Chapter 9 - Jeju

Ever After

"Excuse me, I think I need to go to the ladies room." I said, quickly standing up. 

Amber and Sulli instinctively got up after me but I stopped them.

"Don't." I whispered, touching both their arms.

I got up and walked away from our table. Away from Kyuhyun. 

I quickly rushed into the bathroom and faced myself in the mirror. 

"Deep breaths, Qian. Deep breaths." I chanted over and over again. 

There was no denying that the pictures of me and Kyuhyun back in College affected me. There was just no way that 4 years of blissful romance now weighs nothing for me. 

I fixed my make up and re applied lipstick on my lips while still taking deep breaths.

"You can do this, Qian. Just one week with Cho Kyuhyun. You'll be fine. What can happen in one week, really?" I said to myself. My mind flash backed to that fateful one week trip to Jeju in our Senior Year.

"Jeju?! Are we really going to Jeju?!" Sulli exclaimed to my ear.

"Yes! Heechul's been trying to tell you that ever since we got home from school!" I said. 

Sulli, Amber and I are roomates. We live in one of the condominium units surrounding Seoul National University. Her boyfriend, Heechul lives next door, along with Taemin, Amber's boyfriend, Donghae, Minho, Nichkhun and my boyfriend, Kyuhyun.

Yes, I know what you're thinking! We were sworn enemies, but I guess after that weird "lunch date" we had during our first year, I started to have deep feelings for him. Now, we've been together for 3 years and hopefully longer.

"How long are we going to stay there?" Sulli asked.

Just as I was about to answer, our door bursts open. Revealing Amber, with Donghae, Kyuhyun and Heechul tagging behind him.

"Hey babe!" Kyuhyun called, wrapping me into a hug and kissing the side of my temple. Sulli and Heechul were, as usual, bickering and teasing each other. While Amber and Donghae were discussing a few things about the trip.

"Oh yea, Ssul was asking how long we're going to stay there." I said to Kyuhyun. 

"Taemin said we can stay for a week if we want to." Kyuhyun replied.

"A week? Isn't that going to be very expensive?" Sulli said.

"Don't worry! Everything is taken care of!" Donghae said.

"By who?" Amber asked.

"By me!" Taemin exclaimed as he walked in our unit, Minho and Nichkhun were behind him, lugging their gym bags. 

"What do you mean?" Sulli turned to him. 

"Have you forgotten that Taemin is filthy rich?" Nichkhun said as he slumped on our couch beside Donghae and Amber. 

"Yea, his dad let us stay in their hotel for a week or more, all expenses paid." Minho said. 

"Wah! Jinja? Daebak!!" I squealed, clapping my hands. 

"All you need to do is bring your things and yourself." Taemin daid.

"When are we leaving?" Amber asked.

"TONIGHT!" Kyuhyun, Taemin, Heechul, Minho, Donghae and Nichkhun all yelled in unison making the three of us girls jump in surprise. 

"What?!" The three of us exclaimed. 

"Ne! Now go and pack your bags!" Heechul instructed. 

Sulli, Amber and I are not light travellers. That is a guarantee. And we need more than a day to finish packing everything we need for a week long trip. The three of us grumbled but hurriedly went to our respective bedrooms and began pulling out our luggages, the boys were laughing at us but later on we heard the door close, meaning they must've gone to pack their things as well. 

3 hours into packing and I'm still nowhere near done.

"Qian!!" Sulli called from her room. 

"What?" 

"Should I bring a dress?" She asked.

"Why would you bring a dress?!" Amber exclaimed from her room. 

"I don't know!!" Sulli was in full on panic. 

"Bring them if you want to! I brought a couple sundresses." I shouted. 

"I better bring some too!" Sulli agreed. 

"All I have are shorts! I don't have dresses!" Amber complained  

"That's okay!" Sulli and I yelled in unison. 

"Oh my god! Shoes!" I shrieked as I ran to my closet. Amber and Sulli made a gasping sound. They must've forgotten about their shoes too. 

I stuffed my big black luggage with lots of clothes and shoes, while a small luggage was filled to the brim with bags and accessories, another small luggage wad filled with all my necessities and phone chargers. After I had dressed up and had forced the zipper of my luggages to close and stuffed my handbag with a few make up, my wallet, my phone and my trusty earphones, I was ready to go. 

When Sulli and Amber came out of their rooms, they were hauling 3 luggages as well, with Sulli's handbag on her shoulders and Amber's bag draped on her side.

Just as I was about to text the guys, they came strutting inside our unit and was obviously shocked by the amiunt of luggage we have. 

"What is this? We're staying for a week, not a month!" Heechul exclaimed. 

"Daebak! What is in this?" Donghae asked. 

"Clothes" We all said in unison. 

"Don't you think this is too much?" Kyuhyun asked. 

I sent him a sharp look. "No."

"This is barely enough!" Sulli said. 

"What?! It's as if you emptied out your closets!" Nichkhun said.

The three of us rolled our eyes at them so hard, it hurt. 

"Where's your stuff?" Amber asked. 

"Uhmm...this?" Minho said, holding up his gray duffel bag.

We looked over at Taemin and he pulled a small blue luggage behind him, it was only as big as my necessities luggage. 

Nichkhun turned around to show us his big backpack, I have no idea how clothes for a week could fit there. 

"Where's yours?" I asked Kyuhyun.

He smiled sheepishly and held up his black duffel bag.

"That's it?!" I asked. He nodded. 

I looked over at Heechul and Donghae who were holding their own green and white duffel bags, respectively. 

"Why do girls have so much stuff?" Heechul groaned.

"Bear with it!" Sulli said, slamming his arm. 

"Do you need help?" Donghae asked Amber.

"Isn't it obvious?!" 

Donghae quickly grabbed two of Amber's luggage and walked out, following Heechul who was pulling all three if Sulli's luggage plus his duffel bag.

"I'll get this big and small one, you can just pull the other one." Kyuhyun said to me. 

We walked out of our condominium units and drove off to the airport.