Nevermore by lejohndary

Shark & Elephant Review Shop [HIATUS]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Clouds)

author: lejohndary
character/s: kyungsoo, kai
genre/s: romance, slice of life
reviewer: shark
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Title: 5/5

I like your title. I like how it's just one word; something that will stick to the readers. The title ties in with Kyungsoo's little "awakening" at the cafe and fits the story's overall mood, so great job!

 

Foreword/Description: 9/10

Ambiguous and mysterious but not in a dark, heavy way. It doesn't give out the summary in an exact, generic procedure which is great. And you didn't use different colors, which eased up on the reader's eyes.  Although your foreword was indeed appealing to the eyes, I didn't know exaclty what to expect from your one shot, and thus I gave you a 9. The foreword should be used as an opportunity to lewer readers into your story, but if you kept the foreword short for mood and tone purposes, keep it as it is. 

Appearance: 5/5

I didn't find anything wrong with the appearance. Much better than your old fic, "Not Fate, But Destiny"!

 

Plot: 20/20

I've got to hand it to you, your writing has improved immesely since I reviewed "Not Fate But Destiny". The plot was interesting and executed flawlessly. I like how you gave the reader a short background on Kyungsoo's persona before continuing onto the plot. I would love to ramble off on how much I adored your two shot and writing improvement, but I'll leave it all in "overall enjoyment".

Mechanics: 20/20

What the hell dude? Have you been practicing your writing 24/7 since the last review because goddamn you've improved eceedingly. Comparing what I remember from "Not Fate, But Destiny" to "Nevermore", I noticed a huge leap in your use of vocabulary. Your vocabulary has expanded exceptionally, and there's not a single word I see repeating unnecessarily. 

Characterization: 20/ 20

I strongly dislike you right now. This has got to be the highest score I've ever given anyone. I'm usually very strict and blunt with many authors, but you're not allowing me anything to pick on! Your characterization was pretty ing flawless to say the least. I love how you introduced Kyungsoo's personality so smoothly, and indirectly characterized Kai through Kyungsoo's point of view. I didn't feel too rushed at the introduction of new characters, and I didn't find any details too unnecessary. 

Flow/Style: 15/15

you man, I don't think I'd even score myself so high for flow. Your flow was brilliant! I didn't feel too rushed, nor too dragged, which is great! And I sincerely appreciate how you kept the story brief in only two chapters, and transitioned the time is seperate chapters. I absolutely loathe when authors insert 'one month later' in the same chapter where it was just a month earlier, because I feel too rushed when reading. The seperation of chapters allowed me a sense of time development, which I thank you for. 

 

Overall Enjoyment: 5/5

I wish I could give you at least 20 points more for this category, but unfortunately I can't because apparently this review shop has "rules" and Belle says I have to "follow them" or something like that.

I loved everything about the story! Kyungsoo's outlook on life was just awe inspiring and I just loved how his feelings towards Kai were so chaste and innocent. 

Dude your writing has grown so much, awesome job. From "Not Fate, But Destiny" to this, I wouldn't think it was the same author. I can't stress enough, how much I adore your improvement. I seriously could not stop fangirling while reading. Great job dude, you deserve a medal. 

Think of your high score as a reward for your improvement.

Total: 99/100