Chapter 5 - Dream

Ever After

"Just call me when something goes wrong, okay?" I said to Krystal for the nth time. My obedient secretary nodded her head. I'm pretty sure I'm verging on annoying her. 

"You've said that to Krystal a thousand times, Qian. The firm will be fine without us for a week!" Sulli said to me as she placed her  luggage at the trunk of my car. 

I asked Krystal to come by my house a few hours ago so I could brief her on what to do with the cases that I have left at the office. Krystal is a licensed lawyer so I'm quite confident in leaving her with most of my work. Sulli arrived a couple of minutes ago, she told me that Heechul decided to drive with Leeteuk and Shindong, his best friends in college, that's why she's riding with me. 

"But I have to make sure! I've left 5 cases at the office and 2 pro bono cases." I said to Sulli. I was still unsure about leaving since I'm leaving behind tons of work. My sister, Sunny peered behind me and grinned.

"Unni, the office will be fine! I'm sure of it. Krystal is really capable, and besides, I'm sure Henry would report to you if anything goes wrong." Sunny said.

I messed up her hair and smiled. "Fine, since you all are so pushy in getting rid of me." I said to her and Krystal. I slipped on my sunglasses and sat on the driver's seat of my red Maserati Grancabrio. Sulli jumped in and loudly closed the car door. I glared at her. "Ssul!"

"Sorry! I forgot to be gentle with your baby." She smiled sheepishly at me.

I was very gentle with my car indeed since it costs a fortune and I had worked so hard for it.

I waved at Sunny and Krystal as Sulli and I drove off.

 

Sulli has been switching songs for the past hour, knowing Sulli, her being restless and fidgety means that she wants to say something but is scared of whatever reaction she might get from her listener.

"What is it?" I said to her, not alleviating my eyes from the road.

"What?" She asked.

"You've been fidgety for the past hour, what do you want to say or ask?" I asked her.

"You know me so well." She sighed, shaking her head. I laughed at her.

After a few more minutes she exhaled and asked. "Are you ready to see him?" 

I gulped and stayed silent for a while before taking a deep breath. "Ofcourse, it's been six years."

Sulli just nodded at me, resuming her comfortable position at the passenger seat and pulling out a book.

 

It was a long drive. 3 hours into driving and my head is already aching. I urged Sulli to switch places with me while I sleep for the next 2 hour drive.

I made myself comfortable on shotgun and dozed off to sleep, catching the zzs that I've missed because of trying to finish my cases just in time for the reunion.

 

It's been 2 months since school started and I've been well acquainted with everyone. Sulli, Amber and I are closer than ever. Sulli and Heechul are so close that romance is just inevitable. Amber on the other hand, is in a love hate relationship with Donghae. I've also grown closer to Cho Kyuhyun, and I also developed a small crush, forgetting my once crush on Nichkhun. 

"Qian!" A voice called behind me as I was walking towards the University gates. I whipped my head to see Nichkhun running towards me with his bag barely on his shoulders.

"Hey" I greeted him as he stopped beside me.

"You look awfully pretty today!" He grinned at me cheekily, I blushed. 

We were walking towards the building doors when someone suddenly grabbed my arm and messed up my hair.

"Yah!" I shouted at the person. I looked up and saw Cho Kyuhyun standing in front of me with a smirk. I slapped his arm and he let out a yelp.

"Yah! Song Qian! Is that how a girl should act?" He looked at me with his evil eyes.

I scowled at him. "Is that how you treat a yeoja this early in the morning? I did my best in fixing my hair, you know!" 

"Who did you fix it for?" He asked, arching his eyebrows at me.

You... My mind asnwered, but I shook off the thought and turned to face Nichkhun. "Nichkhun-ssi!"

Nichkhun beamed at me, probably thinking I was speaking the truth. 

"Don't be too happy, Nichkhun. She's just joking." Kyuhyun said to Nichkhun. Nichkhun's face fell but then he immediately wiped the frown off his face and smiled. 

