Chapter 16 - Secrets

Ever After

VICTORIA'S POV

"I swear, Kyuhyun was staring at you." Amber said.

"He was practically drooling!" Sulli exclaimed.

The three of us were currently at the sea, we just finished snorkeling so we decided to swim around for a little while. The boys were still on the yacht, drinking beers.

"Stop guys, he wasn't." I said.

"Well, who could blame him? You look really hot, Qian!" Sulli said.

"What kind of workout do you do? I need to try that." Amber said.

"Well, I still dance from time to time so that kind of helps." I said.

"And she does SoulCycle atleast thrice a week." Sulli added.

"Okay, that's definitely the work of SoulCycle." Amber laughed.

"Hey, girls! The tour guide said we're visiting another island!" Minho called out to us.

We all swam towards the small ladder latched at the side of the boat and climbed up.

"The next island we're going to visit is Miyako Island. This is where Yabiji lies. One of Japan's biggest coral reef area. The corals are usually located below the water’s surface, but they appear above sea level during a spring tide. Not only corals, but clownfish, Redfin Anthias are also must-see." 

We set for sail and after a short while we finally arrived. The clear cerulean waters was beyond any of my expectations. It was simply breathtaking.

None of us could resist the call of the clear blue water so we all dived in once the yacht operator gave the go signal.

The corals were amazingly beautiful. Taemin had an underwater camera with him so we had lots of fun getting our pictures taken. 

"Oh my god! Sea turtles!" Sulli exclaimed. We all went to where Sulli was and marveled at two sea turtles. It looked like it was an adult and a child because one sea turtle was so tiny. 

"You're in your natural habitat, Hae!" Kyuhyun said, which caused to make everyone laugh except Donghae who looked like he was tired of that long running joke. 

"I'm trying to find Nemo or Dory." Heechul said. 

"You mean, a Blue Tang and a Clownfish?" I said.

"Always the smartypants." Heechul rolled his eyes. "But yes, those."

"Heechul names fish species by their characters from Finding Nemo and Finding Dory." Sulli laughed.

"Yeah, he asked me a while ago while you girls were swimming why Amber was afraid of Bruce. I was like, who the is Bruce?" Donghae laughed.

"Was there a Bruce in Finding Nemo?" Minho asked, looking very confused.

"I don't remember that movie anymore. It was released ages ago." Nichkhun said.

"He was talking about Sharks." Sulli said. 

"Sulli, you understood that?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Duh. I've been with him for 10 years, I think it's more surprising if I didn't understand him." Sulli said. "When he saw the baby sea turtle he whispered "Squirt".

"Oh my god, Heechul." Amber was laughing while trying to keep herself afloat. 

We all climbed up the boat after a few more minutes of swimming. We still had one more island to go to and everybody was excited for this one. 

"The next and last destination is the Blue Cave located in the Okinawa Main Island. This is a representative point of Okinawa, located at Cape Maeda, Onna Village on Northern Okinawa. You can enjoy the mysterious scenery of the blue cave that the sunlight seeps through rocks and reflect to bottom of the sea. You can see Bigscale Soldierfish as well as a specialty of Okinawa, Ryukyu sweepers."

It took us 10 minutes to arrive to the entrance of the cave. "From here you have to swim to have access inside the cave. Do you need floaters?" 

We all shook our heads and wore our snorkeling gears. Taemin, with his camera, was the first one to jump off the boat.

"Guys. It's seriously amazing." Taemin said as he reemerged from the water. 

One by one we started diving into the water. As I went in the water I realized what Taemin was saying. It truly was amazing. The  marine life beneath us was rich and schools of fish were swarming around us. We swam our way inside the cave. The inside of the cave made me even more speechless.

"Wow." Every single one of us said. You can hear the water drops from above resonating inside the cave, along with the clicks of Taemin's camera that echoes around us.

Wow was the understatement of the century. No words could actually describe how majestic the underwater cave was.

After we swam around and took loads of pictures, we heard the tour guide's whistle, signaling that we must go back to shore. When the boat docked we thanked the tour guide and went back to our villa.

KYUHYUN'S POV

Everyone spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping while I walked around the house. I saw Qian in the living room. She was facing her laptop and was talking to someone. I slowly walked towards her and tried to eavesdrop a bit.

"Yeah. I know." I heard Qian say. I inched a bit closer.

"My flight is next week Saturday. I'll see you then." Flight? Was she leaving? And who is she going to see?

"I miss you too so much. I can't wait to give you a hug!" She squealed at the monitor. Was she talking to her boyfriend?

"I have to go. Be good okay? I love you!" She said then closed the computer. I slowly walked in the living room.

"Ehem." I coughed.

"Oh! You startled me, Kyuhyun!" She said, clutching her chest. "How long have you been there?" 

"I just walked in." I lied.

"Did you hear anything?" She asked.

"No, why? Do you have something you didn't want me to hear?"" I smirked. Another lie.

"Aniyo." She shooked her head.

Well, I guess she was lying too. I shrugged then sat on the couch. Qian walked out and headed upstairs toward her room. I wonder what she's trying to hide.