~ Christmas Special ~

Teach Me About , Loverboy

Snow was covering the streets and buildings, painting the city in a sheen of sparkling white as the different Christmas lights were lit brightly in the night.
Eleven happy boys were sitting in their respective homes, knowing that right now their most loved was opening their very own, special Christmas presents. Oh, he would be overjoyed, they were certain.

 

Minseok actually really liked Christmas. He liked the snow, the cold weather in contrast to the warmth of his home. And of course he liked getting presents.
Don’t misunderstand; Minseok was by far not a greedy person and small things made him happy but he got excited whenever he was to open a present. The feeling of not knowing what was inside, that’s what he loved about it.
Of course in return, he also liked to give out little packages himself. And this year he even had a bunch of friends to give them to. It had been the first time he had been able to give out presents to other people than his parents.
So saying Minseok was happy, would’ve been an understatement.
Because in front of him, eleven packages were lying and that was the most he’s ever got. Carefully he took the first present, covered in baby blue wrap with sparkly little snowflakes printed onto and started to smile as he read from Luhan on the card attached to it.
Slowly Minseok unwrapped the more or less shapeless present, having to muffle a laugh at the clumsy packaging. Inside was an envelope in the same colour as the wrap and a fluffy, furry hat. With a gasp Minseok took the hat and scrambled up to look into the mirror, giggling as the hat slipped slightly over his eyes but liking the warmth it emitted.
‘’Whoah so nice. Luhan really has great taste!’’
Without taking it off he sat back down and tore open the envelope to unfold the letter, blinking surprised as a picture fell out of it and into his lap. As he reached down to have a look of it, his cheeks immediately flushed a deep pink.
The picture showed a freshly married couple, which would have been completely fine, if not for the fact that Luhan had somehow managed to attach both of their faces onto it. The embarrassing part for Minseok was, that he was the one wearing the dress and was carried by the man with Luhan’s face. With wide eyes he placed the picture aside, makig a vow to never let anyone see it. Ever.
With a deep breath he started reading the letter.

Dear Minseokkie,

I know it’s not much but I hope that the hat will keep you warm during the cold days. I couldn’t live with myself if I ever saw you getting sick, so please take care of your health and stay warm! And of course, it will look super cute on you ^^ you have to wear it for me all of the time, yes?
Also, did you see what I made? Doesn’t it look romantic? I bet you’d look adorable in a dress!! Let’s marry as soon as we’re of age, ok? Is that a promise? kkkkkk
Last but not least, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Your Luhan

With a smile, Minseok moved on to the next present, which was a heavy but rather small, orange bag. Curiously he opened it and snorted amused at the sight of two bubble teas, taking them out with shining eyes while his lips. The youngest was just so cute, buying him his favourite flavour. To one of the cups was a letter attached as well and Minseok opened it happily.

Minseok,

I bought two, but that doesn’t mean that you are allowed to share with anyone else. Either drink the second one yourself or share it with me. No exceptions, okay? Or I will be mad. Anyways…I want you to enjoy it so I bought your favourite. And if you want to drink it again, then let’s go together. Only the two of us.
Merry Christmas, hyung!!

Sehun.

Minseok popped in one of the straws and began on his drink, trying to distract himself from his frantic heartbeat as he took the next present.
The next thing was a square, flat package with green wrap and a red bow on top. As Minseok opened it he widened his eyes at the thoughtful idea. He was holding the latest album of DBSK in his hands, forcing himself to not squeal in joy and spit out his bubble tea. There was even a small card on the back of the cover.

To my little hyung,

first of all…MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
I hope you like my present and will have fun listening to it. Maybe we can listen to it together, some time? Wouldn’t that be nice, hm?
Oh and I heard from Lay-hyung that you like dancing. So, why don’t you join our dance club after New Years? :DD

 

your handsome dongsaeng, Kai ;) (but hyung is allowed to call me Jongin, if you like)

Minseok had a feeling that today his cheeks wouldn’t return to their normal colour and gave them a little rub, trying somehow to cool them down but it wouldn’t help a bit. His heart too was beating embarrassingly fast at the words he just read.
Hurriedly he moved on to a small carton-box with Santa hats on it, giving it a cute look. As he took off the cover a puff of sweetness came out, making Minseok’s mouth water at the delicious smell.
His smile only grew as he spotted a load of cookies in the box, a crinkled letter on top of them.

Minseok-hyung!!

Today is Christmas so…Happy Christmas to you!! I hope the cookie are edible, I’m not the greatest cook but I got Yixing to help me so they shouldn’t be so bad D: I tried my best, hyung! Please eat a lot, it will make me happy!
When you ate all of them you’ll see a second letter at the bottom kkkk I made a funny thing, please don’t take it the wrong way ^___^

 

Chanyeollie

Biting his lip, Minseok had to swallow down the lump in his throat. Reading that his dongsaeng’s were all so nice and thoughtful touched him deeply. He couldn’t believe how lucky he had gotten to find friends like this.
While he blinked away the tears in his eyes he reached under the cookies and pulled out the second envelope and as he opened it there were a few pictures inside. Most of them showed himself looking rather sleepy, in some of them he even had his eyes closed and his mouth opened. With an embarrassed groan he placed them aside but still a smile was tugging at the corners of his lips.
Minseok saw a single letter lying on the floor and picked it up, grinning at the cute Christmas stickers attached to it and opened it, revealing one single picture of Baekhyun doing an aegyo pose. With a laugh Minseok flipped it over to read the message.

