My Love Story

One-shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Very First Day of School 

The little boy pulled at his teacher's sleeves. 

" Miss, what is that guy? " the little boy asked and pointed at the other little boy, loitering around the doorway of the class next door.  

The teacher laughed and added, " I'm not very sure either. Why don't you go and say hello, Youngbae?" 

The little boy, Youngbae then slowly walked towards the other cute little boy next door. 

" Hello. I'm Youngbae. " the little boy said and waved at the other cute little boy. 

" Hello. And I'm Jiyong. " the other boy replied and waved back. 

They then smiled widely at each other. 

--

From that day onwards, they became the best of friends. 

Fifteen Years Later

They were still best of friends and often see each other. They would tell each other everything and confide their deepest secrets, except for that one secret that both of them hid deep inside of themselves. That feeling of love that they felt for each other. 

Both of them were too shy to reveal their true feelings and for the fear of losing what they already had, an everlasting friendship. 

They would sit at the park together for hours, talking about anything and everything. Youngbae would always bring his guitar along and talked about his passion to music. Jiyong would talk about his dreams and aspirations and his big day, the day that he would become someone else's husband. He had planned it all already. 

He would always say to Youngbae, " Hey, I'll invite you to my future wedding. You will have the seat at the front row, I promise. " 

Everytime Youngbae heard those words, he would stop and thought to himself, " But I don't want to be the person who sits at the front row. I want to be the person, waiting for you at the end of the aisle. The person who will take your hand in the wedding. No matter what others will say or talk about us, I still want to be with you, only you, Jiyong~ah." 

Little did Youngbae know, that exact same time, he would be thinking at these same thoughts, Jiyong would be thinking, " Please Youngbae. Please stop me and tell me that you just want to be the guy standing next to me and be the first gay couple. And that you want to be the one waiting for me to walk down the aisle and just say those three words that would mean the world to me."

But of course, Youngbae did not.

~

One day, Youngbae was taking a stroll around the neighbourhood. He took a left turn at the cornershop and all he saw was nothing, but pain... 

Jiyong was walking hand in hand with another man. The couple came closer and kissed. Youngbae could not handle it anymore and quickly ran back home, thinking that the girl didn't notice him. Mere words could not express the pain he felt inside. 

He had felt as though his whole word came crashing down on him.

The Next Morning 

Please log in to read the full chapter