Chapter Three: The First Farewell

An Angel's Duty

As Kyuhyun placed the dagger over Sungmin’s heart, something in him finally began to fight the force that was causing him to do this. His hand began to shake and he willed it not to move any further.

 

‘Kill him now Kyuhyun.’ a familiar voice within his mind commanded.

 

Kyuhyun slowly shook his head and a faint groan escaped his lips. He wouldn’t allow this to go any further.

 

Upon hearing the groan, Sungmin slowly opened his eyes. He looked up and saw Kyuhyun standing over him.

 

“Kyu? What are you doing here?” Sungmin whispered sleepily as he blinked rapidly, trying to clear his cloudy vision.

 

When Kyuhyun didn’t answer or move, Sungmin began to look around. It was only then that he noticed Kyuhyun was holding a dagger of darkness over his heart. His eyes widened and his breath began to speed up out of nervousness. He tried to take Kyuhyun’s hand away from him but he found he couldn’t move a single muscle.

 

Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun again, unable to comprehend why he was doing something like this. As soon as he got a good look at Kyuhyun’s eyes, he understood why. Kyuhyun’s eyes were blurred over and not clear like they usually were. Sungmin knew that Kyuhyun was being controlled and he knew exactly who was behind this.

 

“Heechul…” Sungmin growled. Heechul was the only one Kyuhyun had come in contact with that had this kind of power.

 

As soon as Sungmin said that name, Kyuhyun knew why the voice within his mind sounded so familiar. It was Heechul that was controlling him and causing him to attack Sungmin. He struggled to fight off the force within his mind even more but he was getting nowhere. He wasn’t powerful enough to completely shake off Heechul’s grasp on his mind. It took all his strength just to hold off Heechul as he was doing now.

 

‘You leave me no choice…’ Heechul’s voice in Kyuhyun’s mind said threateningly.

 

Suddenly, the force within his mind overtook Kyuhyun completely. It overpowered him and he couldn’t fight against it any longer. He forced himself to choke out a whisper that said, “I’m so sorry…Sungmin…”

 

Sungmin just looked at Kyuhyun with sad eyes. He couldn’t blame Kyuhyun for what was happening. After all, Kyuhyun still hadn’t awakened and he was as defenseless as a human. Sungmin was actually amazed that Kyuhyun had the strength to fight against Heechul’s mind control at all. He slowly willed himself to nod and gave Kyuhyun a weak smile, bracing himself for what he knew was coming.

 

Kyuhyun then felt his hand plunge the dagger into Sungmin’s heart. As soon as the dagger pierced Sungmin, it vanished into thin air and Kyuhyun felt the force within his mind suddenly disappear. He then heard Sungmin scream out in pain. Sungmin’s scream could be heard through the entire house.

 

Kyuhyun fell onto his knees and tears began to fall from his eyes. He grasped one of Sungmin’s hands in his own and muttered, “I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” He kept repeating those three words over and over again as he looked at the ground. He couldn’t even bear to look Sungmin in the eye.

 

Sungmin weakly looked at Kyuhyun as he willed his free hand to Kyuhyun’s cheek softly. “It’s okay Kyuhyun… I’ll be fine…” Sungmin whispered faintly. He then placed his hand under Kyuhyun’s chin and forced him to look at his face.

 

Kyuhyun tried to avoid eye contact at first but he eventually caved in to curiosity. He fully expected to see a look of hate within Sungmin’s eyes. However, what he saw in the light angel’s eyes was the exact opposite. Sungmin’s eyes were filled with compassion and forgiveness.

 

“How can you forgive me just like that…?” Kyuhyun whispered hoarsely.

 

“Because…it wasn’t even your fault Kyuhyun. Remember how you told me I was silly when I took the blame for what Heechul did? Well, you are doing the same thing now silly…” Sungmin whispered. He then winced in pain and knew that time was running out.

 

As soon as Sungmin winced, Kyuhyun knew that he had to do something. He quickly turned his head to look at Sungmin’s wound. Strangely, there was no blood staining his shirt but Kyuhyun knew that was probably because he used a dagger made of darkness, not a normal one. He began to panic because he didn’t know how to help Sungmin.

 

“What can I do to help?!?” Kyuhyun asked frantically as he looked into Sungmin’s eyes desperately once more.

 

“Find someone named Hyukjae… He’ll help you awaken Kyu. Then you can undo what just happened…” Sungmin whispered weakly. He then winced in pain again and weakly held his free hand over his heart. His eyes then slowly began to close.

 

Tears began to fall from Kyuhyun’s eyes again. He couldn’t believe what was happening. Sungmin couldn’t leave him behind. He just couldn’t! He desperately held the light angel’s hand and whispered, “Don’t leave me, please…”

 

Sungmin weakly lifted his hand to Kyuhyun’s cheek again and gave him a sincere smile. “It’ll only be for a little while Kyu. I believe in you, my knight...” he whispered comfortingly. His eyes then completely closed and his hand went limp. His body then began to disappear, slowly forming a small orb of light.

 

Kyuhyun desperately clung to Sungmin’s hand until he completely disappeared. He then stared with tear-filled eyes as the orb of light slowly entered his own heart. He was overtaken by a feeling of warmth and somehow, he felt Sungmin’s presence within him. He knew that Sungmin wasn’t truly gone but he didn’t know how to bring him back.

 

As Kyuhyun slowly stood up again, he vowed within his mind that he would do whatever it took to see the warm smile of the light angel again. He would bring him back and when he did, he wouldn’t let anyone harm him ever again.

 

He then headed to his bedroom and began to pack a bag with all of his necessities. He was going to find this Hyukjae person, whoever he was. It couldn’t be too difficult, right?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Yay for a double update! Haha, I just couldn't stop writing after that cliffhanger last chapter. Another update should hopefully be coming soon. I'm just so motivated to write this story, you have no idea. XD