I'm Sorry, My Love. (Part 1)

One-shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jiyong's POV:

I was walking along the seaside and sat down on the last fifty yards of beach. I cried. I never ever cried so much in my life. There is this deep well inside me. It is a bottomless pit and when it does have an end, it is nothing but pain. I felt numb and weak, fragile and pathetic. 

I got up and brushed the sand off my pants, as if I have somewhere to go. I did not. I only wander hopelessly, hands hanging loosely like they were dead. My eyes stung from never-ending-tears. I kicked the sand frustratedly and shouted as loud as I could to ease the pain. However, the pain did not disappear. 

I remembered that sky. It was the same sky as five summers ago. The only difference was that it was much lighter than sky blue. TOP and I were skipping lesson and loitering at the school rooftop. We had a great chat. We laughed over something that I couldn't remember. He lingered on and on towars the glaring light the sun radiated. His tall portrait was a perfect picture. 

"What are you doing?" I asked. 

He tilted his head and smiled broadly at me. Then he said something. Something that I have long forgotten. I did not remember. I even had forgotten his real name, even though he used to be one of my closest buddies. Even though I always called him by his real name long time ago. 

It did not matter anymore. 

Bigbang was over. Everyone went on their own way. We were still buddies after that, but were not as close as before. Especially him. He and I went on a completely different direction. It was not used to be like that at all. I felt my heart ripped apart whenever I walked along the beach because when I turned aroung, I expected two sets of footprints when there would only be one. It hurts a lot. When he was with me, though, it was enjoyable, wonderful. My mind is caught within strings of memories. Somehow, amongst those random thoughts, I dreaded to forget him. 

Back then, when I was seventeen, I ran away from home. I could not handle my parents' expectation any longer. Getting a perfect score, going to M-University, graduating, becoming a businessman, etc., no matter how many times had I told them that I want to be a singer. I could not help , but shouted at them, quickly packing my stuffs and rushed out the door. I did not look back. I seriously thought that I would never return.

Please log in to read the full chapter