Chapter 2 - Memories

Ever After

I drove my car to Sulli's and was greeted by Sulli's loud squealing.

"I can't believe you're finally going to come to meet our college friends!" She grinned.

"No need to be super excited. It's just a week, so I think I can bear it." I sighed, dropping my bags once inside Sulli's house.

"Where's Heechul?" I asked.

"Oh he's at his brother's house." Sulli replied.

I walked to her kitchen. Heechul's cat, Choco, circled around my feet and I gave him a pat in the head before seating in one of the counter tops.

"Qian, can you cook something? I haven't eaten lunch yet" Sulli pouted.

"Okay, I haven't eaten yet too." I grinned and began cooking.

While eating lunch, I was mid-way into putting the chicken in my mouth when Sulli suddenly asked.

"What would you do if you saw him?"

"Saw who?" I said, feigning innocence.

"You know who exactly." She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Ssul, it's been 6 years since we last saw each other. I'm sure I can manage." I smiled faintly.

"Are you really really sure? Because I remember last year, you said you were still hurting." She said matter-of-factly.

"I didn't. I said, I suddenly remembered the feeling of hurting. Not that I was still in pain." I defended.

""Fine. If you say so." She shrugged. "Hey! I suddenly remembered! We were sitting next to each other during the first day of classes when we were in 1st year right?"

I laughed then nodded. My mind suddenly drifted to my early memories of college.

 

June 5, 2012 First Day of First Year College

"Oh ! I'm late!" I said as I ran to enter the school gates and dash to my building. "Stupid traffic!" I cursed. I pulled out my class schedule and ran up the stairs all the way to the 4th floor. "Where's 411?" I wondered idly. Great, I'm late and now I'm also lost. I walked through the corridors and looked at every number sign on top of the doors, but no door says 411. I approached one janitor who was mopping the west corridors. 

"Excuse me? Uhm Can I ask where room 411 is? I can't seem to find it." I said.

The janitor looked at me weirdly and pointed to a door than looks like a janitor's closet. "That's 411."

I mumbled a thank you and slowly walked towards the door, I peeked in the small window and sure enough it really is a classroom. There was already a professor. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Once inside, everyone stared at me, I could feel my knees shaking.

"Goodmorning, Sir. Sorry, I'm late." I said.

"It's okay. Take a seat."He smiled and gestured to one of the chairs in front.

I was sitting beside a petite girl and a guy who looks like he's mad at the world.

"What's your name? And can I see your registration form?" The professor smiled. I handed him my form and went back to my seat. He looked at it for a while. He suddenly grinned at me.

"You're chinese huh?" I nodded. "You're such a pretty girl" The teacher laughed. I felt awkward.

"Sir, are you trying to be a e?" A  guy shouted from the back.

"Hey you, Justin Bieber look alike. Keep quiet!" He said, then the whole class laughed. I didn't find it funny because I had no idea why he called that student a justin bieber look alike. I couldn't turn around because I was shy and my eyesight was pretty bad without my glasses.

After a few more chatter with the professor, the bell rang and he left the classroom. We were waiting for the next professor when the girl beside me spoke.

"Hi, I'm Choi Sulli. What's your name?" She smiled.

"I'm Victoria Song." I said.

"You're chinese right? What's your chinese name?" She asked.

"Qian. Song Qian" I said.

"Can I just call you Qian? I like it more than Victoria" She laughed.

That was the first time someone said that they liked Qian as my name than Victoria. A lot of people say it's a mouthful and quite hard to say.

"This is weird, but you know, I have a feeling that we're going to be best friends." She grinned.

"It's weird too, but I agree with you." I smiled at her.

"It really was a start to our friendship huh?" I laughed.

"Yeah. We've been through a lot." She said, obviously reminiscing.

Yeah. A lot. I thought to myself.