14.

Perfection.

14


Sehun sat in the front row, watching as the other groups practiced on stage, sneakers squeaking on the newly polished floor. He smiled to himself as memories from five years back came creeping back. He had been waiting for this very day, a day when he would perform on that stage which was gloriously standing right before him. 

 
“What are you thinking of? You’re smiling like an idiot.” His best friend’s voice pulled him back out from memory lane. Sehun gave himself a good stretch before replying, a smile still evident on his usually expressionless face, “Jong-in ah, do you remember when you dragged me here for the open house?” Jong-in nodded in response, taking in the cuteness in front of him.
 
“Thank you for dragging my lazy useless here back then. I don’t think I will ever regret it.” Sehun clutched the other boy’s hands tightly in his own, sighing in satisfaction. “If it weren’t for that fateful day, if it weren’t for Yunho, I don’t know what I’d be doing with my life right now.” He looked at Jong-in straight in the eyes, causing the latter to divert his gaze away. “Jong-in ah, thank you.” 
 
Jong-in had never expected this from Sehun. For one, he had never once expected Sehun’s passion for dancing to be this strong and two, Sehun was never the sappy type of person. Despite all that, he was glad and enjoying the very moment, with his hands still tightly held in Sehun’s. He was contemplating whether or not to pull away from Sehun cause at the rate Sehun was holding his hands, he might just blurt out some lousy-assed confession at the wrong time and the sassy old Sehun would probably snap his head off in a second. Before he could finish weighing the consequences in the slow-processing mind of his, Sehun’d already let go of him to welcome a cup of fast approaching bubbletea.
 
“I don’t want that.” 
 
“You don’t have a choice, Oh Sehun.” The baritone voice was getting closer and annoying Jong-in more with every second. “Hi Jong-in, want some sandwich?” Jong-in shook his head, not bothering to look up. He watched as Chanyeol sat down on the other side of Sehun, who reached for the cup of drink with a child-like smile - a smile he hasn’t seen in a very long time. He sat watching them, feeling his own existence fade away. 
 
“I don’t want this….”
 
“Do you think you have a choice?”
 
“Isn’t there anything else?”
 
“No, just this. Take it or take it.”
 
“But….” 
 
“No buts.” Chanyeol unwrapped the sandwich wrapper and held the sandwich up to Sehun’s lips. 
 
Sehun pouted. 
 
That did it. 
 
Jong-in has never, not once in his life, seen Sehun pout. He did get showered with Sehun’s aegyos from time to time, but never once, has Sehun ever pouted to anyone. 
 
He felt something break inside of him. 
 
“I’m going out for a walk.”
  
“Come back on time!” Sehun waved him off with a smile; a smile so bright it hurt. 
 
Jong-in did not “go out for a walk”. He sat in the circle seats; watching the two of them from up high made Sehun seem even further away from him. He no longer knew what was going around his best friend’s mind. One moment, he was snapping away at Chanyeol for the smallest things and now, they behaved like they were a couple. “You are not, are you?” Jong-in unconsciously thought out loud and sighed. 
 
His heart got heavier with each passing moment, watching Chanyeol trying to feed the sandwich to Sehun. Sehun was not a kid, did he really have to do that?  Burying his face in his hands, he tried clearing out his thoughts. The showcase was, after all, in an hour’s time and he couldn’t afford to mess it up after all that months of practice. 
 
“Kim Jong-in, you can do this.” 
 
Refuelled with determination (or so he thought), Jong-in smiled inwardly (and awkwardly) and stood up, only to have someone pulling him back down and covering his eyes. Startled, he yanked at the hand covering his eyes from the back, “Who’s that? Let go.”
 
“Can’t.”
 
Hearing the familiar voice, he relaxed a little. The answer to his next question stunned him. 
 
“You don’t deserve this. I don’t want to see you like this.” 
 
Jong-in did not understand what it meant but he did not retaliate. “Is it.. something I won’t want to see?”
 
Keeping Jong-in’s eyes covered, he wrapped his other arm around Jong-in’s shoulders. 
 
“D-don’t tell me anything, Kyungsoo hyung, don’t tell me anything."
 

This... is... a... terribly written chapter I'm sorry. 
Been a little caught up with some issues and all and the mind's a little... messed up :<
Anyway!! The Lost Planet is coming to Singapore tell me how to breathe ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 
Okay okay back to this, thank you for all them comments and upvotes I love y'all too much ♡
Keep them coming and I'll love y'all even more xoxo

Till then, xoxo.