Chapter 15

Hang With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*A Few Hours Earlier*

            Kyungsoo and Jongin drive to their apartment after Jongin proposes to the boy. Kyungsoo feeling light headed, decides he wants to go home after receiving a shock of a life time from Jongin. Jongin drives down to the street of their apartment, and he parks his car on the curb of the sidewalk. Kyungsoo is first to get and is immediately enveloped in an embrace from Jongin, “I knew you would say yes.”

            Kyungsoo smiles as the sky above begins to rain down on the two. Kyungsoo looks up and tastes the rain water as he holes out his tongue. Jongin smiles and pulls Kyungsoo’s head, meeting his forehead. The two lock eyes and the space between their lips closes. They kiss hard in the pouring rain and Jongin lifts Kyungsoo up carrying the boy up the flight of stairs.

            Jongin kicks the door of the apartment open as their lips are glued together. Kyungsoo is first to gasp for air and he tells Jongin to let him down, Jongin shakes his head.

“Jongin I don’t want this, not yet.”

When their little kiss begins to get heated Kyungsoo feels a little uncomfortable and he pushes Jongin away.

“No Kyungsoo I want this. I know we’re ready,” Jongin holds on to Kyungsoo as squirms out of his grasp.

“No!”

Kyungsoo tries to get to his room where he’ll know he can be safe. He kicks Jongin in the leg and Jongin loosens his hold on the boy. Kyungsoo runs to his room trying to escape Jongin. Jongin in pursuit only manages to see Kyungsoo before the door slams shut in his face.

            “Kyungsoo open the door!”

            “No!”

            “C’mon Kyungsoo!”

            Kyungsoo has his back to the door as he slides down on to the wooden floor. A tear falls from his face. Did I make the right choice? Just then Jongin kicks the boy’s door and Kyungsoo’s box of artwork topples over, and all its contents sprawl out onto the floor. Kyungsoo eyes the door and he turns the door’s lock. He sits quietly as he hears Jongin huff and footsteps walking away. He breathes in as he turns his attention to the mess covering his floor. Kyungsoo gets up as he sees that some of the pieces are damaged.

            “Great all those memories lost, no thanks to Jongin.”

            Kyungsoo groans as he starts to pick up the artwork. His fingers brushes pass a paper that’s faced down as a jolt of energy shoots through him. Kyungsoo shivers as his eyes fall on the piece. He eyes it curiously, “Funny, I’ve never seen this piece before.”

            Kyungsoo hands shake as he pulls the crumpled paper from the mess. It’s turned around so Kyungsoo can’t see the front. Kyungsoo looks at the blank side before his fingertips holding the piece on the other side tingle. He furrows his eyebrows and turns the piece of artwork around. Kyungsoo’s eyes widen as he sees the portrait of a boy he’s never met but feels a strange connection to. He sees something smudged where the boy’s lips are. Dust? Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter