She Loves Me PART II

My Dancing Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMXL_hYMkaM


A week passed, and Rachel still avoided Teen Top. Niel watched her from his desk, and every time he stood up to talk to her, she walked away. Rachel managed to find places in the school that even Niel couldn't find, and he began to give up on her.

Until he saw Changjo starting to look for her as well.

Mizuki and Seoul watched as the two boys wandered around the school during lunch break trying to find her, and they began to worry for Rachel’s sanity. Although they talked to her, they were still unsure of how Rachel was handling herself after the turn of events.
“You think she’ll be alright? Those two seem to have looked everywhere for her,” Mizuki asked one day.
Seoul shrugged. “I dunno, sitting behind the groundskeeper’s shed during lunch and still be able to hear the bell from behind the school? I think she’ll be fine.”
Mizuki nodded.

Changjo and Niel continuously ran into each other during their search to find Rachel. They stood in front of each other in silence until the other moved, and it began to make a mark on the school, as the fellow students wondered what they were walking around the school for. As Niel stormed away from Changjo that day, he decided to walk behind the school, letting his feet take him wherever.

He was surprised when he saw Rachel happily eating her lunch behind the shed.
“Omona! Rachel-ah?” he asked, walking up to her.
Niel saw her face fall from bright and cheerful to anxious and worried. “You found me.” She whispered in defeat.
“Why are you here?” Niel asked.
Rachel shrugged. “I like the peace?”

Niel shook his head. “You’re a bad liar,” he replied, sitting next to her.
“So what?” she retorted quietly.
“Are you still mad, Rachel?” he asked.
“No. I'm not mad.” Rachel put her lunchbox down, and put her hands together, rubbing and intertwining her fingers. The same thought ran through her head. Did she love anyone? She was in love but it was different, right? Feelings and emotions were thrown everywhere and Rachel was starting to feel the burn. Changjo confessed, but she didn’t feel anything. Niel was in love with her, and still, she couldn't feel anything.

She felt like she was a member of the jury, picking whoever was innocent or guilty.

But she was at a constant stalemate.

It made her head hurt, and so she began to live in silence like it was her best friend.

Until today.

“Rachel, do you love anyone?” Niel asked, turning to face her.
Rachel pouted, and shook her head, partly telling the truth.
“What can I do?”
Rachel raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”
“So you can love me. What can I do?” Niel confidently asked.
She sighed, and Rachel took her lunchbox again to take a mouthful.
“Niel,” she began.
“Yes?”
“I can’t think about love at the moment. I don't want to, and I don't plan to for a considerable amount of time. After what happened in the classroom that afternoon, I don't even think I can love anymore. What happened between you and Changjo was my fault, and I didn’t want anyone to get hurt because of me, but that was a little late, now wasn’t it? All this un-needed hate is killing me softly. You two are members of the same group. That makes this so much worse because I know if this continues you are all going to split up. The others didn’t even do anything, and I don't want to hurt them because of my stupid emotions.” Rachel sighed, feeling a small amount of weight being lifted off her.

Niel kept his mouth shut, letting Rachel finish her talk. When she did, Niel heard her sigh, and he absently took her hand in his, holding it for a while. She slowly started to hold it back, but the grip was weak, and Niel knew that she was still unsure about this whole situation.

It made him think twice about everything. Eventually, Niel let go of her hand, and he stood up. Rachel placed her hand back on her lap, and looked up at Niel. He smiled back, and walked away, leaving Rachel alone again.

***

Changjo stopped looking, and was sitting with Mizuki and Seoul when Niel came back.
“Where did you go?” Mizuki asked, watching as Niel sat down on the chair.
“I found her.” Niel replied, scratching the back of his head.

Changjo’s eyes clouded over, and he quietly sighed to himself.
“You found her? What did she say?” Seoul crossed her arms, frowning slightly. How was he able to find her, and not Changjo? Seoul thought to herself.
“She doesn’t want to associate with us because she fears Teen Top will break up because of her.” Niel replied.
Changjo looked at Niel’s impassive face, and wondered what she really said.
“Where is she?” Changjo asked.
Niel twisted his lips. “Behind the groundskeeper’s shed.”
Changjo stood up, and walked away.
The rest of the group watched as he left without another word, and Niel frowned.
“Did she say anything else?” Mizuki asked.

Niel took a deep breath. “She doesn’t think she can love anymore.”

***

Rachel put her lunchbox away soon after Niel left, and she sat in silence, surprised that no-one else came to see her. As she started to let her thoughts run through her head, she began to feel tears run down her cheeks, and she eventually turned into a sobbing, heartbroken mess. She was never good with picking out of two, and she felt her chest began to ache, pulling her knees up towards herself to hide her face.

Changjo walked down the path, and before he turned the corner, he heard sobbing. As he turned, he saw Rachel curled up. He wanted to comfort her, but he couldn't make his feet move. He tightened his jaw as he continued to hear her broken sobs, and he realised he was shaking, not sure whether he was angry, or upset. He couldn't take it anymore, and Changjo walked back towards the school.

Rachel eventually stopped crying, and she wiped her tears away with her school jumper. As she did so, she realised that she was capable of loving someone.

She finally made a choice, and she hoped it was the right one.