Come Back to Me

My Dancing Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-CwL55vhbU


Teen Top invited the girls over to their dorm again one day, and Rachel knocked on their door once more. This time Ricky opened the door.
“Annyong!” he smiled brightly, enhancing his cute features. He opened the door wider, and let them in.

The girls were welcomed with a half-messy and half-clean dorm. The boys were still walking around picking up rubbish.
“Hey, good to see you again,” Chunji waved as he threw an old magazine into the bin.
Rachel waved back. “Thanks for inviting us.”

CAP walked out, looking like he just came out of the shower, his hair still wet. He was wearing a white singlet, and baggy pants. The sight almost rendered Seoul to unconsciousness. CAP saw her expression, and he winked, just to make things better. Seoul held a hand to , restraining her rapid breathing.
“Omona, calm down Seoul!” Mizuki whispered.
CAP chuckled, and went to sit on the couch, giving a look to Seoul that almost said “join me”.
“Where’s everyone else?” Rachel asked, looking around. L.Joe, Niel and Changjo were absent.

“They’re at the dance studio, they should be coming up any minute now,” Chunji replied.
“Do they know we’re here?” Mizuki looked towards the door.
“They should, everyone was here when we called you.” Ricky walked over to the couch, pouting subconsciously.

The door opened, and the rest of the boys walked in, Changjo being the last. As Niel and L.Joe walked further into the dorm, they saw the girls, and bowed. The girls bowed back, and everyone ended up sitting on the large couch. Changjo looked at Rachel the whole time, knowing his feelings for her were true. Every time she smiled, he ended up doing it also. It was a good think no-one else noticed.
Niel was doing the same thing and he was able to sit next to her. Changjo wanted to punch something again. Jealousy is a mean thing, Changjo thought to himself.

As the group conversation continued, Niel pulled Rachel away from the group for a minute. The two walked away and went into the kitchen, sparking the curiosity of the others, especially Changjo.
“So, what did you want to ask?” Rachel asked, looking up at Niel politely.
Niel smiled. “I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me on Friday.”
Rachel felt her cheeks burn.

The others were outside of the kitchen, intently listening. Changjo was at the back, refusing to hear whatever they were talking about.

“Friday?” Rachel asked.
Niel nodded, waiting for a reply.
“...Okay.” Rachel nodded, smiling lightly.
Niel grinned, and hugged her. Rachel’s eyes widened as Niel hugged her, but she realised it wasn’t bad at all. Actually, Niel wasn’t just skinny, he had muscle also.
“Great. How about I meet you at your house?”
“Don't come in, my mum will kill me. Especially if you’re famous.” Rachel grinned.
“I won’t. I’ll get the address off you at school?”
Rachel nodded, and the two began to walk out of the kitchen.

“OMONA! Quick, to the couch!” Chunji pushed everyone, and everyone quickly moved to sit back where they were. Changjo was already sitting down, and he watched as they all rushed. Everyone started to talk randomly, hoping that Rachel and Niel didn’t notice the silence, and as they walked out of the kitchen, the silence returned.
“What happened? I thought you guys were talking,” Rachel looked at everyone.

Ricky laughed, and everyone started at him in shock horror.
“What’s so funny?” Niel asked.
“Nothing!” Seoul replied, slapping Ricky on the arm who still couldn't control his laughter.

Rachel sat on the couch, and Changjo looked at her. She looked back, and saw the absentness in his eyes. He looked away, and decided to have some eye contact with the walls.
“Well, you guys better not be doing anything special on Friday,” Niel grinned towards Rachel.
“Why? I'm sure we can do something on Friday. What, you got a date or something?” CAP crossed his arms, while L.Joe and Chunji chuckled to themselves.
Mizuki and Seoul glared at Rachel, demanding an un-needed explanation. Rachel glared back, and decided to poke her tongue out.

Changjo watched the scene before him, Niel acting extremely confident, CAP patiently waiting for an explanation, L.Joe, Chunji and Ricky laughing too hard to notice anything else and Rachel who was having a glare contest with Seoul and Mizuki. Changjo was glad that he didn’t have to take part in any of this. He was glad that he didn’t have to worry about anyone getting mad at him for not saying anything. He was glad that she found someone.

But Changjo could still feel a heavy weight on his heart.

***

Rachel was standing outside her house, absent-mindedly looking at the sky until someone whistled. She looked down, nervous as to why there was a whistle in the first place.

Instead she saw Niel standing in front of the gate, and he waved. She waved back, and walked towards him, opening then closing the gate behind her.

“You ready to go?” Niel asked, smiling brightly.
Rachel nodded, and they started to walk away.

***

 Mizuki stood at the train station, waiting for Seoul to arrive. As soon as they left the Teen Top dorm, they had the plan of following their friend on the date. The train pulled in, and stopped, while Seoul opened the door and hopped out.
“I'm pretty excited about this. Do you know where she is?” Seoul asked as they walked up the stairs and onto the road.
“I think she’s just out of the house. We’ll be able to see them if they’re heading anywhere special.” Mizuki smiled, and they started to walk the way to Rachel’s house.
“Did he say he was coming?” Seoul looked at Mizuki, who was fiddling with her phone.
“We’re meeting him just around the corner.”

***

Changjo was standing in front of the corner store, hands in his pockets. He looked around nervously, waiting. Changjo knew he shouldn’t have accepted the offer, but it was too tempting.

To be able to see her, even though she was with someone else.

It was an opportunity he couldn't miss, despite his ignorance.

