Prologue

Love Wrecked

There was a loud thud in the small, humble apartment followed by a soft curse. He walked fast to where the sounds came from, pushing the private door wide open and stared at the older male. 

He shook his head and smiled. He had that kind smile; soft and endearing. His eyes sparkle every time he did. He walked towards the still cursing man and patted his shoulder. The kneeling man looked up at him, an evident worry in his face. He continued smiling and reached for the other's lips and stretched them wide, forcing a small smile on the raven-haired man.

"I'm twenty-seven, stop worrying about me like I'm seventeen." He murmured softly. "I'll be gone for two weeks." 

He was excited for this day and all he wanted was for people to be happy for him. It's not like he's gonna be gone for a long time.

Older averted his gaze and stood up, brushing his arms away. It hurt him a little. His best friend had been too overprotective of him, almost like a mother and father combined. As much as this should irate him, he can't. Kim Jongwoon is just too precious for him; his best friend since forever.

"Why can't you just take a plane?" Older whined and he giggled.

"It's a cruise. You can't cruise when you're on air," he smiled. "I need this for my final presentation." He sat on the soft mattress of his bed and took his almost-full luggage. Jongwoon had his clothes neatly fixed as well as things he need. "Thanks, hyung." he softly said and he felt soft hand on his black hair. He knew Jongwoon was too much of a paranoid especially when it comes to his safety. He just smiled at him, something to assure his clouded thoughts.

"You'll be okay, Sungmin... right?"

"I will! Promise!"

 


%%%%

 


The documents on the mahogany desk went flying around as he kicked his chair. The day couldn't get any worse as he picked up his phone and shouted through it.

"I changed my mind. I'll take that trip." Without bothering to wait for a response, he ended the call and cursed. He was gonna get away, he needed a clear mind. He was always good in handling things. He could manage companies and employees, he has this superiority with people despite his age. And yet, one man, one man he'd been with for six ing years won't listen to his words just because the idea of working away for the next two weeks was utterly ridiculous and their sixth anniversary is five days away.

He pulled his attache case from underneath his desk and walked out of his office, not minding the people bowing or calling him.

Phone rang as soon as he was seated on his car. He frowned at the message and threw it to the passenger's seat. he kicked on the pedal and dashed back to his flat wanting more than to escape the frustration he's in.

"He just can't understand the world I'm in." he said for the umpteenth time. This was his favorite line for the past six years already, somehow, he's getting tired of it. But damn heart just won't stop.

"Good afternoon,Mr. Cho." the valet greeted him with a silly grin and he nodded a little. He tossed his keys to the lanky man and stopped to look at him, still bowing low.

"I'll be heading to the pier tonight. call a cab for me at exactly 7 pm." He said as he walked straight to the elevator. He needed to be gone for a while. It was the only choice he had.

"Sorry, Wook. Maybe we need this two weeks off each other." He murmured to no one in particular as the elevator car dashed up the top floor.



%%%%

 

The breeze of the ocean touched exposed skins. Unlike air from the center, from the city, it doesn't splice. The scent was not unpleasing, it wasn't good either. It just gives you a sense of serenity, something only the ocean can offer. 

A celebrity cruise ship was seated on the dock, dancing slowly together with the waves in the early night sky. Despite the wind, despite the illuminated darkness, the waves were kind only hitting oh so gently at the shore. Crowds were rustling in excitement as the plank was lowered.

The cruise ship was small, it could only house up to two hundred occupants excluding the crew. It was a celebrity ship, a new one in the country and would run for two weeks pass the Pacific to Japan. 

As soon as it sounded, resonating the whole dock, everyone who had waited scrambled to a line. One by one, they boarded the princess of the sea, enthralled by the incoming experience to each one of them.

Lee Sungmin was part of the enthused crowd. He waved goodbye to his best friend as soon as the ship sounded. He barely managed a hug as the thrill overwhelmed him. He joined the queue, clutching his luggage too tight, as if it could prevent his shaking. He beamed. "This is it."

Cho Kyuhyun was almost at the end of the line, uninterested with anything that was going on. He left his phone, his laptop, anything that connects him to the real world. He wanted the people around him to understand how it feels when he's not around, he want them to long for him. He smirked, "For now, I don't care."

 

 

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

 

 

-how was it? ^^ (Ayen)