Who

My Dancing Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2veFtpS_34


 

“How was Japan?” Rachel asked, continuing to eat the cereal out of the box.
“It was good. Did I miss anything in school?” Changjo replied, hearing Niel’s door slam shut.

Changjo smiled at his success.

“Nothing really, but you’re class might be ahead of ours...” Rachel chewed.
“...Are you eating something?” Changjo asked.
“Oh...Just some dry cereal...” Rachel fought a laugh.
Changjo was silent for a second, hearing the door open again.
“Jonghyun?” she asked, worried he hung up on her.
“I'm here. Sorry, I thought I heard something.” Changjo replied, looking at Niel’s door.

They continued to talk, and Niel decided to interrupt their conversation. He wasn’t going down without a fight.
“Rachel! Don't listen to him! I'm the only one for you! Changjo won’t love like I will!” Niel stood behind Changjo, and talked loudly into the phone.
Rachel frowned, hearing a voice in the background. Changjo clenched his teeth, and looked at Niel, who had a proud expression on his face.
“Pabo, you’re not supposed to talk loudly when someone’s on the phone,” Changjo muttered.
“Jonghyun, was that Niel?” Rachel asked.
Changjo mumbled into the phone, confirming Rachel’s assumption.

Niel continued to talk into the phone, despite Changjo holding it to his ear. Niel gave Changjo a look, hoping to get Changjo angry to the point of hanging up, just so Niel could call her back.
“Look, it seems you’re busy. I don’t want to mess up your schedule so I'm going to hang up now okay? I’ll see you at school.” Rachel hung up, and left Changjo listening to the dial tone.
Changjo swallowed, and put his phone down.

“Oh, did she hang up? Maybe I can call her!” Niel said, walking towards his room.
“She doesn’t want to mess up our schedule.” Changjo replied blankly.
“We don’t have one today. Didn’t you tell her?” Niel stopped, smiling.
“...No.” Changjo looked away, ending the conversation.

Niel walked back into his room, and took his phone from the bed, ready to call her, but decided not to. I’ll ask her during school. Niel thought.

Meanwhile, Changjo tried to slow his rapid breathing. He wanted to punch something. He stood up, and went to the dance studio, thinking some Tae Kwon Do would take his mind off things.

***

It was Sunday, and Rachel the computer, deciding to read some online books when her homepage popped up.

Teen Top covered every inch of the screen, and showed how popular they were becoming. She looked at the photos, seeing them with makeovers due to their stylists. Although their ‘clap’ promotions ended, they still held some interest on TV.

Rachel couldn't wait until they were featured on Variety Shows.

She logged onto a social networking site, and a message was sent to her.

“Hey, did you want to go out today?” The message came from Mizuki.
“Yeah sure, what time?” Rachel replied, keeping her homepage open just to see the photos of Teen Top.
“In a couple of hours. It was kind of impromptu, since Seoul wanted to go somewhere that didn’t have anything to do with nature.”
“That’s a first.”
“Well hurry up and get ready, we’ll meet you at the station.”

Rachel logged off, and quickly told her mum she was going out. As Rachel walked out of the door, she thought about what Changjo was doing. Was he recording? Dancing? She still wondered why Niel was saying those things over the phone.

Changjo couldn't possibly like her, could he?

Rachel shrugged off the impossible thought, and went to the train station.

***

As the three walked around in the city, they approached the arcade, and went inside. Mizuki had the urge to play Technika, whereas Seoul wanted to play DDR. Rachel on the other hand felt the compelling urge to play the car racing games. Cars held a special place in her heart, and she planned on getting the Nissan GTR when she was older. She didn’t care whether she was girl and couldn't handle the throttle. She loved the car.

But not as much as Changjo. No matter how many times she denied the fact that she did.

And she completely hated that about herself.

“Ya! Rachel! Help me with Technika!” Mizuki waved for her to come over. Rachel obliged, and the three spent most of the day in the arcade, spending most of their money.

On the train home, they somehow got onto the topic of Teen Top.
“Do you think CAP will transfer schools too? That would be amazing.” Seoul said, grinning.
“They may as well just all transfer to our school.” Mizuki replied, shaking her head at Seoul’s suggestion.
“And that would be chaos. Think of all the girls in our school. If all the members were there, they would have to do continuous performances at lunch,” Rachel said.
“Speaking of members, I wonder why Niel is giving you so much attention...” Mizuki looked out the window.
“I think he likes you,” Seoul said, being careful to not break her promise with Changjo.
“It’s kind of obvious; he looks like he’ll do anything for you.” Mizuki mumbled.
“You think Changjo likes you too?” Seoul asked, being careful with her choice of words.
“It could explain why he was really annoyed about Niel sitting with us,” Rachel replied.
“There you go. But what if he’s just being a good friend?” Mizuki looked Rachel.

“He wanted attention.” Rachel said.
“But he’s not the type.” Seoul replied.
“So who was he trying to get attention from?” Mizuki asked.

Rachel shrugged, and looked out the window. “Maybe he was just looking out for me.”
The other two nodded, while Seoul held her tongue, fighting the urge to tell her about Changjo’s expression.

Rachel started to think of Changjo as a friend, nothing else.

But she knew Niel was looking for something else.