That Girl Is Mine

My Dancing Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4XRaqWYU7k


After seeing Teen Top, the three reunited the next day at school with giant smiles. Mizuki thought they were all unbelievably cute, whereas Seoul was completely hypnotised by CAP.

And Rachel watched Changjo’s impassive face the entire night. She wondered what his problem was. Did something happen before they arrived?

The bell rang, and as they walked into the classroom, the teacher was standing next to a new student. Everyone sat down, and the three girls wondered who the new student was, since they had their head down.
“I wonder who it is,” Mizuki asked.
“I recognise the hair from somewhere...” Seoul replied.
“We’ll find out in minute,” Rachel replied quietly as the teacher asked for silence.

“Students, we have a new addition to the class room. Please, introduce yourself,” the teacher looked at the student.
The student lifted his head, and most of the girls in the class screamed.
“Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Ahn Daniel.” He said after the screams faded.

Rachel, Mizuki and Seoul sat at their desks with their mouths open. Niel looked at Rachel and winked. The rest of the girls in the class were talking loudly amongst themselves, excited that one of the members of Teen Top was attending their school.

No-one even noticed Changjo attended also. It made Rachel’s heart ache.

Rachel realised the seat beside hers was empty, and Niel saw the seat also. He walked over, managing to evade the countless pieces of paper and pens directed at him. The boys in the class grumbled, annoyed that a famous person was in their class. Niel sat down next to Rachel, and set down his bag.
“Long time no see,” Niel said.
“Yeah, what brought you here?” Rachel replied.
“Nothing, I transferred schools.” Niel said.
 

“Daniel? Your real name is Daniel?” Seoul asked at lunch.
“I'm the only member that got their stage name from their real one.” Niel replied.
“So, I think I'm going to call you Daniel from now on.” Seoul smiled.
“You’re gonna start calling everyone by their real name?” Mizuki asked, directing her gaze from Jung-Hwa to Seoul.
“What? I just like the sound of Daniel. It’s a nice change.” Seoul countered, playing with her chopsticks.

Niel laughed.
“Not used to them yet?” Rachel asked, turning to face him.
“Not yet. They seem so...”
“Free.” Rachel finished, looking at her food.
“Yeah, things were quiet back at my old school. It’s a nice thing I came here.”
“Why’s that?”
“I get to see you every day.”

Rachel felt blood rush to her cheeks, and she smiled lightly. “Thanks.”
“Hey,” Niel began.
Rachel tried to will down her scarlet cheeks.
“Hm?” she replied, looking up.
Niel moved forward, looked her right in the eye.

“Am I interrupting?” Changjo stood in front of the two, crossing his arms.
“No!” Rachel jumped, moving away from Niel.
Changjo looked at Niel, slightly annoyed that he still had that look in his eyes.
“I need to talk to you Rachel.” Changjo sighed, avoiding her gaze.
“Alone!?” Seoul asked, looking at Changjo with expectant eyes.
“Very funny Seoul.” Changjo replied.

Niel began to steal Rachel’s food, and he grinned as she didn’t notice.

“Do I need to move?” Rachel asked, pouting slightly.
“Aegyo?” Mizuki asked, looking at Rachel’s pout.
“I'm not good with aegyo, you know that.” Rachel replied.
Mizuki looked at Jung-Hwa, as if expecting some kind of aegyo from him.

Changjo nodded, and Rachel got up, Niel taking her lunch box and continuing to eat.
“Pabo, don’t eat all of it!” Rachel rolled her eyes as Niel winked, grinning wildly.

As Changjo started to walk away from the group, he turned back to look at Rachel.
“You seem like you’re having fun over there,” he said, his jaw tight.
“We are. Why don’t you join us?” Rachel asked, looking back at Niel.
“Hyung looks like he already filled the void. You don’t need me.” Changjo replied blankly.
Rachel frowned at his irritated tone. “Jonghyun,”
“What?” he asked.
Rachel stepped back. “What the hell is wrong with you?”
“...Nothing.” he growled.
“Look, if you’re so angry, you can sit with us too. Please don’t act like we’re in elementary.”
“Hell, Rachel, I'm a member of Teen Top too!! And I don’t even get noticed that I'm one of the members. But when Niel hyung transfers here, he gets all the attention. Better yet, he’s in yourclass.
“So, you’re looking for attention now? That’s not the Jonghyun I know.”
“Then what is?”
Rachel glared at him, and then looked away, silence in the air.
“...you don’t even know me?” Changjo whispered.
“Jonghyun...please.” Rachel swallowed, and hesitantly placed a hand on his shoulder.
“I don’t need to sit with you guys. Niel hyung would probably boss me around anyway. I'm going. See you later.” Changjo shrugged off her hand, and started to walk away.

Rachel watched him, and turned around, walking back towards the group. The air was tense, as the group could see Rachel’s current conversation.
“What happened?” Seoul asked.
Rachel shook her head, and took her lunchbox back from Niel.
“Nothing.”

“Didn’t Look like nothing...” Seoul whispered as she followed Jonghyun out of the classroom.

***

It was November, and Teen Top readied themselves to get on the plane for Japan’s fan meeting. Fans swarmed outside Incheon airport bidding them farewell. Changjo didn’t hear anything from Rachel since their ‘argument’ and decided to put it off until later. He knew she couldn’t stay mad for long. Niel on the other hand talked to Rachel the previous night, telling her the set list for their performances. As the flight was ready for boarding, Ricky gave the fans a last wave, setting off high pitched screams throughout the airport.
“Look what you did Ricky,” Chunji sighed, and pushed Ricky towards the front of the group.

Changjo gave one last glance at the fans, and quickly took out his phone, sending a text message and boarding the plane, hoping she would reply before takeoff.

Rachel sat on Seoul’s bed, the two watching variety shows on YouTube until Rachel’s phone beeped.
Seoul grabbed her phone, and opened the message.
“Ooh, it’s Changjo.” Seoul said.
“Give me the phone!” Rachel replied, taking it off Seoul’s open palm.

 I'm sorry. Wish me luck in Japan? <3

Rachel typed furiously, and sent the message, chucking her phone on the bed before resuming the video.

Changjo’s phone vibrated on the make-shift table at the back of the seat, and he unlocked his phone, ignoring the safety speech the attendants were doing.

Good luck Dancing Boy. <3

Changjo felt a smile on his lips, and he put his phone on ‘flight mode’ leaving the message open.
“Dongsaeng,” Niel waved his hand, getting Changjo’s attention.
“What?” Changjo replied, almost harshly.
“Do you like Rachel?” Niel asked quietly as the plane began to move.
“...Why?” Changjo replied.
“Do you?”
Changjo decided to shake his head, just to know why Niel was asking.
“That’s good.”
“Hyung?”
“I'm planning to ask her out.”

Changjo felt his heart go cold, and he turned away from Niel, staring out the window for the rest of the flight.