09.

Perfection.

09


Time flew past in the blink of an eye and its down to two weeks before SM Dance Academy's open showcase. Part of the junior trainees were excited as hell, part of them nervous; Sehun belonged to both. He was excited mainly because he'd missed performing on stage, but at the same time, the perfectionist in him was weighing him down with a ton of worries. He was afraid that he would miss a step. Even if he didn't forget his steps, he wasn't good enough. He was afraid that his moves were not polished enough, that he wouldn't shine on stage. He was afraid that he couldn't be as perfect as one person - Jung Yunho. 
 
"Oh Sehun," Baekhyun's semi-sharp cracked voice snapped him out of his deep thoughts. A set of costumes dangled in his face. "Are you sure you've gotten the right set? Yours look too huge for you and these are too tiny to be mine." Glancing down at the set of costumes he'd put on, Sehun replied calmly, "These are mine."

"That can't be, cause these can't be mine." Baekhyun retorted, pushing the costumes into Sehun's chest. The latter simply took over the spare set, changed out, and handed the other one to Baekhyun. 
 
"Sehun ah, why does your costume look so oversized on you? Did you get the wrong set? Turn around let me ch-"
 
"Yah! Oh Sehun!" Baekhyun's shrieked, rushing out of the cubicle fuming, with a half-zipped costume, bumping into Chanyeol (much to his silent delight). "Why didn't you tell me that this set's even smaller?!" 

Chanyeol tugged the costume tag free from the mess of fabric on Baekhyun and squinted. "Baekhyun-ssi, this is Sehun's costume."
 
"Oh really?" Baekhyun stopped bothering about the unfitting costume, swatted Chanyeol's hand away from the tag (and held on to his hand after), and shot a look of discontent at Sehun. "Why didn't you tell me that this was yours?" 
 
The heck. "Well, I did tell you."
 
"Such a waste of my time." Baekhyun's eye rolled, obvious enough for everyone else to see. "Get out of my costume and get this away from me." 
 
"Baekhyun-ssi..." Chanyeol cut himself off before he even started proper. Sehun placed a hand on his forearm, shaking his head slightly. "It's okay."
 
"Oh my heavenly goodness. Sehun ah, come over here." Kyungsoo motioned to the younger boy, staring at him in disbelief. Pulling at the loose parts, he made mental measurements and shook his head. "This is way too bad. But it was tailored based on the previous two costumes, it couldn't have gone wrong." Sehun kept silent as Kyungsoo blabbered on and on about the oversized costume. "Did you lose weight or what, this is simply ridiculous." Sehun looked at him sharply. "What? Change out, I'll go get these back for alterations." 
 
--
 
"Oh Sehun, that's my spot you're standing on. Move over." 
 
--
 
"Where's the bottle of water I'd left here?" 
 
"Oh, I gave it to Sehun."
 
"That was mine." 
 
"But you gave it to me!" 
 
"Can't I want it back now?"
 
--
 
"Did I not say I needed the bathroom first?" 
 
"Oh. I didn't hear."

"Move it, I'm late."
 
-- 
 
Despite source of tension being a mystery, it was difficult for anyone to say anything about it. 
 
It worsened with each fault Baekhyun picked on Sehun with, each getting more unreasonable than the last. 
 
"Hyung, can we talk?" 

 


YAY UPDATED. A short one haha. 

For the sake of my subbies and upvoters and comment-ers(?) hehe

EXO IS READY TO BE BACK I CAN'T WITH THEIR HAIRS SOBS. 

Okay, leave me some feedbacks, upvotes etcetc while I spazz over their glorious hairs and think of the next chapter. 

Till then, xoxo!