Part 9

Love Wrecked

 

He knew what was happening was wrong, but to hell. They were alone, they were isolated from the rest of the world and Kyuhyun's kisses were sending him into some place he never knew.

 

The heated kiss they shared earlier was still sending his heart flying. The unbelievable tingles in his skin continued to tickle him as he tied the pieces of wood together, a little too tight because of his agitated thoughts. Kyuhyun had vanished someplace in the woods, thank goodness, because he really needed some peace and quiet, away from the man. He sighed as his fingers reached for his lips, the velvety smoothness of the younger's still stuck on his. He smiled as he sat on the sand. Ever since he came to the island, it was the first time he felt light.

 

Was he liking Kyuhyun? Was he falling for the younger?

 

Whatever it was that's going on between them, he did not want to comprehend as of yet. He wanted to hold on to what they have in the island, because one day, he might just have to leave everything behind. Maybe when the mind and heart had been put into too much strain, we become too in denial of what's happening. It's better to be delusional from time to time than lure yourself to the harshness of reality. A simple defense mechanism would keep the mind afloat. And whatever it was, he knew he was enjoying it.

 

He straightened up as he finished the sides he tied up. The raft was proving itself difficult and he has no idea how to do it. He was about to bend down once again when he felt strong arms around his waist and cold lips touch the base of his neck. He smiled as he turned.

 

"Working hard?" Kyuhyun smirked at him before leaning to kiss his temple. He smiled at the contact before he nodded.

 

"I'm doing the best I can, okay?" He whined a little, putting up a cute pout for the taller.

 

"Of course you do." Kyuhyun looked at him dearly, brushing his hair and placing it behind his ears. He let his hand stay on the side of the older's face as he caress his thumb at the other's cheeks. Sungmin smiled, closing his eyes as he lean on the other's touch.

 

The banters they shared from days ago, the hatred, and the frustration they had vented up against one another were suddenly washed away by the waves as they acted too soft towards one another. Nevertheless, he couldn't complain.

 

"I'm sure you're hungry. Let's go and eat. Can't starve my baby girl." Kyuhyun teased as he stole a kiss on the other's cheeks.

 

He puffed his cheeks and looked at the brunet, playfully glaring. “Do I really have to be the girl?” He had some issues being regarded to or mistaken as a woman, especially with his best friend who teases him about that every day… before.

 

“Of course, baby girl.”

 

Blushing, Sungmin playfully punched the other, who just laughed in return. Taking his hand and intertwining it together, he pulled him to the small hut they had somehow built and developed. It was funny how they fought over it from time to time. Now, it was their small sanctuary, a place they would always cherish.

 

The sun was at noon high as they sat, eating the leftover crops and fruits scattered everywhere. The golden sand pierced through their bodies, their skin growing numb of it. The food they had were leftovers, same old fruits and crops they could find. The biscuit packs and water bottles were running low. They were getting sick of the taste but they have to endure. 

 

Surprisingly, the food became less bland as smiles filled their faces. It was something too juvenile but neither cared. Kyuhyun's smirk from time to time was making him feel warm all over. It was nice... he smiled back.

 

They started conversing. The topics were filled on reminiscent thoughts of the cruise they had. They laughed at themselves and the fights they had. 

 

"What do you do?" Kyuhyun asked him as they munched under the heat of the sun. "Why were you in the cruise?"

 

He smiled at the younger and shook his head a little. "I'm studying tourism arts. I have a presentation that tackles cruise life. The crew, staff, the ship itself... everything.  I was to akin myself on the life in a cruise. I've been to hotels and resorts."

 

"That's nice," Kyuhyun commented sincerely. "I don't know how people do it, those at hotels and cruises. They're so welcoming and kind, always patient. They make sure you're okay. I mean, it's a bit difficult, with different people every day."

 

"It's hard when you're used to sitting in front of a laptop every day, with tons of papers to sign. But when you get exposed to such work and get used to it, you'll find it enjoyable." He said once again. "It's different every day, it's not boring."

 

Kyuhyun smiled at him. "I'm always behind a desk. I manage hotels and own them. I buy and sell resorts, I develop them. Yet, I never knew that the people around me are doing better than I am."

 

He realized something that day. Despite the fame, the fortune, Cho Kyuhyun was still a young man. He was someone clad in gold and was forever shielded from the beauty that is life. The cruise must've been an escape, to look for another path to take, across the barrier that shielded his life.

 

He found himself scooting closer to the younger, his palm reaching for the other's hand as he smiled at him.

 

"It's not too late to discover things," he spoke, his voice a little high. "You're doing well in this island, anyway." He winked and Kyuhyun smiled at him.

 

They kissed. They kissed softly and then turned harder, more desperate. That feeling was becoming too familiar and he was liking it more and more. He pulled Kyuhyun closer, tilting his head to give more access. The tip of his nose touched the younger's cheek and he allowed himself to inhale the scent that was Kyuhyun.

 

He did not know why but he felt compelled to allow Kyuhyun to do this, to give him comfort and pleasure. He felt inclined to hold him ever so close. 

 

Moments later, he was being hovered by the taller man on the sand and they were making out like there was no tomorrow. Never mind that they had been stuck in the island for a week or so. Never mind that they hadn't bathed or stuff as such. Never mind that he caught Kyuhyun ing about him in his dream.

