03.

Perfection.

03


“Park… Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head, and mumbled to himself. “Sounds pretty familiar, have I heard of this name anywhere?”

“Who cares whether he’s a park or a garden? Why on earth did we have a random nugu loitering outside our dorm at 4am in the morning? Those duffels, were you trying to break in for a sleepover?” Sehun snapped sarcastically. 4am, he really needed his 2 hours of sleep before the day started. He was aching all over, sore and tired from the hours of practice. There was no time to waste on a total stranger, but he didn’t feel safe now that there was well, a stranger lurking around.

Baekhyun circled round the stranger, checking the exterior of the duffel bags he was holding. “Yea, what do you think you’re doing this late, or this early with those huge bags of yours?”

“I was uh..”

“Dude, don’t you think you talk a little too slow?” Sehun snapped at him, for the third time in ten minutes.

“Can’t we just leave him out here and head back to bed?” Jong-in whined, leaning his chin on Sehun’s shoulder. His peered at the weird stranger through sleepy eyes, and then whispered to Sehun, “Sehun ah.. Don’t you think he looks familiar?” Ignoring his friend’s question, Sehun picked up his own training bag and headed for the shower, while Jong-in tagged behind Sehun and found his way back to his bed. The other three trainees followed after, closing the door behind them and locking the stranger outside.

--

Even though Sehun had turned in much later than everyone else, he’d gotten up much earlier than everyone else too. Training didn’t start until 8am but by 6:30am, Sehun was already doing his warm up exercises at the dance studio, preparing for his daily jog. It was a routine for him. Every morning, Sehun would wake at 6am, have a light breakfast and head out for his daily jog, before proceeding for the fifteen minute core exercises in the studio. By the time he was done, Yunho and the other trainees would start arriving at the studio for their trainings. But this morning, it was different. Yunho had arrived with someone else.

“Everyone, I have an announcement to make.” Yunho cleared his throat to get their attention. “We have a new trainee with us today. He’s joining us late because he’d just returned from America due to a surgery. Please help to guide him along so that he can catch up with the rest of us. This is Park Chanyeol, your new fellow trainee. Now, go ahead with your self-practice, I’ll be back in abit.”

Park Chanyeol.

Such a familiar name, but Sehun couldn’t remember where he’d heard it, but he didn’t care either. The new trainee flashed a huge smile and bowed to everyone in the room, unknowingly bumping into Sehun.

“Yah!”

Chanyeol gasped as he turned around. All eyes turned towards them. Everyone knew how much Sehun disliked being bumped in to. The tall new kid bowed again and again, apologizing. “I’m really really terribly sorry, I hope I didn’t hurt you anywhere. It’s my fault, I should have watched wher-“

“You.” Sehun jabbed a finger against Chanyeol’s shoulder. “It’s you again. Don’t you think you blabber a little too much?”

What luck he had. First, he had a stranger lurk outside his dorm at 4am, depriving him of a few minutes of precious sleep after being elbowed on the head. Then, his sneakers gave way, leaving him with no choice but to borrow a pair from Jong-in. Now, he gets bumped by some new trainee kid. As if life weren’t already difficult enough for him.

“Don’t worry about him, he’s probably tired from the lack of sleep.” A fellow trainee, Minho, gave a reassuring pat on Chanyeol’s back. The latter pursed his lips together tightly, curled them up in a smile, and nodded firmly. For most part of the day, Chanyeol tried his best to stay away from Sehun, before he’d bumped into him a third time within twenty-four hours.

Famished trainees changed out of their sweat-soaked tees and filed out of the studio the moment training ended, leaving behind Jong-in who was helping Sehun with a difficult dance move. Three figures leaned against the studio’s door, growling from time to time while clutching their stomachs.

“Okay, there you go, all polished up.” Jong-in gave Sehun a high-five. Picking up both their training bags, Jong-in motioned towards the door. “Guess it’s time to feed those three hungry souls there.”

Baekhyun clapped his hands like a little boy receiving a lollipop. He was famished from the long day, not to mention dead tired. If he could, he would eat while sleeping, he said he would master this skill one day. Junmyun had ordered for Chinese take-outs to be delivered to their dorm, and they should be arriving anytime soon. “Hurry guys, I don’t want to miss the delivery guy.”

Arriving at their dorm, someone was sitting at the doorstep, with a few bags cluttered around his feet. He stood up when the footsteps neared, smiled at the approaching group and waved. Before he could properly greet them, he found a skinny finger pointing towards himself. “Yah! Isn’t that the nugu from yesterday, and the one from our class? What the hell are you doing here again?”

“I-“

Baekhyun snapped his fingers. “Right, I remember you! Urm, sorry but… why are you here again?”

“I’m-“

Everyone started discussing Chanyeol’s presence at the dorm, but no one actually gave him the chance to explain. Helpless against them, Chanyeol stood there like a lost puppy, waiting.

“Hold on a second.” Junmyun held a hand up, and turned towards the neglected kid. “What did you say your name was?”

“Urm, Chanyeol? Park Chanyeol.” Seeing how quiet everyone was for that moment, Chanyeol grabbed the opportunity to explain himself. “I’m actually-“

“Our dorm mate.”


A 991 word updated after so long T-T 
I have 2 more new posters for this fic but I've been so lazy about the update /cries.
Anyway. this Park Chanyeol thing is dragging out for too long hurhur
Which pairings would you like to see in the upcoming chapters? :D 
Comment and I'll pick 1 or 2 to add in somehow or another! ^ㅂ^

HAERINSSI, UPDATE FALLEN FEATHERS PLEASE. ILU HAHA.

Till then, xoxo♥