Part 14

Love Wrecked

He missed him. He misses Sungmin and he couldn’t quite fathom why he was longing for the older man this much.

 

He had not moved on from his fight with Ryeowook and he has no intention of calling the other. In all honesty, he's planning on breaking up, he wanted to let go. It was something he should have done long ago. But he needed a good preparation for it. Knowing Ryeowook, it would not be easy, things would change... everything.

 

He was an , he knew, but things aren’t the way they were anymore. It’ll hurt them both if he keeps up with this pace.

 

Besides, he’s falling for another man.

 

And that another was the cause of his agony as of the moment. Sungmin had texted him that Sunday and told him that he would be very busy. He couldn’t meet up and all he could do was to text him.

 

They were simple, “hey”, “good morning”, “good evening”, “have a good day” and s like that. When he sends Sungmin a personal text or a question, there wouldn’t be any response. He visited him at his apartment only to find him at the library three blocks away. Sungmin was drowning himself with school and he knew he was not to interfere.

 

“I’m so sorry.” Sungmin pleaded one Saturday as he finally called him. His voice was drowsy over the receiver. “I was so busy and I took up an additional load to be able to catch up on my subjects.

 

He smiled. Sungmin was indeed a kid. He could imagine his face, pouty all over as he stretched on his bed. He chuckled inwardly. "I understand. School's keeping you up, huh?"

 

"The presentation is this Wednesday. I've spent a lot of money and energy for my preparation. I hope things would work out well."

 

There was a rustle at the line and he figured Sungmin was at the rest room. He could feel his morning thing hardening at the thought and he shook his head, running to the bathroom for a splash of water. 

 

"Kyu? You there?"

 

Kyu. Nice. The nickname stage is pretty good and he couldn't help but smirk. "Yeah?"

 

"I did a tropical presentation the other day for Nutrition and they really liked it. I remembered the food we had at the island and..."

 

The tone became nostalgic but he couldn't quite figure a sense of sadness. Nevertheless, he knew the reverie Sungmin was in. Even with moving on, fragments just keep on returning and your mind would always be forced to drift back. He smiled sadly and looked at his face in front of the mirror, he had changed... a lot. And he knew it was for the better.

  

"They said they felt my attachment to it and it earned me praise. They said that nutrition and food presentation isn't always about the taste and the look, it's about the feelings drawn in it." Sungmin sighed and it was not a sad one. He continued, "I hope I'll do good in my Kaiseki."

 

"I'm sure you would."

 

"I was thinking about us when I made this tropical meal. I guess, I'll..."

 

He smiled widely, knowing what Sungmin was about to say. 

 

"…I'll just continue to think of you, huh?"

 

And that was enough to complete his day.

 

******************************************************************************

 

"I got a 98!" Were the first words he muttered as he engulfed Kyuhyun on a tight hug. Finally a weekend to be together. He had been too busy for his presentation. At least school had been a good excuse. He knew he was becoming close to the other man, but what can he do? The contentment he would always feel with Kyuhyun was enough to make his every day.

 

Besides, Kyuhyun, too, had pile of works to do. They were both reaching a line bordering something dangerous, but at least they haven't let go of reality. After the kiss they have shared, the conversations they had and everything in between, they both knew it was more than a simple friendship.

 

"I knew you'll do great! I'm so happy for you." Kyuhyun spoke as they walked back to the other’s car. They had finally agreed to meet after Kyuhyun had insisted that he was starving himself for the kaiseki he had promised.

 

He smirked a little as he sat himself comfortably the passenger’s seat. "I didn't get a hundred as you betted, though."

 

"But it was close!" The other protested. "Plus, it's still over 95 so you definitely owe me a meal tonight."

 

His eyes widened. That, he did not expect. He had just prepared a full course kaiseki a day ago and now he is to make another one. He’ll have to buy everything again and the ingredients weren’t really cheap. "Tonight? But I still need to prepare it."

 

There was silence. His chest thumped, wondering if Kyuhyun was disappointed of some sort. "We can just stay at my apartment. I'll help you."

 

Something twirled inside his stomach at the idea of being alone with the other but he quickly brushed it off as he agreed at the expecting man. He knew Kyuhyun was with someone, but he also knew that that relationship Kyuhyun has with the guy named Kim Ryeowook was deteriorating every second.

 

He was not someone to wish a misfortune over a relationship but that idea was enough for him to hold on to something, something he knew he was still denying about.

 

Minutes later, he found himself at a local grocery and Kyuhyun was dragging him everywhere in the place.

 

“I’ll bring you to my favorite apartment.” Kyuhyun spoke as they waited in line. He had been running over the list that he had still kept from his presentation and the younger’s words were enough to catch his attention. Just how many flats does Kyuhyun have? He raised his brow.

 

Younger chuckled as he fixed the goods over the counter and the cashier started punching them in. “I only have three, no need to freak out.” He spoke as if reading his mind.

 

He had almost forgotten how powerful and rich Kyuhyun is. This playful kid, this young lad that he was head over heels with was an executive of a huge company. Nevertheless, he was glad that he was able to see another side of Kyuhyun, a side he truly was.

 

The drive was quiet, only Kyuhyun humming along the radio and giggling from time to time. They just sat in a comfortable silence as the younger finally pulled over in front of a building.

 

"Make yourself comfortable." Kyuhyun told the other man as he set the things they bought at the kitchen leaving him at the living room. The place was the single unit at the topmost floor of the place with windows touching the ceiling and the floor. The lights from the city were spectacular.

 

The place was garbed in black and white, suited for a bachelor like Kyuhyun but it was very personal. There were frames of crumpled sheets that looked like compositions. There was a photo of Kyuhyun and a girl, a little older than him. He smiled as he stared at it. There was also a photo of a teen Kyuhyun at the beach. He was smiling, happy and contented.  

