She Loves Me PART I

My Dancing Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbbqqzt8CSw


Changjo and Niel received a flurry of questions as soon as they got to the dorm that afternoon. Changjo kept his mouth shut, and Niel vaguely described the scene.
“Omona, you look horrible,” Ricky handed Niel the tube of antiseptic cream.
“I'm not even going to ask. Just get those cuts cleaned up, or we’ll get in trouble.” CAP sighed, and focused his eyes back onto his book.
Chunji threw the box of bandaids towards Changjo, who catched it easily. “We’ll still have to continue promotions, so you better come up with some good excuses for Manager and the stylists.”

L.Joe directed his gaze towards the injured members as well, curiosity taking over his mind.
“...I want to know why you two are beaten up.”
Niel shook his head. “It’s not important.”
L.Joe raised an eyebrow. “Yes it is, or else you would have told us already.”

“Niel punched me.” Changjo said.
Niel turned to face Changjo, gritting his teeth. “I punched him because he stole Rachel.”
“Stole?” CAP asked, putting his book down.
“They went out.” Niel replied.
“It was my birthday present.” Changjo countered.

Ricky pouted, starting to dislike the hate that was appearing. “Stop it everyone,” he whispered.
Chunji nodded. “Ricky’s right. You guys are taking this too far. We’re a team, right?”

L.Joe smiled in approval. “Yup. Team. Start acting like one you two.”

Changjo and Niel nodded, heading to the bathroom. Niel walked faster and slammed the door in Changjo’s face. Changjo resisted punching the door, and turned around, going towards his room until the bathroom was free.

***

Rachel began to feel like a lost soul. She got up each morning, ate breakfast and went to school. Mizuki and Seoul tried to talk to her, but to no avail. They started to worry, and Rachel completely ignored Teen Top, refusing to go to the dorm whenever the girls were invited. Rachel started to block out anything to do with Teen Top and eventually she stopped listening to the radio to avoid them. She stopped watching music shows, and started to actually do her homework. She no longer stayed up late, and her phone was off after school.

Mizuki and Seoul were at the dorm, but it was only Changjo and Niel that were present. The fight resulted in Changjo having a black eye, while Niel had a busted lip. Seoul slammed her hands on the kitchen table, which all three were sitting at.
“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO RACHEL?!” she yelled loudly, making Niel jump.
“...Nothing.” Changjo replied.
“That’s a whole load of crap Choi Jonghyun.” Seoul snapped.
“Since when did you start using my real name?” Changjo replied.
“Since I got pissed at you. Tell me what you did to her, or I’ll gouge your eye out with a spoon.”
Niel fought a snicker.  Seoul directed her glare to him.
“Shut up busted lip!” she ordered. Niel stopped laughing, and sat quietly.
Changjo crossed his arms. “I didn’t do anything Seoul-ah. Ask Niel.”

Mizuki stood there quietly, waiting for the right moment. Seoul looked at Niel, who shrunk back into the chair.
“Alright, your turn. What did you do to Rachel?”
Neil swallowed. “She looked like she was upset. I asked her what was wrong. Turns out she went out with Changjo.” Niel looked to the seat across from him.
Changjo looked back, his mouth in a thin line.
Seoul directed her gaze back to Changjo. “Alright, so she went out with you?” she asked.
Changjo nodded. “Yes, she did.”
Niel tapped his hand on the table, beginning to feel uncomfortable.
“And?” Seoul crossed her arms.

Changjo smiled lightly. “Nothing happened. It was just an average day.”
Niel rolled his eyes, and continued to tap his hand on the table.
“Fine, I believe you. You, on the other hand,” Seoul looked at Niel and raised an eyebrow.
Niel looked back. “What about me?”
“There’s a reason why she’s avoiding you, even the others who didn’t do anything in the first place.” Mizuki replied.
Niel cleared his throat. “Fine. After I asked what was wrong with her, she said that she was trying to figure out something. It had something to do with what Changjo.” Niel pointed across the table, and Changjo resisted the urge to stand up and point back.
“Changjo said it was an average day. Unless he’s lying?” Seoul asked.
“Of course he’s lying.” Niel countered.
“I didn’t do anything! You have to ask Rachel,” Changjo replied.

“That’s the thing! She won’t talk to us either you pabo! She won’t even answer her phone! Every time we try to talk to her, she goes away! YOU TWO ARE THE BAKAS THAT DECIDED TO MAKE HER INTO A SOULESS PERSON!” Mizuki tapped into her Japanese roots, calling Changjo and Niel the Japanese equivalent of ‘pabo.’ Niel and Changjo sat quietly, shocked by Mizuki’s words.

