Chapter Seven: Finding the Water Crest

An Angel's Duty

Donghae was worried as he watched over Sungmin and Kyuhyun. They both hadn’t woken up in over three days. He was beginning to worry that they would never wake up at all.

 

However, he saw Sungmin slowly stirring out of the corner of his eye. He watched anxiously as he saw Sungmin’s eyes slowly open.

 

“Min, are you okay?” Donghae asked as he moved next to his friend and looked at him with concern.

 

“Hae… What happened?” Min whispered in a confused tone. His head was spinning and the last thing that he remembered was saving Kyuhyun from Heechul.

 

“It’s a long story… Do you remember being hurt by Kyuhyun?” Donghae said as he gently picked up Sungmin’s hand and held it comfortingly.

 

Sungmin was shocked to hear those words at first. Why wouldn’t he remember something traumatic like that? As he racked his brain, memories of that event suddenly flooded his mind and a few tears began to fall as he recollected the pain he went through.

 

Donghae wiped away Sungmin’s tears and said, “Please stop crying Minnie… You’re okay now, right?”

 

Sungmin just nodded slightly and took a few deep breaths. He slowly stopped the tears from falling and calmed himself down. He then asked, “Hae, so I take it that Kyuhyun finally awoke?”

 

Donghae nodded and said, “Yeah, Kyuhyun did and he turned out to be the water knight we’ve been waiting for. You are so lucky to have the legendary water knight by your side Min!”

 

Sungmin looked at Donghae and mumbled, “I don’t know Hae… We only just started the process so he isn’t really my knight yet. Besides, his heart almost consumed mine whole while I was asleep. Maybe all he wants is my power…”

 

As Donghae heard those words of self-doubt and lack of trust, he slapped Sungmin on the cheek. “Don’t you ever say that Min! Kyuhyun wouldn’t purposely do that. He was the one who risked everything to bring you back.” he said firmly.

 

Sungmin held his cheek and looked away from Donghae. It was only then that he noticed Kyuhyun next to him. His eyes widened in concern as he looked over Kyuhyun. He looked very pale and weak. There were bandages wrapping his chest and his hand looked severely burned.

 

Sungmin’s heart melted at the sight and he knew that Donghae was right. “Kyu,” he whispered as he lifted his hand to touch Kyuhyun’s cheek, “you big idiot… Why didn’t you heal yourself first?”

 

Donghae answered for Kyuhyun and said, “He was worried about you Min. When he couldn’t feel your warmth in his heart, he knew that time was running out. Instead of using his remaining energy on himself, he brought you back. Ever since then, he hasn’t woken up… His wounds haven’t healed and no matter what ability I use, it doesn’t help.”

 

Sungmin looked at his knight sadly and slowly leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. As he pulled away, he whispered, “I’ll find a cure Kyuhyun. Don’t worry. You’ll be fine soon.”

 

Just as Sungmin was about to stand up, Kyuhyun began to stir. His eyes fluttered open and he looked around groggily.

 

Sungmin turned around just in time to see Kyuhyun waking up. “Kyu,” he said, “Are you okay?”

Kyuhyun turned to the source of the voice and couldn’t believe what he saw. “Min… Is that really you?” he whispered hoarsely.

 

“Yes Kyu. I’m here.” Sungmin said as he Kyuhyun’s cheek gently.

 

“So it really worked… I guess I’m not worthless after all, huh?” Kyu said with a slight smile.

 

Sungmin just smiled back at Kyuhyun and then hugged him gingerly. “Thank you Kyuhyun.” he said gratefully.

 

Kyuhyun blushed a bit at the contact, not used to hugging anyone. As his heart raced, he slowly lifted his arms to wrap around Sungmin as well. He just nodded in response to Sungmin’s words because he felt like his tongue was tied.

 

After a few minutes, Sungmin pulled away and said, “Kyuhyun, I’ll be back later okay? I need to find the water crest for you…”

 

“Water crest?” Kyuhyun asked in a confused tone.

 

“Yes, each knight has their own elemental crest. Yours is water of course. These crests fuse with a knight of the correct element and increase your power. You definitely need one to heal Kyuhyun. I mean, just look at your condition!” Sungmin said as he looked at Kyuhyun with sad eyes. “You really are stubborn, you know that? You should have healed yourself first!”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and said, “I wouldn’t endanger you Min. I owed it to you to bring you back first.”

 

Sungmin smiled at Kyuhyun gratefully and said, “Well, I’ll be back later, okay? Donghae and Hyukjae will watch over you till I return.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded and watched as Sungmin walked out the door. He then slowly closed his eyes and fell back into unconsciousness. He felt so tired and weak still.

 

Sungmin followed his instincts that told him to head west. He sensed a strong water presence in that area and had a feeling that it was the water crest. He smiled as he walked because he knew that Kyuhyun was okay. They really had begun to bond if he could sense the water crest and that made him happy. He was happy that Kyuhyun trusted him so much.

 

As Sungmin approached a lake on the outskirts of town, he noticed a glimmer at the bottom. He jumped into the lake and swam down to get it.

 

When he reached the surface of the water again, he looked at the crest in his hand. It was shaped like a tear and glowed. He smiled as he looked at the crest and slowly got out the lake.

 

“That was easier than I thought it’d be…” Sungmin said happily to himself. He was so happy that he found it so quickly because he thought it would be a lot more difficult…

 

He quickly rushed home to Kyuhyun because he knew that Kyuhyun needed it as soon as possible. In his rush of excitement, Sungmin didn’t notice the dark presence watching him.

 

Heechul was watching Sungmin with a smirk. Little did Sungmin know that he had fallen for the dark angel’s trap…

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Double update today! I hope you like it! I shall do my best to write more soon! Sorry if the pacing of my story is quite fast. I know I need to work on that. XD