Chapter Thirteen: Together At Last

An Angel's Duty

Kyuhyun then fell to the ground as the sword disappeared and he held his wound in pain.

 

Heechul stared at the scene before him with indifference. He looked at Kyuhyun and growled, “How long have you been listening?”

 

Kyuhyun glared up at Heechul and growled weakly, “Long enough to hear your plans for me. I’m not your pawn, you stupid dark angel!”

 

Sungmin frantically continued to struggle to break free from Leeteuk’s icicles. Suddenly, he felt them melt away and looked up to see Hyukjae and Donghae.

 

Heechul quickly spun around and ordered, “Kangin, Leeteuk. Take them down!”

 

However, Kangin and Leeteuk were already busy attacking Yesung and Ryeowook.

 

“Sorry boss, we’re kind of busy ourselves!” Kangin shouted as he continued to clash his ice sword against Yesung’s wind shield.

 

Heechul knew that they were completely outmatched now. He couldn’t take down Donghae and Hyukjae on his own… He hated to run away yet again but he had no other choice.

 

He quickly ran away and disappeared into the distance. Kangin and Leeteuk followed him quickly, not wanting to be left behind.

 

Sungmin crawled next to Kyuhyun and focused whatever strength he had left into his healing ability. He tried to heal Kyuhyun’s wound but it had absolutely no effect.

 

Kyuhyun smiled weakly at Sungmin and summoned healing water to cover Sungmin’s wounds. “I’m so sorry Min…” he murmured faintly.

 

Sungmin shook his head and his tears began to hit Kyuhyun’s face. “Stop healing me you idiot. Save your strength.” he cried.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and wiped away Sungmin’s tears. He then ran his hand gently over Sungmin’s cheek and healed the wound that covered it. “There, now your face is perfect again.” he whispered with a weak smile as his eyes began to close. He felt his strength slipping away and knew time was almost up.

 

Sungmin shook his head and more tears began to fall. He couldn’t bear to watch Kyuhyun die like this. “Don’t leave me…” he wailed as he lay his head on Kyuhyun’s chest.

 

“I love you Min.” Kyuhyun whispered with a sincere smile as he put his hand on Sungmin’s head.

 

Sungmin blushed deeply at those words and cried, “Now you tell me, you big idiot?!?”

 

“Sorry, I’ve never been good with words. You know that Min…” Kyuhyun mumbled weakly.

 

Sungmin then lifted his head up and gently pressed his lips to Kyuhyun’s. He wanted to show his knight that he loved him as well.

 

Kyuhyun blushed at the contact and slowly locked his lips with Sungmin. He began to return the kiss lovingly. If he was going to die, at least he would die with the one he loved.

 

After a few moments, they pulled away from each other with red cheeks visible on both of their faces. They were both embarrassed because for both of them, that was their first kiss.

 

 Suddenly, they were both surrounded by a faint blue aura. Kyuhyun felt his wound healing and Sungmin stared in wonder.

 

After the light disappeared, both Kyuhyun and Sungmin lost consciousness and lay next to each other. Their wounds were gone and they looked so peaceful.

 

Donghae smiled at the sight, knowing that they were now bonded. No one could ever separate the pair again. He was so happy for his best friend.

 

He then picked up Sungmin while Yesung picked up Kyuhyun. They returned to Kyuhyun’s home once more. The whole group was happy that their family was now complete. Every light angel finally had their beloved knight by their side…

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Finally, a happy ending to a chapter! Anyway, I finally planned out the rest of the story and there will be a handful of chapters left before the end. I hope you look forward to it. Thank you so much for reading! All your comments on the last chapter made my day honestly! :)