02.

Perfection.

02


Date: 3rd March 2013
Weight: 53.3Kg
Food intake:
Breakfast – 1 slice of bread,
1 slice of ham, 1/2 cup of non-fat milk.
Lunch – 2 pieces of crackers, 1 cup of milk tea, half an apple
Dinner – 1 slice of pizza, 1 mouthful of strawberry cheesecake, 1 can of sunny10.

Sehun had no idea how he’d landed himself in SM Dance Academy. Five years ago, around a month after the SM Dance Academy open house and auditions, Sehun received a letter in the mailbox:

Dear Oh Sehun,

We are glad to inform you that you have successfully passed all the auditions. You have been selected as a trainee with SM Dance Academy and your training period will commence in January 2013, when you have completed your studies in high school.

Attached are more information on the school, the curriculum structures, as well as information which you may require in preparation for the training with us. You will also receive a set of admission papers in late 2012.

Once again, congratulations and we will see you again.

Regards,
SM Dance Academy

Jung Yunho’s fault, it’s all Jung Yunho’s fault. Jung Yunho and all that sleek moves, coupled with the overflowing charisma. Sehun had no idea how he’d gotten past the audition to be honest, all three rounds at that. He was not a tad bit like Jong-in. Jong-in was born with the gift and talent for dancing, whereas Sehun was born with the gift of… well, nothing. But miraculously, he made it through. When he first received the letter from SM Dance Academy, he’d even phoned up the academy thrice to triple check if they’d gotten the wrong person. The administrative staffs at SM Dance Academy had to reassure him time and time again that he was the Oh Sehun they were looking for. A part of him was annoyed, because getting in to the academy would mean restrictions and commitments. The other part of him was glad. SM Dance Academy, he would get to watch his idol dance again, and perhaps, get to perform on the same stage as him.

Ever since he’d started training with the academy, Yunho’d been his role model. Usually, Sehun was just the typical brat wouldn’t care less with respecting anyone. He did what he liked. But when it came to Yunho, he was a totally different kid – formalities, respect and obedience. When Sehun’d first entered the academy as a freshman, Yunho was already a trainer-in-training. The heavens above must have heard Sehun’s persistent prayers. Because on the very first day of training, Sehun was sorted in to Yunho’s class, together with Jong-in.

Training at the academy required them to reside in the dormitories. Six trainees shared a dormitory unit, consisting of a living room, a kitchenette, and bedroom huge enough for 3 bunk beds and a writing table.  Sehun shared a dormitory with Jong-in (thankfully), Do Kyungsoo, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Junmyeon and Park Chanyeol. When they first shifted in, Sehun already had deep impressions of his dorm mates. He thought that Kyungsoo looked hilarious because he had huge eyes like an owl. Baekhyun got on his nerves on the very first day by playing with all, yes all, the light switches in the dorm. Kim Junmyeon was the only one Sehun approved of as mentally sane, even though he was pretty childish at times. Park Chanyeol… no one had met this Park Chanyeol ever. Not once since day one.

Everything seemed to have gone well for Sehun and Jong-in in the past two months. Both of them settled in well in the dorm, thankful that they had each other, and thankful for decently nice dorm mates. It was much better than those next door – one who was always on the guitar, another one was always bringing stuffed toys back, the third one kept coming over with some stupid joke. Oh, and those upstairs too – one’s always ordering chicken delivery, another’s always singing in the middle of the night, and someone was crazy enough to bring half the gym back from hell knows where. The two of them coped pretty well in trainings so far too, or so it seemed.

Jong-in was practically enjoying all the lessons for the different genres of dance – hiphop, jazz, ballet, you name it. Sehun on the other hand, was struggling quite a little. He had to practice doubly and even triply hard in order to catch up and keep up with the standards. He would stay back in the practice room after trainings to clean up his moves, or do extra strengthening exercises. He knew that he was not born talented and he knew that he had to work for it. Sehun was considered very (and maybe overly) hardworking for a first year trainee, and Yunho was impressed by it. He did not show it though, because showing could cause the trainee to become complacent instead.

When it came to new choreographies, Sehun would stay in the studio for longer times than usual. Sometimes he would even end up skipping his meals because he didn’t have the time to eat – it was just practice, rest, practice, rest. Every now and then, there would be a practical assessment, and Sehun would spend so much time in the studios that his dorm mates had to literally drag him back to the dorm.

Early this morning, Sehun was walking back to the dormitory after his late night practice at about 4am in the morning, when he saw a suspicious looking person loitering around the dormitories. The stranger was tall, and wore a dark coloured hoodie. With him, he carried a huge duffel bag and had another two hand carries dragging behind him. Sehun couldn’t care less about some random person, he was tired. His eyes were practically closing and if he had a choice, he would sit right where he was, in the middle of the road. Shuffling his feet back towards his dorm, he stared at his tattered shoes. He made a mental note to shop for a new pair of dance sneakers. He’d practiced so much his 2 month old sneakers were started to give way.

Fishing out his dorm keys from his very messy duffel, he bumped in to someone at the door, got elbowed on his head, and screamed. It was the person from earlier. Lights lit up from inside his dorm and the other trainees came clambering to the door – except for Jong-in who took his own sweet time to saunter out of his room, barely awake.

“Who’s there?” Kyungsoo’s huge eyes poked out from behind the doors.

“I DON’T KNOW WHO THIS RANDOM NUGU IS BUT HE WAS LOITERING AT OUR DOOR AT 4 FREAKING AM IN THE MORNING, MADE ME BUMP INTO HIM, ELBOWED MY HEAD AND DIDN’T EVEN BOTHER APOLOGIZING.” Sehun blabbered in a single breath, clearly annoyed. Stomping in to the dorm, he hid behind the rest while rubbing his head.

“I’m so so so sorry! I’m kind of lost, I didn’t know that you were behind me, I was just looking for- I am really sorry, really really sorry!” The stranger in hoodie was bowing profusely, apologizing and explaining in sentences that did not make sense.

“Don’t you think you blabber a little too much?” Sehun snapped at him. “Who the hell are you?”

“I’m terribly sorry! I’m looking for the dor-“

“I’m pretty sure he asked you who not why or how.” Junmyeon pointed out.

“My name is Park Chanyeol.”


1247 words!! Possibly one of the longer chapters I've written in my chaptered fics ><
So here comes Park Chanyeol~~ hehehhe. 
I can't help but keep Yunho oppa in the story T-T 
Commenteu~ commenteu~~ hehehe 
try guessing which pairings are going to appear! (I'm still deciding between a few of them haha)
Okay it's 3:43am and this chapter is not edited so please pardon me for mistakes.

Oh. ANYONE WANTS TO HELP ME DESIGN A POSTERRRRRR HEHEHE. PM me, comment, or tweet me @krispyjieun if you wanna help~~ ^ㅂ^

Till then, xoxo♥