Chapter Two: You Are Special

An Angel's Duty

Kyuhyun continued to silently stare at Sungmin long after the angel finished speaking. He was completely entranced by Sungmin’s wings for some odd reason. He unconsciously reached out his hand to one of the wings.

 

As soon as Sungmin saw Kyuhyun’s hand approaching his wing, he was startled and quickly jumped back a bit. He then closed his eyes for a moment and focused on making his wings disappear.

When Sungmin’s eyes reopened, his wings were no longer visible. He then said in a playful mocking voice, “Tsk tsk Kyuhyun. You should know better than to touch an angel’s wings.”

 

Upon seeing Sungmin’s wings disappear and hearing those words, Kyuhyun snapped back to reality. He finally could focus on the situation at hand. It only just hit him that this angel knew his name and he wanted to know why.

 

“Okay, how do you know my name? I don’t even know you!” Kyuhyun said in a demanding tone.

 

“Sheesh, getting edgy now, aren’t we?” Sungmin said as he shook his head disapprovingly. “I expected a warmer welcome considering I just saved your life.”

 

“Well, sorry to burst your bubble. That isn’t going to happen. Sure, I’m grateful that you saved me but that doesn’t mean I’m going to treat you like a god.” Kyuhyun scoffed. “Now, how do you know me?”

 

Sungmin avoided eye contact as he said quietly, “Sorry but I can’t tell you that… All I can tell you is that I’ve been waiting a long time to meet someone like you Kyuhyun.”

 

“What do you mean someone like me? What makes me, a mere human, so special to you? Does it have something to do with what Heechul said earlier?” Kyuhyun’s head started to hurt even more just thinking about everything that was being said.

 

“Kyuhyun, I really wish I could explain everything to you. But that’s something you will have to figure out on your own. Just know that you are very special. You are more than you realize. You’ll understand someday…”

 

“You aren’t much of a help, you know that?” Kyuhyun said in a frustrated tone. His head still hurt and Sungmin wasn’t making it any better. In fact, Sungmin was just making him angry because he was not in the mood to deal with such vague answers.

 

“Sorry about that.” Sungmin said apologetically as he looked at Kyuhyun. He then sensed that Kyuhyun was starting to feel intense pain again. He could see the pain growing in his aura. “Kyuhyun, I can tell you are still in pain. Would you mind if I tried something?”

 

Kyuhyun eyed Sungmin warily but he slowly nodded. Something about Sungmin made him feel at ease and he felt like he could trust him, despite only just meeting him.

 

 Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a warm smile and then gently took one of his hands in his own. He gingerly held Kyuhyun’s hand with both of his own and closed his eyes. He then began to focus his energy on using his healing ability.

 

Kyuhyun watched as Sungmin closed his eyes. Seconds later, he was suddenly overtaken by a feeling of warmth. The warmth was coming from the angel in front of him and it seemed to be melting away the pain in his mind. Then, as suddenly as the warmth had hit him, it disappeared. Most of the pain disappeared with it and Kyuhyun was only left with a dull ache in the back of his mind.

 

“Thank you Sungmin.” Kyuhyun whispered as the angel opened his eyes and let go of his hand.

 

“You don’t need to thank me Kyuhyun. It’s my fault you were in such pain in the first place. If I had arrived sooner, none of this would have happened…” Sungmin said sadly.

 

“Why are you taking the blame for what Heechul did? You’re so weird.” Kyuhyun said bluntly and gave Sungmin a faint smile. “I really do need to thank you though. Do you have a place to spend the night?”

 

After thinking about it for a moment, Sungmin shook his head. Honestly, he really did have a place to spend the night. But he didn’t want to leave Kyuhyun on his own. After all, there was no telling if Heechul would come back to hurt him even more. He figured it was better if he was around to protect Kyuhyun from any more harm.

 

“Come on then, let’s go to my house. You can spend the night there since my parents are never home anyway. That’s how I’ll repay you. I don’t owe you anything anymore, got it?” Kyuhyun said as he started to walk.

 

“That’s fine. I didn’t expect you to repay me anyway. But thank you.” Sungmin said as he followed Kyuhyun home.

 

The rest of the walk home was silent. Kyuhyun was lost in thought about everything that had just happened. He wanted answers but no one seemed to be willing to give them to him…

 

Meanwhile, Sungmin was lost in thought about Kyuhyun. Despite his cold exterior, Kyuhyun had a good heart and Sungmin wanted to protect that.

 

When they finally reached Kyuhyun’s house, Sungmin looked around in awe. Kyuhyun lived in a spacious home that was lavishly furnished. It was clear that he was well off and had rich parents. He didn’t have much time to look around because Kyuhyun interrupted him by saying loudly, “Follow me to your room.”

 

Sungmin nodded and followed obediently. When they reached the guest room, Sungmin looked around. This room was so cozy and it made him feel right at home. He looked at Kyuhyun with a sincere smile and said, “Thank you Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun just nodded and muttered, “Good night.” He then closed the door behind him and quickly headed to his own bedroom. His head had begun to hurt a bit again and he was glad Sungmin didn’t notice yet.

 

As soon as he reached his bedroom, he closed the door behind him and lay down on his large bed. He slowly lifted one of his hands and covered his eyes. His head hurt again and he couldn’t understand why. Sungmin had healed him earlier so shouldn’t he be feeling fine?

 

After a few minutes, Kyuhyun sighed as he his side and closed his eyes. He eventually willed himself to fall asleep, despite the throbbing pain in his head.

 

In the middle of the night, Kyuhyun slowly got out of his bed. He left his room and quietly opened the door to the guest bedroom that Sungmin was asleep in. He crept over to the bed and looked over the blissfully unaware sleeping angel.

 

Kyuhyun then lifted his hand up and a dagger made of darkness slowly began to materialize in his hand. He slowly placed it right over Sungmin’s heart…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So I wrote this chapter when I was half asleep in the middle of the night. And the plot twist at the end just hit me. Haha, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out despite me being delirious. Please comment if you liked what you read. Comments really help me stay motivated to keep writing. Thanks!