 

 

"................................."

 

 

He gasped and pushed the man swiftly, leaving them both panting and shocked. He stared at Kyuhyun for a while and then, he blushed.

 

"Uhm... sorry," he murmured. "I just remembered… something." His eyes darted towards Kyuhyun's pants and found that the older was sporting another hard-on. He bit his lip. He himself was getting hard. Well, who wouldn't with all the kisses they've shared?

 

He is a but he is no saint, Surely, he had jerked himself from time to time. But being with Kyuhyun in an isolated island would be VERY difficult.

 

"Oh..." It seemed that the younger understood as he stood up. "I... I'll just... uhm... spring... I...."

 

And Kyuhyun walked away, a blush painting his cheek.

 

He smiled.

 

 

%%%%

 

 

"Ugh, ." He almost screamed as he relieved himself, wiping his soiled hand as soon as he was done. Sitting by the spring, he gulped a handful of water and tried to calm down. Damn, he was panting. His thoughts were clouded by Sungmin. Sungmin's smile, his voice, his touches, his kisses. Sungmin. Everything was about him.

 

He forced himself to believe it was damn lust. He forced himself that it was mere need for release, bare skin against his. But it seemed, there was something more.

 

He grunted lightly as he laid on his back, his eyebrows knitting as he thought of the man. He was liking him more and more, and every single second they are together, the more it would be too dangerous for them. He sighed.

 

"Sorry," He jumped at the voice. He turned to see the older man, looking at him with sad eyes. "Sorry, you must've..."

 

"No," He answered quickly, not even knowing what Sungmin wanted to say. "It's okay," he pulled him to sit beside him and nuzzled his neck. "It''s okay, we're okay."

 

The words came out even before he could stop them and even if he didn't want to imply anything, he knew they were starting to cross a difficult line. He shouldn't, they couldn't but they were holding on to each other. His chest ached he realized his thoughts. Does that mean that when they're out of that place...

 

Sungmin leaned close to him, his face nuzzling his neck as they embraced tightly. He kissed his temple, his thoughts swimming away and were replaced by Sungmin's smile. He reached for his chin and had him look at him. His lips curved to a smile and Sungmin did as well.  It was not just lust after all... it was more than that.

 

He might be falling.... and hard.

 

 

 

 

 

The sound of the spring lulled them to sleep. How they did it, they both couldn't figure but it was moon-high when he sat up.

 

Blinking the sleep away, he stared at the man beside him curled like a cat close to his waist. He smiled, brushing off Sungmin's hair from his beautiful face. He leaned forward and kissed him.  He developed a liking to kissing the blond’s soft lips.

 

He inhaled his scent while allowing his fingers to caress the soft skin, which could be rarely found on men. It was amazing that Sungmin’s physical attributes are similar to a woman’s, yet if you get to know and see him better, he actually acts manlier than him.

 

It wasn't long when a raging noise echoed in his ears.  Sungmin heard it as well. The older jumped, his eyes wide as he panted.

 

“What was that?” he asked him as they stared up the skies. It was obviously not a storm or thunder. There wasn’t anything unusual from the heavens.

 

He shrugged as he stood up, pulling Sungmin with him.

 

“Kyuhyun…”

 

He tightened his hold on the other and smiled. “It’s okay.” He assured and they walked quietly to the shore, caution thumping in their chest.

 

Every step was a struggle as the clearing opened before them. He squinted his eyes as bright light blinded him. The fire had been his refuge in the darkness for days. The heat of the flames, every cackle became music to his ears, and now the simple noise almost sends him deaf.

 

“Kyu!” A voice, a voice different from the sound he had got used to hearing; it was different, almost unfamiliar, and it echoed in his ears. A smaller body wrapped itself around his. He gasped.

 

“Kyuhyun, Oh my goodness, thank God we found you!” He was crying on his chest, he felt his knuckle burying on his skin. He crunched his brows. “Kyu…”

 

He looked down and found the familiar auburn locks tickling his chin. He let out a breath as he finally leaned on the touch.

 

“Ryeowook.”

 

 

%%%%

 

 

He felt the hand around his loosen as the taller man beside him was tackled by another smaller form. He was left speechless as people started to surround them. He saw medics, men in uniform and some cameramen flock closer to them. He took a step backward, overwhelmed with what was happening.

 

He looked around for familiar faces, but he couldn't see anyone. He suddenly felt weak and helpless. 

 

He turned to Kyuhyun and his chest thumped at the sight. A sudden pang hit his chest, and it made him uncomfortable.

 

Biting his lip, he shifted his gaze. He was scared and pained. He took another step. He wanted to call for Kyuhyun to ask for his help but he couldn’t. It seemed that an invisible lump was stuck in his throat and when the hand left him fully and Kyuhyun hugged the unknown person tighter, he felt his vision haze. There was burning in his chest as he fisted his knuckles. He wanted to go away.

 

Isn't this what he had always wanted? Isn't this what he had wished for ever since the shipwreck? Why was he suddenly afraid? Why was there a painful clench in his chest as every event sunk in him, like the cruise ship falling deep to the ocean.

 

He felt his knees touch the ground, a sting hit his skin as he did. He was panting, he could not breathe.

 

He closed his eyes because regrettably... and finally...

 

 

 

 

 

They are saved.

 

 

 

To be continued…