Chapter 9

Hang With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            A few days pass for Kyungsoo and all throughout those days he spends his time looking for Luhan. He’s sure he heard Luhan say he went to school here too, but Kyungsoo can’t find him anywhere yet again. Kyungsoo remembers just leaving the boy in the hallway, abandoning him, and Kyungsoo feels bad. He walks the hallways at lunch hoping to catch a glimpse of the boy and apologize for leaving, but also Kyungsoo has to say he isn’t allowed to see him anymore. Kyungsoo walks around the hallways with an empty heart. Luhan is Kyungsoo’s only true friend.

             He looks around again before walking in the attendance office. Maybe they know what homeroom the Luhan stays in? He walks into the room and stands at a counter waiting, and soon a woman greets him.

             “Hello how can I help you?”

             “Uh… Can you tell me what homeroom somebody stays in?”

             “I’m sorry but I’m not allowed to reveal any information to students, only the parents of the students.”

             “Umm… can you please help me? Just this once, it’s really urgent.”

             The woman looked at Kyungsoo and nodded, “Okay just this once, but you should know I can’t really reveal anything else okay?”

             “Yes Ma’am.”

             “Okay, name please?”

             “Luhan?”

             “Okay I’ll check. This should only take a few seconds.”

             Kyungsoo taps his fingers on the counter, anxious. The woman furrows her eyebrows and looks at Kyungsoo, “Are you sure Luhan is the name?”

             “Yes…”

             “Hmm… No one by that name is showing up on my student records. Are you sure?”

             Kyungsoo stands there. Luhan did tell me went to school right? Kyungsoo nods, and just then the school’s bell rung.

             “Well I’m sorry, but it’s time for you to get to class.”

             Kyungsoo sighs but bows to the woman. He smiles and walks into the crowded hallways. Classmates fill the hallways and everyone around Kyungsoo either smiles or waves at him. At first Kyungsoo was completely scared when Jongin told him he’d walk him to school, but when the two arrived jaws dropped. Kyungsoo grew nervous around everyone then, but now once people knew Kyungsoo was in a relationship with the most popular guy in school they accepted him. For once Kyungsoo feels safe, and little uneasy. What if me and Jongin break up, would everyone go back to treating me badly?

             Kyungsoo smiles and waves back to the other people. He nears his locker, but just then he sees a blond head walk upstairs. Kyungsoo’s breathing hitches, and he drops his books. Kyungsoo shuts his locker and runs after the figure. He runs up the stairs and sees the person walk to the rooftop. Kyungsoo’s breathing is out of control at this point, is he finally going to meet Luhan? He pushes open the door of the rooftop.

             Nothing, Kyungsoo walks to the rooftop’s edge and looks down, no one. Kyungsoo could’ve sworn he saw a figure that looked just like Luhan walk up here. Kyungsoo feels tears run down his face. Where is Luhan? He wipes his tears away and sits on a bench, and he looks up at the sky.

             “Luhan where are you? I need you… I-I need to speak to you.”

             “Kyungsoo?”

             Kyungsoo’s tear stained face meets Luhan who walks out of the door of the rooftop. He looks at Kyungsoo and smiles.

             “Luhan!”

             Kyungsoo jumps up out from the bench and runs to Luhan. He tackles the boy down into the rooftop’s floor. Kyungsoo hugs the boy tight and Luhan smiles and gently ran his fingers through Kyungsoo’s darkened hair. Kyungsoo looks up to Luhan, “Luhan where have you been? The attendance office told me lies that you don’t go to school here and… and”

             “Shhh… Kyungso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter