Chapter 4 - Spoon and Chopstick

Ever After

It was a busy day at the office, untouched cases were everywhere and I still have to settle 4 merger cases. I groaned in frustration.

"I think you should rest." Sulli said, as her head peered inside my office.

"I don't think I can. I have so much work to do." I replied. "I don't think I'll be able to go to the reunion after all."

Sulli shook her head. "Song Qian, you are not getting out of this using work as an excuse."

"But Ssul! Look!" I gestured to the stack of papers in front of me. "I have tons to do." And as if the world is mocking me, Krystal arrived with atleast 6 folders in her hand.

"Ms. Song. Here are 6 pro bono cases that you should help settle in court."

I exhaled. "See that, Ssul! I can't afford to be gone for a week!"

"Yes you can, because you're going to give the pro bono cases to Seohyun." Sulli said.

"Seohyun is a newbie she's not even a licensed lawyer yet." I said to her.

"She's not yet licensed? What do you mean?" Sulli asked.

"Have you forgotten? Her father is friends with Papa. They want me to train her." I said.

"I can't believe she's not a lawyer, even your assistant, Krystal is a licensed lawyer!" Sulli exclaimed, I laughed at her.

"You better keep your mouth shut though, no one knows that she  hasn't taken her exams yet." I said, Sulli nodded.

"Anyway, about the reunion, I'm still not sure if I can go." I said.

"You're going and that's final!" She said then stormed out of my office. I sighed.

I pressed the intercom and called three of my executives. Zhou Mi, Henry and Tiffany entered my office.

"Zhou Mi, can you handle the Kim trial separation case?" I asked him. Zhou Mi nodded.

"Good, then I'm also giving you Mrs. Chan's custody case." I said, then handed the folders to Zhou Mi.

"Henry, take the Merger cases of Jang International Corps and Ling Enterprises. Take 2 pro bono cases as well." I said then handed Henry the files. "Oh I almost forgot, tell Sunny that I'm going to work overtime since I heard you guys are going to eat dinner at our house." I smiled at him. Henry is my executive and also my sister's boyfriend. Henry blushed then nodded while Zhou Mi and Tiffany laughed.

"Tiffany, take 3 pro bono cases and the murder trial of Mr. Sang." I said, she nodded. "Oh and can you give one pro bono case to Seohyun? And make sure she knows how to deal with them, she's new after all." I smiled at her. Tiffany sighed but quickly grabbed the stack of folders and headed out with Zhou Mi and Henry.

Just then, I called Krystal to come in my office.

"Krystal, can you order lunch for me? I'm really sorry for asking you this but I have my hands full." I said to her.

"It's fine ma'am." She said then quickly went out. After a few minutes, Krystal came in with my lunch. 

"Thanks, Krystal." I said. She smiled then walked out.

When I looked at my lunch, I noticed that Krystal forgot my spoon and chopsticks. I was about to call Krystal when my mind suddenly dozed off and remembered the past.

 

It was lunch time. I was at the cafeteria with Sulli and Amber and a few more people from class. Lee Donghae, Nickhun Horvejkul and Cho Kyuhyun were also with us.

We found a decent seat at the cafeteria and we all settled in.

"Qian, let's go buy food!" Sulii said to me. I placed by bag on a seat and got dragged by Sulli at one of the food stalls. After buying, I noticed that there was a gray backpack beside my black one. I shrugged and sat on my seat. After a few minutes, I noticed someone sit beside me. I turned around to see Cho Kyuhyun. I did not pay any attentipn to him because I was still weirded out by the way he had acted towards me when he introduced himself in class. 

Amber came later on with our spoon and forks since she volunteered to get them from the utensil rack. We were passing the utensils to the others when I noticed that Kyuhyun still doesn't have any, and I saw that Sulli mistakenly gave me two sets of spoon and chopsticks.

"Oh. I don't have one yet." Kyuhyun said to us.

I hesitated for a minute before getting a hold of the spoon and chopsticks and giving it to Kyuhyun.

"Here, you can have this. I had an extra." I said to him. I could feel all eyes on us. The other boys, Donghae and Nichkhun teased Kyuhyun endlessly.

"Yah, Kyuhyun-ssi. I'm betting you're going to put that on a picture frame!" Donghae shouted.

"Kyuhyun-ah, remember to return that to the utensil rack! Don't take it home just 'cause Qian-ssi held it before you!" Taemin teased.

"Yah. Shut up!" Kyuhyun snapped. Everyone laughed except me. I looked over at Sulli, confusion was on my face.

"Why are they teasing him?" I asked.

Sulli shook her head then grinned at me.

"Oh Qian, you are so dense when it comes to these things." She grinned, leaving me confused.

 

A knock from Krystal disrupted my flashback, me back to the present.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry. I forgot to give you your spoon and chopsticks." Krystal came forward, handing the utensils to me.

"Thanks." I said then she immediately went out.

I shook my head at the memory and sighed.

 

I'm having tons of flashbacks nowadays. I wonder why...