He saw two approaching figures, and realised it was Rachel’s friends. He waited for them to pass, then he started to walk with them.
“Are you sure we should be doing this?” Changjo asked, looking around. He missed walking in the street without having screaming girls running after him.
“We’ll be fine! Just as long as we don’t walk too close,” Seoul walked happily down the footpath.
“I don’t think we’ll do that in the first place,” Mizuki said, shaking her head slightly.
“Where are we going anyway?” Changjo asked, quickening his pace to keep up with them.

“We’re going towards Rachel’s house. We might see them on the way.” Seoul pointed down the street.
Changjo nodded to himself. He had never been to Rachel’s place before. He settled on remembering the way, just in case.

As they turned another corner, they saw Rachel and Niel on the other side of the street, heading towards the main road. The three stopped dead, and Seoul walked ahead to see which way they were going.
“Omona! They’re heading towards the Amusement Park.” Seoul said.
“That makes our job way easier.” Mizuki chirped, and she started to cross the road. Changjo kept quiet, and followed, anxious about the rest of the night.

***

Niel and Rachel walked around the park, enjoying themselves thoroughly as they played games and ate various candies. They walked past the Horror house, and Niel started to pull Rachel towards it.
“No! I hate horror!” Rachel pulled away, and Niel laughed, continuing to pull her into the house.
“You’ll be fine! I’ll hold your hand.” Niel replied confidently, and they reached the house, standing in line.
“Omona, I'm gonna die. I don’t wanna go in there. It’s creepy!” Rachel jumped up and down.
Niel held her shoulders. “You’ll be fine. I promise.”

Rachel stopped jumping, and hesitantly nodded.

Mizuki, Seoul and Changjo sat in front of the food stand, watching Niel and Rachel walk into the Horror house. Changjo twisted his lips. She absolutely hates horror. What are you trying to do Niel? He thought.
Seoul and Mizuki had the same look on their faces, unsure if Niel’s action was a good one.
“You think she’ll be traumatised?” Seoul asked.
“I think she’ll have lots of nightmares. She can’t deal with horror, even if it’s fake.” Mizuki replied crossing his arms.
Changjo was silent, and he waited impatiently, hoping Rachel would be okay.
“Oh look, is that them?” Seoul pointed at the exit.

Rachel and Niel walked out, Rachel having her eyes closed.

And tightly holding Niel’s hand.

Changjo bit his tongue, drawing blood and resisting the urge to yell at his ‘hyung’.

***

Niel led Rachel out of the house. “We’re out.”
Rachel opened her eyes, relieved to see the park again. “Thank god.”
Niel looked at his hand, which was still held tightly. “It wasn’t that bad, wasn’t it?”
Rachel looked up at him. “I hardly opened my eyes.”
“But you got through Rachel. That’s the important thing. Do you still hate horror?” Niel smiled lightly.
Rachel shook her head. “Not as much. Gomawo, Niel.”

Niel was pleased that she hadn’t realised she was still holding his hand.
“How about we go to the Ferris Wheel?” Niel asked.
“Ok.” Rachel started to walk, leading Niel this time.

***

Changjo knew exactly where they were going as soon as they left the Horror house.
Seoul and Mizuki followed. “Changjo, where are you going?” Seoul asked, jogging to keep up with him.
“Ferris Wheel. You have to go on the same time they do.” Changjo replied, looking up at the blood orange sky. It was sunset. The perfect time for a Ferris Wheel ride.

And Changjo wasn’t with her. He bit the inside of his cheek as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

“Aren't you coming too?” Mizuki asked.
“No, I'm afraid of heights.” Changjo slowed down, seeing that they were almost right behind Rachel and Niel.
“Seriously? You don’t look like it,” Seoul walked beside him.
“Yeah, that’s what most people say.”

They reached the wheel, and they stood in the line as people started to go into the carriages. Rachel and Niel went in one, while Mizuki and Seoul went in three carriages after. The wheel started to spin, and Changjo sat on a bench, watching it move. It was a slow ride, and it stopped every now and then as more people went in.

Changjo regretted following Rachel and Niel. He realised that he didn’t want to see her smile with someone else but him. As he focused his eyes on Niel and Rachel’s carriage, he started to sing quietly:

The space between us is long and dark
Just like the nights I’ve waited for you
I hope this isn’t the end, I wanna go back
Things you wanted
I’ve fixed all of it
Where did you go, I'm all alone and lonely

Even today’s breeze
Feels real cold
But how do you manage to look so fine
Although you’re always clueless
All you have to do is smile just like back in the day

You’re the one for me
I'm in pain because of you
I try to forget you, but it doesn’t help
I just end up hating you

That’s why I can’t do it
I wonder if you know that
I'm always missing you

You're the one for me
I'm in pain because of you
I try to forget you, but it doesn’t help
I just end up hating you

Too hard, it’s just too hard
I'm a little sad because you don’t understand how I feel
I'm officially missing you.

The wheel stopped, and Niel and Rachel hopped out. Changjo quickly stood up and hid behind a billboard. He watched as they walked away from the wheel.

Niel looked like he was laughing. Rachel was as well. Changjo continued to watch, and he felt something run down his cheek as he saw Niel take Rachel’s hand in his. Rachel welcomed the gesture, and the continued to walk through the park.

Changjo stood there, and moved a hand to his cheek to see what was on his face.

It was a tear.

He swallowed, and started to walk, heading home.


By the way, the song that Changjo sings, is "Officially Missing You" by GEEKS. The link is below. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rom55Xy2EbQ