Chapter Sixteen: Setting the Trap

An Angel's Duty

Kyuhyun woke up a few hours later and rubbed the spot where he was hit on the head. “Ouch…” he grumbled.

 

He then looked around and when he didn’t see Sungmin, he began to worry. He quickly jumped out of bed and ran downstairs.

 

When he bumped into Sungmin in the kitchen, he sighed in relief. His angel was still safe after all.

 

“Min, you’re okay.” Kyuhyun said as he panted, trying to catch his breath from running around frantically.

 

“Of course I’m okay. Why would you ask?” Sungmin said calmly as he gave Kyuhyun an odd stare. “You fell asleep upstairs so I let you get your rest while I came down to help Hae make dinner.”

 

Kyuhyun stared back at Sungmin and gave him a weird look. That wasn’t what he recalled. “But… Didn’t someone knock me out of consciousness?” Kyuhyun asked dumbfoundedly.

 

“What are you talking about Kyu? I think maybe I hit your head too hard for your jokes earlier.” Sungmin teased.

 

Kyuhyun just nodded and mumbled, “Maybe you’re right Min.”

 

“Of course I’m always right!” Sungmin said as he stuck out his tongue at Kyuhyun playfully.

 

Kyuhyun then left the kitchen, wondering why his memories didn’t match up to what Sungmin claimed. Why would Sungmin lie to him? Something inside him just gave him the feeling that something wasn’t right. He couldn’t place his finger on it though…

 

After a while of moping around, Kyuhyun finally sat down with the others for dinner. He completely ignored everyone, lost in his thoughts. He even ignored Sungmin, feeling suspicious toward him.

 

“Sheesh, here I thought Kyuhyun would be all over Sungmin now that they’ve bonded.” Hyukjae stated loudly as he looked at the awkward pair.

 

Donghae nudged his elbow into Hyukjae’s shoulder roughly, warning him to be quiet. He could sense the awkward tension in the air and Hyukjae was only making it worse.

 

After he finished eating, Kyuhyun stood up and said, “Thank you for the dinner.”

 

Just as he was about to excuse himself from the table and leave, Sungmin grabbed his wrist and whined, “Kyu…”

 

Kyuhyun turned to look at Sungmin and began to blush. Sungmin looked so adorable with his aegyo face and he couldn’t ignore him anymore. He sat down again, admitting defeat with a sigh.

 

Sungmin smiled at this action and leaned against Kyuhyun. Inside, he was feeling disgusted with himself for acting so…pure. However, he knew that he had to keep this facade up or else his cover would be blown.

 

“So guys, I was thinking... Tonight is supposed to be a nice night with the full moon shining. Don’t you guys think it would be nice to go outside and spend some time together now that we have our entire family here?” Sungmin asked with a smile.

 

“Sure! That sounds like a lot of fun Min!” Donghae said with an enthusiastic smile.

 

Hyukjae sighed but nodded. He didn’t really want to go but if Hae was going, he would follow him.

 

Yesung was about to say that he would prefer to stay home but Ryeowook looked at him with those puppy eyes. Ryeowook really wanted to go outside and feel the cool wind blowing. It made him feel at ease since it was his element.

 

Yesung sighed and caved in to his knight’s plea. “We’ll go too.” he said with a smile.

 

“Then it’s a plan!” Sungmin said with a smile. “We’ll go later tonight when the moon rises.”

 

He then stood up and helped clean the table with everyone else.

 

Sungmin then walked to his room and lay on the bed with his hand over his eyes. He began to think about the plan for tonight but was interrupted by Kyuhyun opening the door.

 

“Kyu.” Sungmin said, forcing a smile onto his face as he sat up. He was annoyed inside by the intrusion but he hoped it didn’t show on his face.

 

Kyuhyun saw the forced smile on Sungmin’s face and knew it looked totally unnatural. He sat next to Sungmin and held his hand gently. “Min… Tell me what’s wrong. You’ve been acting weird ever since you woke up this afternoon.”

 

Sungmin began to panic in his mind and knew he had to come up with something to say. “I…just haven’t been feeling well.” he lied.

 

“Then maybe going out tonight isn’t such a good idea.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

“No… I’ll be fine. I think some fresh air will do me some good.” Sungmin said with the most sincere smile he could muster.

 

“If you say so Min…” Kyuhyun said. “But not feeling well doesn’t explain why you lied to me. I know I didn’t just fall asleep this afternoon. Something happened. You don’t need to hide things from me. I just want to know what happened.”

 

Sungmin cursed in his mind, knowing that Kyuhyun was very bright and hard to deceive. He couldn’t come up with a good excuse so he knew he had to take matters into his own hands.

 

He pressed a finger to Kyuhyun’s lips and shushed him. He then leaned up and locked their lips in a kiss. His plan was to break down Kyuhyun’s mental shield and take over his mind. At first, he was disgusted with himself for kissing Kyuhyun but that disgust quickly faded away as Kyuhyun returned the kiss. As the kiss intensified, his mind blanked out and he totally forgot about his plan.

 

When they finally pulled away from each other, Sungmin finally realized what just happened. He had kissed a knight and he…really enjoyed it. Were the feelings he developed for Kyuhyun real?

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Wow! I can't believe how many comments I got on my last chapter. You guys make me so happy to be an author! Thank you for your interest~ ^_^

 

LOL, I know I'm pretty random with my plot ideas so I'm glad to hear that people are enjoying my craziness! XD