08.

Perfection.

08


Yet another late night. Sehun let his feet drag along the dimly lit pavement until they found their way back to the dorm. Fishing out his keys, he unlocked the door as quietly as he could; he could not afford to get caught sneaking out. 
 
Yes, he had sneaked out yet again. His dorm-mates had forbidden him to practice past 10pm every night, lest he collapsed again. They even made it a point to stay up until he's fallen asleep. But that did not stop him. He would pretend to drift off to dreamland, wait for the lights to go out, listen for his dorm-mates' snores and whimpers before crawling out of bed and toward the studio again. 
 
This night was no different. Neither was it entirely the same. Someone had left the lights on at the kitchen counter. The soft click of the door's lock mechanism was accompanied by a soft snore from behind the counter. Shuffling across the parquet flooring, Sehun found himself standing, staring at someone all huddled up in the corner and fast asleep. 
 
This crazy nugu. 
 
Leaving him to sleep, Sehun dragged himself to the shower. A hot bath always helped his body relax, it's like his little therapy after a stressful or tiring day - which is bascally everyday. 
 
Ruffling his hair dry, he made his way back to the bedroom, stopping short at the door when a sudden realization struck him. If that crazy dude fell asleep at the kitchen, he knows for sure that Sehun'd sneaked out. And the only way to save his own was to do that crazy fella a kind favour in an attempt to keep his mouth sealed. Making a turn for the kitchen, Sehun found him already awake and fumbling with the microwave. 
 
"Urm.." 
 
Chanyeol nearly spilled the bowl of soup he was holding. Sehun watched as he placed the bowl on the counter and rubbed his fingers against his elf-like earlobes. "Drink this up while its still warm!" Sehun stared at him. He wore a smile, as usual, but behind that smile was a face so worn out his huge eyes were beginning to droop. 
 
"I have a favour."
 
"Hm?"
 
"Please don't let them know I'd sneaked out, they'll kill me. The showcase is coming up in a month I have to practice even harder. This is the only way I can."
 
"Finish this and go to sleep." 
 
"I'm not hungry."
 
"Finish it and I won't tell a soul."
 
"You-"
 
"All you had for dinner at 9pm was, let's see... two baby carrots, two half-spoonfuls of rice and a piece of chicken probably the size of 2cm by 2cm. It's now 4am, you'd been practicing for the past thr-" 
 
"Fine."
 
Chanyeol sat at the counter opposite Sehun and watched him finish the last drop before heading to bed. 
 
For the rest of the week, Sehun continued sneaking out and Chanyeol, without fail, would make sure that there was food waiting for him when he returned; which kind of irritated Sehun. He had put on weight and was on a strict diet for the upcoming open showcase and there he was, having to finish up a full portion of food just before going to bed. But having his secret with Chanyeol, he didn't have a choice. 

 


A short one written on the way to work! ^^ 

Thanks for all the subs, comments and upvotes! Really appreciate them alot <3 Do keep them coming~

Till then, xoxo!