Emotional Voice Niel

My Dancing Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mt4AGZPxO0&p=30F92717A579E83F


 

Rachel started to panic. The previous five minutes were a blur, and she didn’t know what to do, now that she was invited to see Teen Top.
What the hell am I going to do? She asked herself. As she walked up to her room and bade her mother goodnight, she took out her phone and started to type a new message.

Tried calling Jonghyun, but ended up talking to Niel. They invited us to see them.

Want to come?

Rachel sent it to Mizuki and Seoul. Rachel placed her phone on her desk and started to think why Niel invited her to see them. Did Jonghyun tell Niel to say that? Or was it all Niel’s idea? Rachel stared at the ceiling until her phone started to beep. She reluctantly sat up from her bed, and reached for her phone, opening the message that came from Mizuki.

Niel? Which one is that?

Rachel replied with a single word.

Dunno.

As she pressed the ‘send’ button, her phone beeped again. She sighed, and opened it, this time it was Seoul.

Yes please! When?

Rachel started to reply, enjoying the three way conversation she was having. It was a good thing she had unlimited credit.

He said he’d call. I'm not sure when.

Her phone beeped once more. Rachel laughed as she read the message.

Well you should know pabo! I wonder what made him answer Jonghyun’s phone. Oooh maybe he plans to steal you from him.

Rachel started to think about Mizuki’s comment. Steal me? Did Jonghyun even want me? She started to reply to Mizuki’s message.

If Niel was supposed to steal me, shouldn’t there be a protesting Jonghyun?

Rachel sent the message, and Seoul replied to her previous one.

Call? Since when does he have your number?! Major explaining to do lady!

Rachel started another new message, and sent a simple smiley face to Seoul, just to annoy her.

Then she sent another saying that was enough talk for the night, and that she’ll tell them more once they were back at school. She put her phone back on the desk, and she fell asleep.

***

Changjo was fuming after Niel hung up on his phone.
“What did you say hyung,” Changjo whispered.
“Nothing. I only invited them over.” Niel replied.
“You invited them...?”
“Just some harmless fun Changjo. Don't worry.”
“I don’t need to...hyung.” Changjo muttered, walking to his room. He collapsed on his bed, gripping his phone tightly. He wanted to apologize. What if she didn’t want to see them?
Countless thoughts ran through his head until sleep consumed him.

But it didn’t last long.

Knocks were heard on his door, and Changjo covered his face with a pillow.
“Changjo!” Niel called from the other side.
“Go away...” Changjo mumbled into the pillow.
“I need Rachel’s number! I told her I’d call when they can see us.”

Changjo pulled the pillow away from his face and sat up, looking at his hand. Her number was still there.

And he had no intention of giving it to Niel. But he had no choice. Something inside him wanted Rachel to see how much his life changed no matter the cost. He walked to the door and opened it, holding out his hand.
“Just copy it.” Changjo said blankly.
Niel looked at his hand. “Is that what it was?”
Changjo nodded.
Niel took the number down on his phone.
“Thanks Changjo,” Niel said, and walked away to his room.
Changjo closed the door, and went back to bed, falling asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

***

Rachel listened to the two voices that belonged to her friends. Their voices overlapped each other, until it became just wordless noise. Rachel let them talk, too busy thinking about what they were like. Were they ignorant and loud? Were they cute and innocent? Talented but stubborn? She shrugged the thoughts off and recognised that they stopped talking. 
“Oh, what?” Rachel asked, looking up at them from her seat. They stood in front of her.
“Did he call you yet?” Mizuki asked.
“No. I haven’t gotten anything.”
“Okay.” Seoul had flickers of excitement in her eyes.
“Do you want me to call Jonghyun?”
“But it’s Niel we’re talking about. What if Jonghyun doesn’t want us?” Mizuki reasoned.

Rachel felt her heart sink slightly at the words. Jonghyun cared for her, but never showed any affection of a different kind.

“We’ll have to wait for a call,” Rachel said, and they sat on either side of her, sighing their disappointment and ending the conversation.

A couple of hours after school, the three were in the library going over some notes when Rachel’s phone rang.

Seoul reached out for it, but Rachel answered it with unknown speed.
“Annyong,” Rachel said confidently.
“Annyong. It’s Niel. How are you?” he asked brightly.
“I'm good.”
“You’ll be able to visit tonight if you want. Our schedule is clear and we’ll be at the dorm.”
“Chincha?”
“Chincha. Are you bringing anyone?”
“Just a couple of friends. Is that ok?”
“Perfect. Let me give you the address...”

Rachel wrote down the address, and Seoul stole the paper from her, looking at the address. A smile appeared on her face, knowing it wasn’t far at all.
“Gomawo,” Rachel said, rolling her eyes at Mizuki’s and Seoul’s excitement.
“Chonmaneyo, see you tonight!” Niel grinned, and he could feel his happiness flow to Rachel.

Rachel smiled, and hung up.

***

“Is this it?” Mizuki asked.
“I'm scared to knock. I might be overcome with such amazement,” Seoul replied.
“Shut up guys, this is the one. Look at the door.”

TEEN TOP

“Oh,” they both chorused.
Rachel knocked, and she stood back, waiting...and hoping secretly it was Jonghyun.

A tall boy with light brown hair and a striking physical familiarity with SHINee’s Key opened the door.
“Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Chunji. Come in,” he opened the door wider, and Rachel could feel the vibrancy in the dorm. She felt her breath hitch as she saw Jonghyun sitting on the couch.

She wasn’t used to his new hairstyle and dyed hair. It brought an innocent yet slightly bad boy look to him. Rachel wasn’t sure if she liked it or not.

The three walked in, and six boys bowed low.
“Welcome to Teen Top’s dorm!” they said.
The girls bowed back.
“Thanks for inviting us,” Seoul said.

Jonghyun looked at Rachel, and smiled lightly. Rachel smiled back.
“I'm C.A.P.” the voice belonged to the boy with the muscles. He looked like the eldest too.
From the corner of her eye, Rachel saw Seoul grin. Rachel stifled a laugh.
“I'm Niel.” Rachel recognised him instantly. The boy with dark brown hair that reached his collar, and thick lips.

Main Vocal.She thought.

“L.Joe,” a blonde who had a faint American accent held his hand up.
“Ricky!” a baby faced boy who had a bright smile waved excitedly.
“Changjo.” The boy that Rachel was in love with smiled again and waved.

The boys looked at them, waiting for their introductions.
“Seoul!” Seoul smiled with the same excitement Ricky had.
“Mizuki,” she tilted her head to the side and did one of her eye-smiles.
“Ra–”

“Rachel.” Changjo finished, cutting her off. The boys looked at Changjo, then at Rachel’s red face, suspicion in the air.
“Do you two know each other?” CAP asked.
“...We’re friends.” Rachel replied, giving Changjo a quick glare.

Changjo chuckled lightly, and continued to sit quietly on the couch. The boys quickly started conversations, letting the girls join them on the couch. They talked about what they did before debut, what school they went to, how their auditions went and other things. Changjo noticed Niel giving Rachel the utmost attention, his eyes shining like never before.

Like he found someone he loved.

Changjo didn’t like that look at all. He was starting to develop a small dislike for him. Niel shouldn’t be looking at her like that, Changjo thought. He felt a need to protect Rachel, to keep her away from Niel, and only have her for himself.

After a second of silence within himself, he realised that he liked Rachel.

And would do anything for her.

But Changjo also felt like he didn’t need to do anything for now. He had no duty.  

Niel thought differently, and realised his duty was to make Rachel his, and no-one else’s. Even if that meant taking her away from Changjo