Right Now It's...SNSD's Chat Room! by bluesnickers364

Shark & Elephant Review Shop [HIATUS]

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Right Now It's...SNSD's Chat Room!)

author: bluesnickers364
character/s: SNSD
genre/s: chat, humor
reviewer: elephant
----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Title: 3/5

It's straight forward and people would immediately know what kind of story it is. Readers who like these kind of things would click on it, while those who don't will not. There's nothing wrong with it aside from the way you constructed the title. It should be 'Right now, it's...SNSD's Chat Room!' although I would prefer it if you leave out the ellipsis and make it 'Right now, it's SNSD's Chat Room!' but that is entirely up to you.

 

Foreword/Description: 7/10

I thought it was a good snippet/intro for what's about to come in the future chapters. It starts with Taeyeon signing up for the chat room thinking she's the first to do so until she finds out that the others already have accounts. This shows what the content of the story is mostly about, which is indeed comedy. The only thing I had a problem  with is how the foreword/description looked disorganized. Everything was all over the place, and that can put readers off. I suggest you organize the foreword and description again and put everthing in their rightful sections.

 

Appearance: 3/5

I really despise stories that use different colors on every paragraph, but since this is a chat story, I can't really say anything about that. To be honest, it actually differentiates parts of the story i.e. their statuses, their actual chats, and if their online or not. Although I'm fine with the different colors, I don't exactly like how you used different fonts. You had at least three fonts, and although I know you're trying to differentiate your descriptions, the chat itself, and their statuses, you can easily show that they're different from each other by the way you construct them. For example, while your descriptions are a plain Arial, the chat portion can still be in Arial so as long as you construct it like chat. I know I would immediately understand that this portion is the chat if you put usernames in bold or underline, do you get me? I'm fine with the statuses in different fonts, but make sure to only have at least two fonts max.

 

Plot: 13/20

SNSD members in a chat room. Really, that's all there is to it, so I have nothing much to say here. Although I did like how you gave them interactions with each other and used the chats to show exactly what they're doing. Like for example, when Taeyeon and Sooyoung were fighting over the chips or when Taeyeon touched Tiffany's . Physical interaction shown through the chat in the form of the members telling each other what was happening at that moment was a plus. It wasn't just them talking and talking, you actually made it fun since from the scenes, we know that they're all in one place; their dorm. That is also what's funny about it. Their all in the same place but they're still in the chat room. 

 

Mechanics: 20/20

Like I said earlier, since this is a chat room story, I really can't say anything much about the mechanics. The use of emoticons and excessive punctuations are considered normal in the chat world, so I think it's fine seeing as to what kind of fanfic this is. It's a chat story, so of course it's going to be in chat form. 

 

Characterization: 15/20

I managed to differentiate the members' personalities by the way they type and talk, but not all of them. It's probably too early to say this since your story doesn't have that much chapters yet, but the other members like Hyoyeon aren't active participants, I've noticed. I don't know if you're going to make chapters for them speficially in the future, but for now, give some spotlight to the others IF that's how it's supposed to be. But if this is only supposed to feature some members, then that's fine as well. On a different note, their conversations are realistic and it's easy to imagine them actually saying those things.

 

Flow/Style: 15/15

Nothing's wrong with the flow or style since this, like I said, is a chat room story so it is only natural for them to be in and out of the conversation. I didn't read anything that was off with the flow, so good job.

 

Overall Enjoyment: 2/5

I liked it! It's full of innocent humor(well except for the touching part), cute little antics and remarks that I imagine the SNSD girls doing. You didn't have grammar mistakes so nice job on that!

 

Total: 78/100