"I know."

The three of us walked towards our classroom and saw the chaos that was in it. Everyone was standing and Donghae and Amber were bickering in the midst of it. 

"Yah! Lee Donghae! You look like a fish!" Amber yelled.

Donghae's face turned red and yelled back at Amber, "We look alike,so you look like a fish too!"

Amber was about to shout again when I suddenly found myself in between them.

"Stop it." I simply said, but looked at both of them sharply. Amber closed and looked down. Donghae let out a grunt and looked away from me.

Kyuhyun walked over at us and smirked. "Ice Princess' glare works every single time."

Kyuhyun and some of my classmates has dubbed me as  "Ice Princess" ever since I glared at Kyuhyun for messing up my hair all the time. Everyone saw it and they said they felt a chill run down their spine. They stopped Kyuhyun from bugging me for a week because they were afraid to see my glare again, but ofcourse, Cho Kyuhyun being himself just shrugged it off and instead created a new nickname for me. Amusing isn't he? NOT.

"What are you going on about again?" I asked Amber as she sat beside me, Sulli grabbed a chair and sat on my left side.

"He was teasing me." Amber sulked.

I sighed at her. "That's nothing new. He always does that to get a rise out of you."

"You're right, but he just gets on my nerves!" Amber groaned in frustration, Sulli and I just chuckled at her.

"Hey, you came in with Kyuhyun-ssi and Nichkhun-ssi. Something smells fishy." Sulli said to me, wagging her eyebrows.

I looked at her weirdly. "Nothing's fishy. What are you talking about? We just saw each other at the entrance." I explained.

"Yeah right. Kyuhyun was obviously waiting for you by the building entrance." Amber snickered.

My forehead creased. "If you're hinting that Kyu likes me, he doesn't." I said to them.

"That wasn't the case when school started." Amber grinned at me. Sulli was also beaming.

I sighed at them. "His crush on me is long gone. Vanished. Kaput!" I told them.

Amber and Sulli eyed me warily.

"Qian, you--" Sulli started but was cut off by Kyuhyun who walked over to where we were seated and sat on the chair in front of me.

"Annyeong, Qian!" He grinned. I glared at him. He was beaming at me, knowing Kyu, he's definitely up to something.

"What do you want?" I said sharply.

He smiled at me. "Want to go eat lunch later with me?"

"What?!" I exclaimed, standing up in the process.

Amber, Sulli, Donghae, Heechul and Nichkhun were now crowded around us, and a few of our classmates listening in on us.

"What? I'm just asking you out for lunch." Kyuhyun shrugged.

"You're acting weird. You're up to something." I said to him.

"Aniyo. Just be free for lunch, arasseo?" He said then walked away with the other boys, except for Heechul who lingered to talk with Sulli. 

Before I could even react, our professor for Economics came and started the lecture. 

 

At exactly, 12 pm we were dismissed. As I was placing my things inside my bag, Kyuhyun came over and helped me with my books. I eyed him warily.

"Jinja, what are you up to?" I ask him. He's acting really weird.

He just stayed quiet and continued helping me with my books. Once I was done placing my books inside my locker, he grabbed my hand and led me out of the building. I tried to escape his grasp but his grip on my hand just tightened.

"Yah, Cho Kyuhyun!" I exclaimed, but he just turned to me and grinned.

Isanghae...

I woke up with a jolt.

"We're here!" Sulli exclaimed, unbuckling her seat bealt. I looked out my window to see the tall building of Hyatt Hotel before us. Some hotel staff were already helping Sulli unload the car of our luggages. I took the key from the ignition and stepped out of the car, handing the valet the keys and grabbing my hand bag from the backseat. Once we were done, Sulli and I walked in the revolving doors of the hotel and got settled in one of the hotel's suites. 

"Are you ready for tomorrow night?" Sulli asked while we were both lounging at the suite's living room.

A smile crept on me. "More ready than I've ever been."