My Anger Brought Me Ruin

My Dancing Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZp05XkLbp8


Changjo began to hate the silence, and decided to go upstairs and into his room. He walked out, leaving Niel alone and went up the stairs with the thought of not disturbing anyone and going straight to his room. As he opened the door, he realised that the girls were visiting, but paid no real attention to them.

Until he saw Rachel.

Changjo stood in shock for a moment before getting noticed by Ricky.
“WAH! Changjo, you’re not supposed to be here until tomorrow!” Ricky shook his head.
Changjo swallowed. “Mianhae hyung. I just wanted to go to my room.”

Rachel looked at the ground, pretending not to notice Changjo.

CAP shrugged, and Changjo told himself to move, but he couldn't.

The girls sat quietly, while Rachel stood up.
“I'm going to see Niel. Bye everyone,” Rachel waved, and the others waved back. Seoul had a flash of worry in her eyes, hoping Changjo didn’t hear what she said. Changjo felt his fists clench, and he finally started to move towards his room. Rachel continued to hold his letter, and as they passed each other, Changjo felt like they were the only two in the world.

Rachel looked in the opposite direction, not wanting to see Changjo but feeling the same.

They both couldn't feel the six pairs of eyes on them or the tense air.

It was just them.

Changjo had the urge to hold her back. To apologize for any wrong he did to her but he was too late to do so as he realised that she was gone. The ‘click’ of the door was the last sound he heard as Changjo quickly walked to his room.

***

Niel started to find the book boring, getting up to see if the girls were at the dorm. As he walked up the stairs himself, he saw Rachel closing the door.
“Rachel?” Niel asked, surprised that she was there.
“Niel, I was about to go and see you,” she smiled brightly.
“Did something happen to you? Did you eat too much sugar? You seem excited,” Niel walked up to her, and she rolled her eyes.
“I didn’t eat anything pabo, I just wanted to see you.”
“Don't you want to see Changjo too?”
“...No.”

Niel felt his eyes widen at her reply. Did he win? Was he the one she chose? Was Changjo forever out of the picture?  He wasn’t sure if he was happy or not.
“So, what does that mean for me?” Niel asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

Rachel smiled. “It’s you and me now.”

***

Changjo walked into his room, and he sat on his desk, staring at the wooden pattern. As he looked, he realised that the letter was missing. He stood up, and started to shuffle through the papers on his desks, and he found himself starting to throw things all over the place.
“OMONA! WHERE THE HELL IS IT?!” Changjo yelled, and he looked under his bed, his pillow, his closet and every pocket on his clothing.

Seoul opened the door to his room, and closed it quickly to avoid the book that was thrown in her direction.
“Changjo,” she whispered, scared for her life.
Changjo started to hyperventilate, and stood in the middle of his now messy room. “I don't know where it is.” He said.
Seoul opened the door wider. “What are you looking for?”
Changjo ran a hand through his hair. “My letter.”

Seoul knew exactly what he was talking about, and she turned her head to look at CAP.
“Changjo, we need to talk,” Seoul said, coming into the room. CAP followed, and he stood behind Seoul.
“What? Why? Hyung?” Changjo looked at the both of them.

CAP cleared his throat. “I was in your room yesterday, looking for a book.”
“Okay, and?” Changjo replied.
“I found the letter on the desk.”
“What? You weren’t supposed to touch that!” Changjo held his breath.
“There’s more,” Seoul said, holding her hands out.

Changjo looked at her. “Where did it go? Where did you put it? Where is it now?”
Seoul bit her lip. “Rachel.”
“What about her?”
“She chose Niel, Changjo.”

Changjo waited, and listened for more.
“She chose him because you’re her past, and he’s her future. She’s moved on, and she wished that you said something earlier, instead of saying something when Niel did.” CAP motioned to put a hand on Changjo’s shoulder.

Changjo shrugged CAP’s hand off. “You’re lying.”
“I'm not Changjo.” CAP replied.
“Don't comfort me. I don't need it. You’re lying. You have my letter, and Rachel is just having another bad day.”
“He’s telling the truth Changjo,” Seoul said.

Changjo shook his head, not wanting to hear any more lies. “Stop it. Stop talking. Just give me my letter and this will all be over.”
CAP sighed. “I don't have it Changjo.”
“Where is it then?” Changjo’s voice rose.
Seoul looked at the ground. “Rachel has it.”

Changjo found himself storming out of the room, determined to find Rachel who would provide all the answers to his questions. Were CAP and Seoul really telling the truth? In his fit of rage, Changjo swung open the door and walked out onto the hallway.

His heart froze at the sight.  

It was Niel and Rachel, standing further down the hallway, near the stairs. Niel was standing close, leaning down to kiss Rachel, who was slowly moving closer towards Niel. It was like she wanted to get rid of the space between them.

Changjo watched as their lips connected, and he saw that Rachel was holding something.

 

 

 

It was his letter.