Chapter Twelve: Heechul's Plan

An Angel's Duty

Once Sungmin heard Heechul’s voice, he glared at him. He shakily stood up and attempted to put up a tough front. However, it was very obvious to anyone that looked at him that Sungmin was tired and the heartbroken look still shone in his eyes.

 

Heechul smirked and lifted his finger, causing Sungmin pain.

 

Sungmin put up a shield as soon as he saw Heechul move. However, his shield didn’t last long due to his fatigue. As the pain hit him, he fell onto his knees and held his head in pain. Soon after, he then felt someone kick him aside and he lay on the ground helplessly.

 

Heechul growled, “What a worthless angel… I can’t believe you almost got the water knight to bond with you. I should just get rid of you now. Then no one can stop me from claiming Kyuhyun as mine.”

 

Sungmin felt tears escape his eyes at the mere mention of Kyuhyun’s name. He truly couldn’t stand the thought of his beloved knight bonding with such a horrid angel.

 

Heechul scoffed at Sungmin’s tears and turned to Kangin and Leeteuk. “Kill him.” he ordered.

 

Leeteuk nodded and grabbed Sungmin. He pinned him against the tree using icicles to hold him in place.

 

Sungmin struggled to break free but it was pointless. He was no match against an angel-knight pair, especially in his weakened state.

 

Kangin then summoned his ice sword and slashed Sungmin on the arm. He screamed out in pain and blood fell from his wound, staining the leaf-covered ground below him.

 

Heechul just laughed and smirked as he watched. He wanted Sungmin to suffer and die a painful death. After all these years of Sungmin interfering with his plans, he would finally get his revenge. And with Sungmin gone, there would be no one to stop him from bonding with Kyuhyun and gaining the powers of the water knight.

 

~~~~~~~

 

At Heechul’s home, Kyuhyun suddenly awoke and jumped up. Something just wasn’t right. He could feel an uneasy and urgent feeling deep in his heart.

 

“Chul…” he mumbled, thinking that his angel was in danger.

 

He then ran out of the house and ran in the direction that he felt his heart taking him in. He would save his angel, no matter what the cost.

 

~~~~~~

 

Kangin and Leeteuk both continued to attack Sungmin, causing many bloody wounds to appear all over his body.

 

Sungmin was becoming numb to the pain and was no longer screaming. He knew that if something didn’t happen soon, he would die from blood loss.

 

“Kyu…” Sungmin mumbled weakly, unable to think of anything else at the moment.

 

Heechul then lifted his hand and ordered, “Stop.”

 

Kangin and Leeteuk nodded and stepped aside as they stopped their attack on the light angel.

 

Heechul lifted Sungmin’s face to look at his own and slapped him on the cheek.

 

“Don’t you get it yet? Kyuhyun is no longer yours.” Heechul growled. “The water knight is mine.”

 

Sungmin looked at Heechul and spat on his face. “Since when did you care about him?!?” he said defiantly.

 

Heechul then lost his temper and snarled, “That’s it. I’m destroying this pretty face of yours.” He then summoned a dagger of darkness in his hand and slashed Sungmin’s cheek with it.

 

He then wiped his face clean and said smugly, “Before you die, I’ll cause you even more pain. Want to know a secret?”

Sungmin glared at Heechul as he said, “You can’t cause me any more pain. You’ve already taken everything away from me!”

 

Heechul smirked and said proudly, “On the other hand my dear Sungmin, I think I can. My secret is that I’m not bonding with Kyuhyun for the typical angel-knight relationship… Once I bond with Kyuhyun, I plan to absorb all of his powers. Then, I will kill him for being so useless.”

 

Sungmin absolutely lost it when Heechul revealed his plans. No one would hurt his Kyuhyun and get away with it. He struggled to break free as tears of frustration fell. “Don’t you dare!!!” he screamed.

 

Heechul laughed as he watched Sungmin’s pathetic attempt to escape. He summoned his sword of darkness and said smugly, “Goodbye Sungmin. Your knight will join you soon.”

 

He then lunged forward with his sword, ready to stab Sungmin right through the heart.

 

Sungmin closed his eyes as he braced himself for the attack. However, when he wasn’t hurt, he opened his eyes and the scene before him shocked him.

 

Kyuhyun had interfered with the attack and Heechul’s sword had stabbed him instead. He looked into Sungmin’s eyes and whispered, “I’m so sorry Min…”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'd like to take this time to thank allof my lovely readers! I really appreciate all of you subscribing and reading my story. I hope that I do not disappoint and that you stick around till the end (which I honestly don't know how it will end or when).


Thank you to all the readers that commented as well! Comments really keep me going and motivated to write. I can't thank you enough for taking time to comment on my story! @Andagi @fanficfan499 @chiaraa @FadingEchos @fairytael

 

Shout out to @fairytael for constantly commenting on all my latest chapters! Seeing your comments really keeps me motivated to keep writing. Thank you so much! /hugs :D