 

The photos were only a few in the place that caught his attention but he knew, the moment his eyes landed on the array of shelves at the opposite side of the living room, that he had found his favorite spot in Kyuhyun’s sanctuary.

 

The younger had once mentioned to him that he's a wine enthusiast. However it did not occur to him that the other loved it to this extent as the bottles glistened in utter glory. It was a treasure. 

  

"Would you want to try one?” Kyuhyun’s voice literally made him jump. The display of wines had enthused him that he did not notice the other return. “You can pick whatever you want. Take it as a gift for having a high score."

 

Sungmin smiled at the offer as stared at the shelves, his heart swelling with excitement. His eyes then landed to a particular wine he had always wanted to try, Chateau Margaux. However it was too expensive and it would be a waste to spend that much money for one bottle so he never had the chance to try it.

 

He had wanted to pick it but didn't want to abuse the other man's offer.

 

"Maybe later. I think it's better if I prepare dinner first. Can't starve that monster of a tummy you have."

 

"I'm a grown up man, I need to eat. And you eat as much as I do." Kyuhyun countered as he continued to . 

 

The silly banters did not stop even they were at the kitchen. He knew that Kyuhyun was a horrible cook so he insisted doing it by himself, but the other was persistent on wanting to help. He finally gave up after Kyuhyun had threatened him to prepare a dessert by himself. Unfortunately, it took twice as long as it should have been with Kyuhyun beside him. The younger was not meant to be in the kitchen... ever. Still, he could never complain at the amount of laugh he had with the younger by his side. 

 

"Is it done?" Kyuhyun asked, his mouth watering as he impatiently watched him set the last dish on the table. He was waiting on the side as he was kicked out of his own kitchen earlier after continuously stealing a piece of food.

 

"So impatient." he complained but smiled at the excitement that beamed on the other's face as he motioned the other that they can start eating.

 

Kyuhyun immediately grab a piece once he was settled on his chair.

 

"Mmm.. this definitely taste the best of all the kaiseki I have eaten." He muttered over his busy mouth.

 

His heart beamed at the compliment, proud as he saw the blissful expression on the other's face while eating each dish he made. He had received countless of praises for his cooking; however, he only felt this much happiness and pride at the younger's words. It made him want to serve and cook for the other more. He washed away his thoughts as he replayed his words and cringe as he sounded like a wife. He blushed at the thought.

 

"Why aren't you eating?" Kyuhyun asked, breaking him from his reverie. The younger was on his takiawase, the fourth part of the meal.

 

He smiled and just shook his head, taking a sip of his miso soup and just urged Kyuhyun to eat more. He was not much of an eater of his own meal. He preferred to watch a person’s content over something he had done. In all honesty, he seldom eats a full course meal he made by himself.

 

Almost an hour later, Kyuhyun had collapsed on the couch, patting his bulging tummy. "I'm so full.” His face was painted with a smile of satisfaction, something he seldom holds.

 

"You finished all of it." He teased.

 

"It wasn't my fault it tastes so good." Kyuhyun replied back. "Oh wait I almost forgot." He added as he motioned the other to follow him as he went towards the array of wines.

 

He watched the other as he looked at the bottles lined up as if searching for something. Kyuhyun stopped at the corner and reached out a bottle from the fourth row of bottle. He waved a bottle in front of him and smiled.

 

"Let's have this baby for tonight."

 

His eyes widened. Kyuhyun had picked the wine he was fantasizing about. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. Not until Kyuhyun was corking the bottle and settling down two glasses on the coffee table. "But that's too expensive."

 

"It's okay. I was waiting for the perfect occasion to drink it and what's more perfect than having you as a companion?"

 

He blushed at the other's words and was not able to complain more as the younger was already pouring a generous amount of the liquid to the two glasses. He watched as the thickness filled half of the crystals.

 

He picked up the glass and Kyuhyun did the same; they raised it onto the air motioning a soft “cheers” onto one another before finally taking a sip. The taste was firm and soft at the same time. It was sweet and bitter. It was thick and thin. He smiled at Kyuhyun as they drank together, smiles and stares filling up for a comfortable silent conversation.

 

The time went unnoticed until they had finally downed the bottle. They had landed on the couch facing the open city. The noise from the outside had turned music to their ears as the quiet wine session adjourned. The younger stood up and headed to the shelves. His eyes widened as he watched Kyuhyun take another bottle.

 

"Kyuhyun don't you think one bottle is enough?"

 

"C’mon, just try this. This is one of my favorites." Younger insisted as he brought poured another onto their glasses. The younger picked up his glass and brought it to his lips, making him drink. And just like that, their world stopped

  

Kyuhyun stared at him, his hand stretched towards him as he held the glass to his lips. But the younger made no movement of the crystal, he just stared at him. The wine was not able to touch his lips, he couldn’t anymore feel the warmth of the red liquid because in an instant, Kyuhyun’s lips were on his.

 

He did not move, he just allowed their lips to connect. But when Kyuhyun his lips, he gave in. He kissed him back, reminiscing the feeling of Kyuhyun kissing him inside the car. His arms locked around Kyuhyun’s nape and he was pulled closer, their bodies connecting in an instant he settled on the younger’s lap.

 

He could feel the heat of their skins as their mouths moved languidly against one another. With every movement, their kisses became more intimate, needier. He couldn’t pull back, he didn’t want to stop, because it was Kyuhyun and he wanted him. He wanted all of him.

 

And just like that, Kyuhyun pulled away a little, allowing him to speak onto their lips. He just smiled onto their kiss as he spoke "I want you."

 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

-we guess you all know what's next......... /runs and hides