over. He was standing in a circle along with Amber, Donghae, Heechul, and Sulli. I smiled at the sight of our group, feeling totally reminiscent of our college memories. 

Nichkhun and I walked over to them and started chatting endlessly.

"Have you seen Yoona?" Amber asked. 

"Yoona? Im Yoona?" I asked.

"Yeah, the girl who terrorized you back when we were in College." Sulli said. 

I shook my head. "No, why?"

"She's pregnant and everyone's gossiping about the fact that she's not married!" Amber exclaimed. 

"I kind of feel bad for her." Amber continued.

"Me too." Sulli said. 

I was just quiet and gave a sympathetic smile. 

"There he is!" I heard Donghae's husky voice call out. 

My eyes turned to Donghae, Heechul, Taemin and Nichkhun. They were all grinning at the person walking towards them. I couldn't see him because Taemin was blocking my view. Just as I was about to move to my left to get a clearer view, my back bumped into a hard surface. I turned around to see a tall handsome guy with long hair. 

"Vic?" He asked. I couldn't recognize him so I just stared at him. 

"It's me, Minho!" He said. My eyes widened.

"Minho? Choi Minho?!" I exclaimed. He nodded then gave me a smile. 

Choi Minho was the University's heartthrob and heartbreaker. We became friends during my 2nd year in College and we've been close until Graduation. We only drifted apart because he had to move to Germany for work and because he had confessed through an email that he liked me ever since he saw me during our 1st year. That was way too awkward for me, so I decided to distance myself. 

"You look stunning!" He smiled. I blushed at him. 

Minho was handsome when we were in College, but he was even more so now. 

"Thanks. You look good too." I said to him. 

Our chatter was interrupted by Sulli calling my name.

"Qian!"

She went over to me and excused me from Minho, saying she needed to borrow me for a while. 

"Your old flames are flocking to you like birds" Sulli laughed. I just shook my head at her. 

We stopped in front of Nichkhun whose back was facing me since he was talking to someone. When Nichkhun moved to his left to make way for me, my breathing hitched. 

"Hi, Qian."

There he was, standing like an elephant in the room, leaving everyone quiet and waiting for me to respond. I could feel the heavy air around us, and it took all my power not to run away from him. 

The monster in my memories, the person who made me feel hurt like I've never felt before, standing in front of me with the most dazzling smile ever, looking over at me with his beautiful eyes that's framed with thick eyebrows. And his face...who could forget that handsome face that grew even more handsome than the last time I saw him. I tried not to sigh. 

My hands are aching to smack his smooth cheek with a sharp slap, but I clenched my fists. I calmed myself and pushed my best smile, but the smile did not reach my eyes. My eyes were sharp and icy, like the deadly stare that he's used to seeing six years ago. It's only been six year, but it felt like eternity when the words slipped out of my lips. 

"Hello, Kyuhyun."