13.

Perfection.

13


The cafeteria was caught in a busy buzz during the lunch hour as usual, with famished trainees chattering away in single files waiting for their food. It was a particularly noisy afternoon, with groups of students crowding around the announcements board. “What’re they looking at?” Baekhyun pointed in their general direction, tip-toeing in a futile attempt to glance past the shoulders of the students in front. Tugging on to the sleeve next to him, he tip-toed more, “Chanyeol ah, I can’t see anything….”

“Do I look like I can see anything more than you can, and do I look anything like a giant to you?” A flat, annoyed voice broke his little bubble in an instant.” Baekhyun turned to find himself facing the two equally vertically-challenged dorm-mates. “Chanyeol isn’t here, and don’t put your hopes on us to see anything either.”

“Where’s Jong-in when we need him?”

“I’m…looking for him too.” Kyungsoo scanned the crowd. “He was just behind a little while-“

“Stop being so hopeless, Kyungsoo.” Junmyeon smacked the back of his head. “Jong-in isn’t dumb and at the rate you’re going gaga over him and being such a creep, he’s gonna take flight one day.”


Kyungsoo blinked and started to get all fidgety, “W-who said anything about having any feelings for that sleepy piece of-“

“You just did.” chimed the other two in unison before a crazily heavy weight fell on their shoulders, earning a yelp from the diva.

“Let me see. You three are in group K with... wow, did they group us according to our dorm distribution or what?” A deep set voice resonated from above them. Swatting the heavy arm still comfortably settled on his shoulder, Baekhyun turned and glared at the other giant. Despite him being a giant, Baekhyun’d never had a liking for him; first reason being he’s dumb, second reason because he had an image too cool (or icy according to Baekhyun) and thirdly, he just didn’t like his face. “Kris, it’s either you tell us what the hell that notice is about, or you can scram.”

“You were obviously not paying attention in class earlier.” Kris chuckled, ruffling Baekhyun’s brown locks, earning an annoyed grunt. Did the ice giant just chuckle? “It’s the grouping allocation for the upcoming showcase. Your entire dorm is in the same group, Group K and our entire dorm is in Group…M. Remember well, Group K. K for Kris.” With another ruffle of Baekhyun’s hair, Kris turned and left.

“Pssh. Group K, K for Kris.” Baekhyun imitated in a high sing-song voice. “Whatever, you narcissistic piece of .”

--


Jong-in wandered around the school building aimlessly, granola bar in one hand and a cup of milk tea in the other; he had remembered 50% sweetness, less ice and less pearl this time round. Door by door, he checked each and every studio until he remembered that Sehun had once told him about the studio where he would train at whenever he needed to cool off, or whenever he needed some “alone time”. Mentally patting himself on the back for his great memory, he half-skipped to the studio excitedly. Dim lighting and cool air greeted him when he pushed the doors open. Giving his eyes some time to adjust to the darkness, he looked into every corner until he spotted a silhouette on the couch. “Sehun ah-“ Jong-in called out as he neared but soon stopped short.

His best friend, who almost never rests no matter how he’d persuaded him to, had fallen asleep.

Sound asleep on Park Chanyeol’s lap.

--

"No but seriously that was narcissism way off the board. Did you not hear what he said?" Baekhyun whined ignoring the sighs and plopped a piece of horribly ruined focaccia into the already cold minestrone soup. "Who does he think he is really."

"Kris Wu."

“So helpful there Junmyeon. Oh, and that was not a question you jerks.”

“Let’s call him the dude who’s gotten our princess’s attention then.”

Raising up his spoon, Baekhyun glared at his friend. "Do Kyungsoo, you’re asking for it. What princess, what attention."

"Come on, you have been harping on it for the past..." Kyungsoo took a quick glance at his watch. "40 minutes."

"Was not. Why would I ever waste 40 precious minutes on anyone, much less a narcissist? Not Byun Baekhyun's style there." Baekhyun cleared his throat and finally started on his soup. "Ew, the soup's cold."

--

“Jong-in Jong-in Jong-in Jong-in~~~ Why are you ignoring me Jong-innie~”” The blonde haired boy tugged on Jong-in’s sleeve, following him around the room. Jong-in had been ignoring and avoiding Sehun for most part of the day, since the little encounter during lunch break. Sehun, trying to get a response from his best friend, had resorted to using aegyo which he knew would annoy his best friend into giving in. But it probably was a wrong move on a wrong day.  The slightly younger boy was unusually chirpy, so much it annoyed Jong-in even more on top of the aegyo he was getting. Was it because of him?

“I’m tired, I’m going to sleep.” Jong-in pulled away from Sehun and climbed into bed without a second word. He was tired, but he was afraid to fall asleep.

He was afraid of what he might see when he wake in the morning.  


Sigh, so many pairings in here.. 
I'll probably update short chapters from now on (which explains the unknown number of chapters)
I just... can't bring myself to not write cute Sehun I'll die writing cute Sehun cause he's too darned cute ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
Okay that's all folks! Drop me comments likes whatever suits, they'll be very very much appreciated! 
Oh!! Thank you for the upvotes they mean so much to me ♥♥♥

Till then, xoxo