Chapter 25

Ever After

CHO KYUHYUN

I just got off the phone with Qian and I'm currently having dinner with Heechul and Sulli after work. 

"So, Vic's coming back next week?" Heechul asked. 

"Yeah. She said she needed a lot of things to fix in China that's why she decided estimated her stay for a week to about a month, but I'm happy it only took her 3 weeks." I said. 

"What is she even doing there?" Heechul asked. "She didn't go back to China this often when we were in University right?" 

"Well, in University she didn't go back as much but during our time in Law School she went back every single time. Like even on weekends. She'd fly out right after our classes ended and fly back to Korea the morning of our class and still make it in time to 9 am lecture. She was that intense then. Well, until now." Sulli said. 

"Now I'm really curious as to what she's doing there." I said. 

"Why don't you ask her directly then?" Heechul looked at me as if it was that easy to ask Qian. 

"I didn't want to pry, and when I asked her once she said she just has family matters to tend to." I answered, feeling a littlle annoyed. "Honestly, I feel like she's hiding something."

"Family matters? Isn't her sister Sunny satying with her in Korea? And from what I hear her parents are pretty stable there. Her family's some Chinese business big shot right?" Heechul said. 

"Yeah but I think Vic has another younger sibling. I don't know, really." Sulli shrugged.

"What made you say that? I don't think she's ever mention about another sibling aside from Sunny back when we were in College, and even now." I said.

"She never really said anything and I never really did ask, but there was one time I heard a kid on the other end of the line when she's speaking to her family in the office. I didn't pry since I didn't want to sound nosy or anything like that." Sulli explained. 

"Aren't you best of friends? And besides you're nosy in nature anyway that's not something new." Heechul teased as he pinched Sulli's cheeks. 

"Stop!" Sulli complained. "I figured if Vic didn't want to say anything then that's fine it's not like it's such a big deal anyway if she had another sibling and really, it's none of my business, or even yours." She pointed to me and Heechul. 

"Yeah, but it's weird if she's being secretive about it." Heechul said.

"It's not that she's secretive. She just doesn't talk about it." Sulli said as she stuffed with food.

"Maybe its' a secret child." Heechul laughed. I almost choked on my food. 

"Impossible" Sulli laughed while shaking her head. 

"Has Qian not been with anyone since we broke up?" I asked, carefully treading into a topic I was curious about but didn't really want to know. 

"Not that I know of." Heechul shrugged.

"She's been to a couple of dates and  few guys she went out with a couple of times but nothing serious enough to be called a relationship, i guess." Sulli said. "And besides between our classes, her going back to China every chance she could I guess she was just too packed to be even in a serious relationship." 

"Even after law school she didn't date anyone?" I asked.

"Hmm. No not really. Right after law school we built the firm so we were prettu up to our necks with that. Also Vic works tirelessly. I didn't think having a boyfriend was up on her priority list. She just didn't have the time." Sulli said.

"You seemed like you had the time." I laughed as I pointed to her and Heechul.

"Well, Sulli is different." Heechul laughed.

"Yeah, before the firm I just wanted to bag a rich guy to marry so i focused on Heechul." She ssaid sarcastically as she rolled her eyes at the both of us.

"Great decision, babe." Heechul said as he kissed her cheek.

"Ugh. Stop rubbing it on my face that I'm your third wheel." I said to the both of them as we continued with dinner.