04.

Perfection.

04


Dinner was a quiet affair, unlike usual. No one was entirely sure if it were because of the presence of a new dorm-mate, or because of Sehun's abnormal behaviour. Everyone sat around the table, minding their own space, for fear that they would incur the wrath of the Oh Sehun. 
 
Chanyeol sat from the corner furthest from Sehun, pretty much uncomfortable from the persistent stares from Byun Baekhyun. The latter kept his eyes on the new boy, taking in deep discreet breaths, inhaling the faint sweet tinge of deodorant. He smiled to himself a little too much he looked like a nutcase. His spoon fed himself emptiness, and the rice to the table. If there were a hole in the ground, Chanyeol would dive right in without a second thought. 
 
Across the table was Jong-in, staring pitifully as his best friend stab repeatedly at the piece of lemon chicken in his takeout box. He didn't look particularly mad at anyone. In fact, his face spelled T-I-R-E-D over and over again, and the lemon chicken definitely did not interest him (at least not as much as it interested Jong-in). 
 
Chanyeol heard his stomach growl for the fourth time and gulped. Clutching his tummy, he gave a sheepish grin and muttered sorry towards Sehun. 
 
Sehun looked up with tired eyes, and everyone else (with the exception of Baekhyun) were waiting for him to lash out at Chanyeol again but he didn't. He transferred the severely wounded remnants of the lemon chicken into Jong-in's plate (much to his delight) and rearranged the remaining food nicely before pushing the takeout box toward Chanyeol. 
 
"Take it. I'm not eating." With that, he left. 
 
That night, Sehun hardly slept. 
 
The dorm's bedroom was simply furnished. Three bunkbeds placed side by side on one side of the room, two writing tables and a hugs wardrobe on the other. Sehun and Jong-in had out talked the other three into letting them have the upper bunks all to themselves - at least until now. Despite being very much unwilling to give up the huge space, Sehun didn't have a choice. And that was exactly the reason why he's had a heavy weight plopping across his abdomen for the n-th time. He'd given up flipping Chanyeol's long arm away. He'a tried scooting over to Jong-in, but was afraid it would wake the latter, even though the chances were slim. Moreover, he knew that the tall idiot would throw that heavy limb of his all over himself again before he knew it. 
 
Baekhyun hardly slept too. He lay awake, staring at the bottom of the bunk directly overhead. A small, almost creepy smile formed slowly. "Is he asleep yet? Does he wince in sleep too? Or does he snore?" He stiffled a giggle before wrinkling his nose in the air. "Okay, I shall assume he snores. It's cuter that way." 
 
Jong-in woke when his alarm rang, to find his best friend still in bed. He stretched a finger out to poke Sehun on his side, causing him to wriggle even further away. "Yah, Oh Sehun. Not running today?" Jong-in poked him in the sides again until he was too far for Jong-in to reach without moving. Rolling over, Jong-in felt a pang and kinda wished he'd just been the lazy Jong-in he usually was. 
 
There they were, faces barely centimeters apart, Chanyeol's arm wrapped tightly around Sehun. 
 

Hi I'm back! Kinda..short and boring I know I know :( 

But it's been such a busy period and my writing mood is like down and ohwell. 

i shall try to update more frequently. Drop me comments, maybe it'll help me write more and write faster~teehee

Till then, xoxo!