Chapter 13 - Unexpected

Ever After

QIAN'S POV

After lunch, everyone agreed to head down to the beach to swim. I was still busy with my phone so I decided to lie under the parasol.

I looked over to see everyone splashing water at each other by the shore.

Heechul was carrying Sulli around, princess style while Sulli tried to wriggle herself out of Heechul's grasp.

Amber and Donghae were playing on the sand, it was probably another competition between the married couple.

Taemin, Minho and Kyuhyun were shoving each other around. I was looking for Nichkhun when he suddenly nudged my shoulder.

"Hey Vic! What are you doing here? Everyone's having a grand time." Nichkhun said to me.

"Oh nothing. I was just checking some emails from work." I said as I continued to fumble with my phone.

"You have to stop that. We're on vacation!" Nichkhun said. 

Before I could answer, Kyuhyun came out of nowhere.

"That's what I told her before lunch." He said, rolling his eyes at me as he tossed away his towel.

I stared  at Kyuhyun's body. It was glistening due to the water drops that fell from his hair. I haven't seen him in this way for a really long time, and my mind is remembering every single outline of his. 

"Enjoying the view?" I heard Kyuhyun said, breaking my thoughts. I looked up to him to see him smiling smugly at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Vic! Come join us!" Sulli shouted at me. 

"I can't ! I'm sti--"I was cut off by Kyuhyun lifting me up, bridal style.

"WHAT THE HELL? KYUHYUN!! PUT ME DOWN!" I screeched. "Don't throw me into the ocean, I swear! My phone!" I said as I held on tightly to my phone for dear life. Nichkhun ran towards us and quickly snatched my phone away from my hands.

"AHHH!" I yelped at Nichkhun's force.

"Put me down!" I yelled at Kyuhyun.

"Nope. Not a chance!" Kyuhyun said as he lunged towards the waters, quickly throwing me to the ocean.

Water surged to my nose and mouth. I came out of the water coughing uncontrollably. Everyone started gathering around me, worried looks on their faces,

"Vic, are you okay?" Taemin asked, seeming very alarmed.

I was still coughing my lungs out as a thought entered my mind. 

"I can't.." I said in between coughs. As the words escaped my mouth I fell on the soft sand that surrounded the beach.

"VIC?!" I heared them shout simultaneously. 

I stopped myself from snickering. A little scare won't hurt these guys. I hope Kyuhyun feels guilty.

I lay motionless on the sad as I felt my friends hover above me. I was trying so hard not to laugh.

"Wait. Let me do something." I recognized the voice as Kyuhyun's.

"You better do something, you were the one who threw Vic in the water!" Sulli yelled.

I felt pressure on my chest. What the hell? Will he do CPR?!

I was about to open my eyes and announce that I was only playing a joke on them when I felt hands supporting my upper torso, putting me into a seating position.

"Kyu-ah. What are you gonna d--"

Before Minho, could finish his sentence I felt a hard slap on my back.

"OUCH WHAT THE ?!!!!" I exclaimed in surprise. I doubled over in pain.

"I knew it! You were playing a prank!" Kyuhyun exclaimed. Almost laughing.

"That hurts you know?!" I yelled at him as I stood up.

"My bad, did I do it too hard?" He didn't seemed apologetic at all. 

I glared at Kyuhyun, snatched my phone from Nichkhun then quickly walked away towards the beach house.

I can hear some of them following me but I didn't bother to turn around to know who it was. I quickened my pace and immediately went up my room as I got to the beach house.

After a few moments I heard a soft knock on my door. "Hey, Vic? You okay?" It was Amber.

"Yah. Open the door." Sulli urged on.

"I really don't want to talk to anyone right now." I said. I was still very pissed at Kyuhyun and I was quite afraid that I might vent all of it out on Sulli and Amber.

"Arasseo. We'll come up again in a few hours. You better be okay by then!" Sulli called out, then I heard their footsteps descend the stairs, leaving me alone.

I was very irritated at Kyuhyun. It's only the first day, I can't imagine how it'll be for the next 6 days that I need to spend with him around.