To my dear Minseokkie,

do I look cute? I’m all yours now!
I’m sorry for not getting you a huge present for Christmas but I hope you’ll still let me treat you to dinner, some time and treasure this picture of mine. You can have more if you want to, just tell me.
We can even make some together, wouldn’t that be fun?? :D

See you in school,
your Baekhyunnie

Minseok bit his lip happily and nodded, feeling all warm and cozy at the thought of meeting up with Baekhyun to eat as he moved on to the sixth present. As he ripped away the gold wrap he gasped at the beautiful, deep blue box in his hands. He opened it very carefully and was even more in awe as he saw small chocolates inside. Already looking delicious the sweet but rich aroma was amazing.
Even as he could already guess who gave it to him, the letter confirmed it.

Dear Minseok-hyung,

 I hope you like chocolate. Oh god, if you don’t like it you can give them back or throw them away, I’ll bake you something else ><
Anyways, I made them myself so if you do like chocolate it would make me very happy if you enjoy eating them. I know it’s not much but still I gave my best to make them delicious.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and I hope to see you in school after vacations!

Kyungsoo

While chewing on one of the delicious chocolates Minseok reached for the next envelope, tugging it open carefully to reveal two movie tickets and a letter. With big eyes he began to read.

Minseok-hyung,

I want you to watch a movie with me so I got you this. I don’t know if you even like going to the cinema but I bet we could have a nice day together ^^ don’t you think?
I will even buy you popcorn or tortilla, whatever you like! We can share it hehe
Lastly I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Chen

With an excited smile he placed the letter aside, already contemplating about which movie he should choose to go watch with Jongdae. But Minseok was sure that every movie would be a lot of fun with the younger.
The next thing he picked up was a small but fancily wrapped gift and as he opened it, there was a silver necklace in it, a card attached to it as well. Cautiously he held the necklace up and noticed the fragile, shiny pendant hanging on it. With glistening eyes he took off the card and put on the silver band, marveling at how pretty it looked before he got to read the message.

Minseok-ge,

my Korean isn’t good, so I won’t write too much, don’t be mad. I bought you this necklace because I thought it would suit you very much! I have the same one so we can wear it together, okay?
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Tao

With a gentle smile Minseok traced the carefully written words, not caring that some of the letters were a bit crooked but feeling more and more affectionate towards the younger. With a content sigh he grabbed a red package, blinking surprised at how heavy it felt.
Curiously he opened it fast and sat in front of it silently for more than a minute before bursting into a short fit of giggles. In his lap was a thick book with the title ‘’Self-Defense Against s’’. Right under it was another letter and Minseok took it, still shaking with silent laughter as he began reading.

Annyeong Minseok-hyung,

I hope you can use this book well! Please take time to read it carefully and remember the things written down, it is very important and I would feel much calmer :)
I wish you a Merry Christmas and I am excited already to open your present. I bet I’ll like it!!

Your Joonmyeon

Minseok was already chewing on his lip to not start laughing again at the cuteness of his dongsaeng and grabbed one of the last two presents, tilting his head as he felt another book beneath the peachy wrap. Revealed was a cook book for pastries and Minseok flipped through the pages with big eyes, his lips as he saw all those yummy looking goods. He was sure who was the one that got him this and he happily got to read the latter that had come with it.

Minseok-ge,

I thought that maybe you might like this book, you seem like the sweet type ^___^ if you have questions about any of the recipes just ask me I’ll gladly help you and maybe we can try some of it together?
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! Hopefully you’ll spend the days nicely with your family! We’ll see each other in class, then. I’ll look forward to it :))

Yixing

Minseok was over the thick cover of the book before he turned to grab the last package, it was a lot bigger than the other ones but it felt very soft to the touch and of course, there was a letter as well.
Excitedly he unpacked it and gasped at the huge Angry Bird plushie in his hands, laughing as he pressed it to his chest. Then he reached for the letter and started reading.

Hey Minseok,

Merry Christmas to you and I hope you can enjoy the present I got you. If you ever feel lonely just cuddle with it. Keep it by your bedside so it’s always there, as long as I can’t do that.
I hope you like it and please take care in the cold weather. But if you really get sick, of course I will take care of you!
See you back in school in a few days.

Yifan

As he finished the message, Minseok placed the paper away gently and just stared at the pile of presents in front of him. His eyes were soon filled again with tears of happiness and in his head, he sent a thankful prayer.
Just as he finished, he heard his Mom calling him down for dinner and after one last look at the picture frame on his nightstand, which showed his family smiling happily into the camera, he got up and hurried into the kitchen.


 

 

Dad,

this Christmas it wasn’t as lonely as the years before, since you’ve been gone. I made a lot of new friends and they are taking care of me a lot, even though I am the oldest. It is a little embarrassing, but I am happy.
I have a feeling that from now on, everything will get better and Mom is happier as well. She doesn’t worry so much about me anymore, which is good.
Is it snowing up there, as well? Because here, everything is white, just like in one of these stories you used to read to me as a child.
Before I forget, Merry Christmas, Appa!

I miss you… but now I’m finally okay, I think.

 

 

 

Here is finally the Christmas Special I promised you guys for the loads of subscribers I got for this story and for my other ones as well

you can't imagine how thankful I am to you all!!

I hope you'll like it and I wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I love you so much Q___Q I'm really happy you support me so much in my writing :))

I'll try to keep  updating and thanks for being so patient with my long pauses oTL

what do you think will happen in the next chapters, huuuuuh? :DD tell me in your comments please ^-^


p.s. I am currently on the search for a beta reader D: maybe someone whose native language is english and could help me a bit with looking over the chapters before I upload them. if you're interested just leave me a message :) I don't bite ;D