Chapter 6 - "Eat your heart out"

Ever After

Tomorrow night came faster than I'd like to. It felt like I just blinked and the reunion party is already going to start in less than 2 hours. 

I was currently seated in front of the vanity table with Sulli beside me in front of another table. We were busily putting on make up and fixing our hair. Sulli's hair was piled on top of her head, she was wearing a pink floor length gown that looked absolutely amazing on her. I was still on my bathrobe and was busily sighing in front of my reflection. 

 "Qian, why aren't you dressed yet?" Sulli asked. "You have less than 2 hours!" 

"Ssul, that's more than I need." I said as I applied red lipstick on my lips. 

"Jinja, even while wearing a bathrobe, you look gorgeous" Sulli said to me. 

"What are you talking about? My hair isn't even in any style.I just have it boringly straight." I said to her. 

My hair wasn't styled in any special way. I had it straightened and only asked them to volumize it a little so it'll look soft and bouncy. My hair was like Jessica Rabbit's in the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?". 

"Qian, go and get dressed. You really have to hurry up. Registration is in an hour." Sulli urged.

"Fine."  I answeres and walked towards the dressing room. I took out the dress I bought a few days ago and gulped at the sight of it. I wasn't really sure how I'm supposed to wear it, but I just shrugged and stepped into the dress, zipping it up on the side. I uncomfortably shifted the top of the dress and then sprawled my hair on my back and a few strands covering my wide forehead. I slowly stepped out after I put on my tear drop diamond earrings and my diamond studded bracelet. 

"Qian! We need to go! Heechul is almost here to pick us up!" Sulli shouted over the closed door

"Ssul. I'm ready." I said after I sprayed a little cologne on me. 

Sulli had her back on me and she slowly turned. Her eyes grew wide and hanged open. It was the first time Sulli saw my gown, but this was a little too much reaction.

"Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?!" She gasped.

I looked down on my gown in confusion. 

"Does it look ugly?" I asked.

Sulli still had open. "Ugly? Are you kidding me? You look absolutely beautiful and hot!" 

I pulled the top part of my dress higher because I felt like my chest would be exposed if I didn't, but as I did so, the slit at the front of my dress went higher. I groaned in frustration.

"This isn't working." I said to Sulli.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I feel awkward in this dress." I said. Sulli went over to my side and had a huge grin on her face.

"Have you looked in the mirror?" She asked. I shook my head. 

Sulli turned me around and we both faced the full body mirror placed inside the hotel room. At first, I was confused. It took my a few more seconds to realize that the woman standing beside Sulli was me. 

AN: Sulli's pink gown 

 

Victoria's black gown

 

"I look...." I trailed.

"Absolutely wonderful." Sulli smiled. 

"You look amazing too." I grinned at her. 

"Oh please. You're going to be the best looking one at the party. Now let's go before Heechul starts banging on our door." Sulli said.

I laughed then picked up the small black ourse placed on the table. As I took it from the top of a pile of papers, a photograph fell. Sulli went over to me to pick it up since I've become immobilized from surprise when I saw the photo.

"Don't worry about it, Qian. He's going to eat his heart out once he sees you!" Sulli grinned. I tried to push a smile and confidently walk out of the hotel room and into the party.