Chapter 18 - Second Chances

Ever After

SONG QIAN'S POV

"Qian.." Kyuhyun mumbled as I try to break free from the hug.

"Yeah?" I said, lifting my head up. I can slowly feel the akwardness sink in. 

"I think we have an audience." Kyuhyun said, pointing forward with his mouth.

I looked over and saw everyone hiding behind the wall that divides the kitchen from the grand living room. Every single head that was peeking at us quickly retreated when we both looked over.

"Yah. We saw you already!" I exclaimed. 

One by one they sheepishly entered the kitchen.

"Vic, we didn't mean to. Donghae heard you guys arguing first." Amber said as he pointed at his husband.

"Yah, yeobo." Donghae protested. "Are you throwing me under the bus now?" Amber nodded.

"But it was Heechul who said that we should look at what's happening!" Donghae quickly pointed out. 

"Yah, Lee Donghae!" Heechul exclaimed. "Sulli said we should listen more!" Heechul quickly retaliated.

"But Minho was very absorbed in it too! He wouldn't budge and was listening very intently!" Sulli passed the blame on to Minho.

"Yahh. But it was Nichkhun who said that we should listen until the end and see what happens." Minho said.

"Aish. Jinja?" Nichkhun exclaimed. "Yah..um..I...Yah! Lee Taemin! Why did you build you house with very thin walls? This is your fault for not making it sound proof that's why we heard Vic and Kyuhyun arguing."

"MWO?" Taemin exclaimed, looking very bewildered.

"Yah. Yah. Do you guys even hear yourself? You all sound ridiculous passing on the blame like that." Kyuhyun said.

"And it's not like we're mad." I said, laughing.

"Jinja? So it's totally okay that we eavesdropped?" Donghae asked. I nodded.

"So, where does this put the two of you?" Minho asked.

I looked over at Kyuhyun.

"Uh...Qian?" He asked.

"Um..friends?" I said, shrugging.

"Just friends?" They all exclaimed. A hint of disappointment evident in their voices.

"Wae? What do you want us to be?" I said, glaring at each and every one of them. 

Donghae, Minho, Nichkhun and Taemin all quickly lowered their glances, trying to avoid my gaze but Heechul looked at me head on.

"You guys could get back together?" He grinned.

"Yah!" I exclaimed, grabbing the dish rag from the kitchen counter and flinging it at Heechul.

"Vic!" He exclaimed. "It's just a suggestion." 

I glared at him even more. Kyuhyun was snickering behind me.

"Yah. You think it's funny?" I said, glaring at him as menacingly as I could.

"There goes that ice cold stare again, Qian. I can feel a chill down my spine!" He winced. "And besides, I think Heechul's suggestion is not so bad."

"Yah! Are you out of your mind?" I exclaimed.

"I think the two of you still like each other. Even after everything that has happened." Amber said, grinning at me.

"You're right, Amber! I really think Vic still likes, or maybe even still loves Kyuhyun." Sulli chimed in.

"Yah Choi Sulli. Don't you even dare." I said.

"Dare to what?" Donghae asked.

"Oh. Vic's just scared that I might spill something about her." Sulli was on full-on gloating mode.

"Sulli." I said, my voice was dripping in threat.

"About what?" Minho asked.

"Curiosity kills people. I'm reminding you." I said. "And Sulli, you better shut it." I was feeling a little annoyed already.

"Yah, Qian. Stop scaring Sulli. What are you going to spill about Qian? Ppali, Ssul." Kyuhyun egged on.

"Yeah. I am curious too." Taemin said.

"Me too." Nichkhun nodded.

"You guys talk as if I'm not here." I rolled my eyes at them.

"C'mon Qian. Don't you think it's time we actually air everything out?" Kyuhyun said to me.

"Air out what? And why am I the only one who needs to reveal everything anyway?" I said, my voice raising a little.

"Well, you should go first. Ladies first, right?" Kyuhyun teased.

"Yah. The person who wants to air things out should be the one to reveal things first!" I protested.

Kyuhyun shook his head. "Aniyo. You should go first."

"Yah why are you pushing for me to sa---" Kyuhyun had cut me off.

"I still like you."

"Mwo??" I exclaimed.

"Woah! Kyuhyun-ah! Daebak!" Minho cheered.

"Smooth, Kyu-ah!" Donghae said as he raises a fist bump to Kyuhyun.

"That's a confession, right?" Heechul said.

"It sure does sound like one." Taemin said.

"So...that means what?" Amber trailed.

"Are they getting back together?" Nichkhun asks.

"Kyuhyun, what do you mean by like anyways? It's too vague!" Sulli called out.

"Well, I still like Qian. As much as I did back in College." Kyuhyun said. I was still speechless. 

"Qian?" Kyuhyun looked at me earnestly.

"Oh. You startled me. I..I..uh.." I stuttered.

"So? What's your reply to that?" Kyuhyun bugged on.

"Um..." I was at loss for words. My emotions were scattered. I didn't have a ready response to what Kyuhyun just said.

"This is the first time I'm seeing Vic speechless." Heechul said.

Everybody else nodded. "Us too."

"Qian? Everyone's waiting." Kyuhyun smiled at me, the smile that I missed. The smile that reached his eyes.

"C'mon, Vic. I think everyone knows that the feelings between you two are still mutual." Sulli said, exhasperated by the fact that I've been dragging this on.

I looked at her. "Forever the impatient one."

"That's because I'm sleepy and you guys need to sort this out. We're done with cliffhangers! It's like we're watching a kdrama unfold before us." Sulli said.

"Fine." I said.

"So?" Kyuhyun looked at me expectantly.

I inhaled then exhaled before answering Kyuhyun.

"We can...give this a try again." I said, softly. I barely heard my own voice.

"Yah! We didn't hear!" Taemin protested.

"Vic! That's too soft we couldn't hear what you said!" Minho exclaimed.

"I said, okay. Kyuhyun and I can give it a try again. Happy now? Loud enough for you?" I exclaimed, feeling a little irritated.

"Finally!" They all exclaimed.

"Jinja?" Kyuhyun looked at me, his eyes wide. I nodded.

"Thank you, Qian!" He grinned the pulled me into a tight hug.

Kyuhyun leaned closer to me, just as he was inches away from my face, I involuntarily yawned.

Everyone laughed.

"Yah, Song Qian. Way to go in ruining the mood." Kyuhyun said, sounding a little irritated.

"I'm sorry. I guess I am more sleepy than I thought." I stifled a laugh.

"C'mon love birds. Let's all get some sleep. We're still going to do lots of activities tomorrow." Taemin said, ushering everyone to get out of the kitchen and into our respective rooms.

"So, does this mean Vic and Kyuhyun are now sharing a room?" Sulli snickered.

Kyuhyun looked at me with a gleam in his eyes.

"In your dreams" I said. We all laughed as we made our way to our rooms, except Kyuhyun. 

"Yah, Qian." He groaned.

I turned around and stuck my tongue at him before I ran towards my room.