“Well, I guess we better go to Rachel’s place and check up on her.” Seoul turned towards the door, and Mizuki followed leaving the two boys alone.

***

Rachel sat on her desk, working on another assignment. She sat in silence, and occasionally looked out the window, watching the sky. Blue, grey, black. She resisted turning on her iPod, and started to write again. As she started to write another sentence, she heard the doorbell ring.
“Umma!” Rachel called, hoping her mother would get the door.
“You’ll have to get the door, I'm doing something,” Rachel’s mother replied, and Rachel heaved a sigh, starting to move down the stairs. She opened the door to see Mizuki and Seoul standing in front of her.
“Annyong,” they said.
Rachel smiled lightly. “Annyong. Mianhae, I didn’t mean to ignore you.” She replied.
“It’s alright. But we want to know why you did in the first place.” Seoul said, looking at her expectantly.
“Come in, I’ll explain.” Rachel opened the door wider, and let them in. As they all sat on couch, Rachel’s mother walked down the stairs.
“Oh! Hello you two.” Rachel hung her head as her mother greeted her friends excitedly.
Seoul waved. “Hello.”
“Did you want to eat anything at all?” Rachel asked before her mother could.
Before the girls replied, Rachel yelled. “Mum! They don't wanna eat anything.”

Mizuki laughed as Rachel’s mother walked away, confusion on her face.
“So what happened?” Seoul asked.
“Jonghyun is confusing me. He seems to want what Niel wants, and that made them beat each other up in the classroom.” Rachel replied.
“Don't tell me. They want you, right?” Mizuki asked.
“Apparently. Changjo wanted me to go out with him.” Rachel leaned into the couch.
“And what made you think he wants you?”
“I doubt he does, he’s probably just playing around with Me.”
“So, Changjo’s a player?” Mizuki asked.
Rachel shrugged. “I don't even know what I want anymore. Seriously, I like Jonghyun, but I'm starting to love Niel as well. Far out.”
Seoul looked around, suddenly remembering Changjo’s confession.
“Changjo isn’t a player. He’s probably just...figuring out something. Don't worry about him.” Seoul stated.
“He’s one of my closest friends, this is going to be really awkward.” Rachel sighed.

The three continued to talk, and eventually they left, leaving Rachel alone again.

***

Changjo sat in his room, and suddenly remembered that Rachel was still taking Tae Kwon Do classes. He thought about seeing the dojo again, and started to change from his nightclothes to go and visit. He wondered if she would be there, and he stared at his letter that was still on his desk.

Would I even give it to her? Let alone have her read it? he thought, going out the door. L.Joe saw Changjo coming out of his room all dressed up.
“Whoa, where are you going?” L.Joe asked.
Changjo shrugged. “For a walk. Don't tell Niel?”
“Why would I? It’s not like you’re going to see Rachel are you?” L.Joe took a bite from his toast.
Changjo looked at the ground. “...Not...really.”
“Oh My God.” L.Joe spoke in English.
“What?” Changjo asked back, using his English as well.

“Teen top scandal. You better not get caught Changjo.” L.Joe went back to Korean, and laughed as Changjo walked towards the door.
“Don't tell him.” Changjo replied, and walked out, closing the door quietly.

***

Rachel was sparring in the empty dojo, going through the routines one by one. She heard the door open, and ignored it, hoping it was just a cleaner.

Instead she heard a familiar voice.

“Annyong, Rachel-ah. I haven’t seen you in a while.” Changjo said, his voice echoing.
Rachel turned around. “Hello.”
“How are you?” he asked, walking closer towards her.
“Good.” She replied.
She started to spar again to avoid looking at him.
“Will you ever visit with the others again?” he asked.

Rachel kept shut, but instead fired back with another question.
“Did you make up with Niel?”

Changjo smiled at her evasion. “No, I didn’t.”

Rachel started to hit the dummy harder.

“Why did you want me to go out with you for your birthday?” she asked, this time walking up to him. He grew more, and she had to tilt her head a bit higher.
He shrugged. “I love you, and you’re not going to be with anymore but me.”

Rachel frowned. “You avoided the question.”
“I said something better than that.” Changjo replied.
“You’re just saying that. You don't love me.”
Changjo smiled. “You don't believe me?”
“Should I?”
Changjo leaned towards her. “Yes, you should Rachel-ah.” And he quickly pressed his lips against hers before she could reply. As Rachel froze, he pulled away slowly, and turned to leave.

“Goodbye.”