My Sweet Ice Princess by DigitalCake

Shark & Elephant Review Shop [HIATUS]


 

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(My Sweet Ice Princess)

author: digitalcake
character/s: krystal, sulli, you
genre/s: romance, comedy
reviewer: shark
----------------------------------------------------------------
 

 

 

Title: 3/5

The title is self-explanatory, but practically gives away the story. By reading the title, the reader already knows Chanho is going to win over Krystal because she is his 'Sweet Ice Princess'. I suggest changing the title, although it is up to you, to something more vague that will catch the reader's attention and have them curious as to what your fic is really about.

 

Foreword/Description: 4/10

Your forward was exactly what it was supposed to be, a preview to your fic, but it was written awkwardly and most of your sentences were grammatically incorrect.

Your current forward is:

He's just a normal guy with not even enough money to buy ice. She's a popular rich girl who can buy anything she could ever want. One day when Chanho, the "normal" guy, was walking back home from school, he bumps in into a beautiful girl who looks like she'll be sweet and caring person. But he thought wrong. he finds out that she a cold is stuck up person with a stare that can kill anyone within seconds. Chanho decides he wants to change her personality and make her the sweet, kind, and caring person she truly is. Will he be able to succeed and win her heart? Or it will all go down and she will stay the same and never love him.

In your forward alone, I found several grammatical errors and sentences worded incorrectly. I suggest changing your forward to:

He's a normal guy who doesn't have enough money to buy  ice. She's a popular girl who could buy anything she could ever want. One day when the normal guy, Chanho, was walking back home from school, he bumped in into a beautiful girl who looked to be sweet and caring person. But he soon found out that the beautiful girl, was really a cold, stuck up person, with a stare that can kill anyone within seconds. Chanho decides he wants to change her personality and make her the sweet, kind, and caring person she truly is. Will he be able to succeed and win her heart? Or will it all go down and will she  stay the same and never love him?

Now, the forward I suggested to you is your forward changed to be grammatically correct. Although the forward I suggested is grammatically correct, your forward if still a bit, off. First of all, why mention Chanho can't afford ice? It seems off topic and out of place. Second, why would Chanho want to make her change so suddenly? He just met her and already he wants to change her? That's unrealistically fast. Third, you spoil whether or not Krystal will change when you mention that Chanho wants to change her to the "sweet, kind, and caring person she truly is." And how is it possible Chanho already knows what her personality truly is by just bumping into her? Lastly, your last two sentences ask whether Chanho will win Krystal's heart or not. You just revealed Chanho will later fall in love with Krystal. Not good, I strongly suggest you change that. Everything seems to be happening too fast, and you reveal too much in your forward. Your forward should make the reader want to continue reading, but you spoil too much that the reader already knows what will happen. 

 

Appearance: 3/5

The font and general spacings and formats are fine, but your chapter is literally a big block of text. Write in shorter paragraphs, that way your fic isn't written as one big block. My eyes hurt just by trying to read your first chapter. And I'm not a big fan of character charts. I honestly think character charts are for weak writers who can't develop characters on their own during the fic so they make character charts as an easy way out. If you can, try not using character charts. 

 

Plot: 9/20

Due to the fact that you only have one chapter in your fic, I can't judge the plot of your fic properly. But because of your revealing forward, I can already tell where your fic is going.Your fic is very cliche, and if I was a normal reader, I wouldn't read it. Fics like yours are too common, and because your fic has only begun, I suggest changing the plot a bit before it evolves. Give your own twist to the fic that way it will stand out from other fics.

 

Mechanics: 19/20

I did not find many spelling or grammatical errors in your first chapter, but in paragraph one, wipping should be wiping. 

 

Characterization: 11/20

Because your fic has just begun, your characters are not fully developed, but by what I've in inferred, your characters are the basic cliche characters from those fluffy ice melting fics. Change up your characters a bit, they are way to unrealistic and so common. I understand you have a character chart so readers will know your character's personas, but I find character charts an excuse for writers not to develop their characters in fics, so I do not grade them. 

 

Flow/Style: 5/15

Terrible flow. I was so confused when Chanho had just finished getting ready and went out only to be harassed by some random chick. How did this chick even find his house, let alone know Chanho? Chanho had a lot of fangirIs, but I thought Chanho was bullied before or something. And at school, the transitions from what Chanho was doing to his fan girls confused me. I had to keep re-reading to understand what was going on. And when Chanho bumped into Krystal on his way home, he suddenly had the urge to change her. Who does that? Bump into someone then suddenly want to change them? Too unrealistic. I suggest slowing down your transitions. Your chapters are quite short, so by doing this you can lengthen your chapters.

 

Overall Enjoyment: 1/5

Your fic is way too common. And I'm not into fluffy fluff.

 

Total: 55/100