Chapter 11

Hang With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           A few weeks pass since Luhan left Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo convinces himself that Luhan actually never left though. One day Kyungsoo draws a portrait of the boy. He painstakingly uses all of his knowledge of the arts. Using the proper shading techniques and blending all of the piece’s areas, but Kyungsoo went through many sheets of paper trying to remember exact details about the boy, his angel. He details the hair and rounds where the boy’s eyes are to be. He shades the image to give it dimension and carefully erases any smudges.

            His fingers are blackening by the use of charcoal and a small amount of black paint is added. Kyungsoo loves color, all the hues entices him to make the piece colorful, but Kyungsoo decides it would hold more meaning if the piece is black and white. To Kyungsoo the monochrome colors give him safety and comfort. He finishes and sprays a fixative to ensure that the piece won’t get ruined over time. Kyungsoo posts the finished composition on his wall next to his other artwork.

            Kyungsoo backs away from the piece, his fingers rubbing along the sheets of his bed making stains. His clothes are already ruined, but it was good that he chose to only wear his pajamas. He sits the bed and gazes at the portrait thinking and believing that Luhan is in the room with him.

            “Hi Luhan, long time no see.”

            Kyungsoo smiles at the unmoving picture. His eyes eyeing every line that he created, he giggles at Luhan’s smile. The image is smiling back at him, or so Kyungsoo thinks. For Kyungsoo this picture isn’t a reminder of what was, but what still is. He lies back down into his bed and looks up at his ceiling, “You wanna know what happened at school today Luhan?”

            He looks at the picture, it just smiles, “Jongin shared his lunch with me today and he actually let me sit on his lap. I should’ve been scared because everyone around us was staring, but I couldn’t. You want to know why Luhan?”

            “Because you told me, ‘you don’t try, you just do, right? You’re never going to leave me right?”

            The picture smiles, unmoving, “I knew you weren’t going to leave and you know Luhan?”

            Kyungsoo gets up from his bed and walks to the portrait, “I like you.”

            Kyungsoo pecks his lips at the picture. He backs away with his lips turning black and he giggles, “Oh yeah I’m sorry I forgot I can’t touch you!”

            He smiles and falls onto his bed, and Kyungsoo snuggles into his sheets. He imagines Luhan lying with him and holds onto the sheets even tighter. Kyungsoo smiles, “You’ll never leave me, right Luhan?”

            A car horn breaks through Kyungsoo’s rushing thoughts about Luhan. He looks outside his window and sees Jongin waiting for him. Oh yeah me and Jongin were supposed to go to the movies. Kyungsoo gets up and runs into the bathroom to wash his hands off. Not looking into the mirror, he r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter