This too Shall Pass..

The Prince and The Actress

 

Jae’s POV

I woke up early and reviewed my speech for the conference. I’ll be making an opening speech for the Saving Children’s Foundation event. It is held on a playground where they are celebrating the Children’s week. After breakfast, Yoochun and I then went to the venue and as soon as I arrived the program then started.

 

Dara’s POV

I should supposedly be at Jae’s side today but for the mean time I’m around the venue of the event he’s doing a speech. We received a tip that a bomb is being planted somewhere and our k9 handlers are discretely roaming the area well I’m also posed as a handler though I’m in a disguise as a citizen. (Imagine me wearing baggy clothes and a mask, a tomboyish outfit indeed.) There are families and children and even personnel’s ranging from event organizers, the staff of the foundation and news men covering the event. Then from my peripheral vision I saw a man running towards the trees and so I radioed for backup before closing in the target.

 

“Fetch” I said as I threw the ball at the man’s direction and the dog jumped at the surprised man. My men are already handcuffing him then.

 

“You would be too late if you’ll just keep hanging around here”

 

My radio then went to life

 

“Ma’am our Kathleen (a German shepherd dog) is continuously barking near the podium where his highness is currently doing the speech.”

 

“Evacuate, immediately! Now!” I then felt the urge to run and so I ran.

 

I reached the place and the people then scrambled the places some getting panicked over the news. The security team then assisted the people and Jae was still standing on the podium with Yoochun by his side explaining that they have to go but Jae seemed rooted to his spot, he’s really giving me a heart attack.  Aisht he’ll be the death of me. I then ran to them after making sure my disguise is okay.

 

“I’ll you your highness, there’s a bomb under your podium and we need to get out of here.” I then grabbed him and his security went with us.

 

“A bomb?” I heard Yoochun said.

 

“Yes sir, let’s go” we then exited the area

 

Jae’s expression was as if he was knocked out of air, he had trauma with this kind of situations before. He was then hyperventilating as we reached his convoy.

 

“Medic needed here!” I shouted. I’m really panicking right now and so I left the area with the paramedics attending to him.

 

“Status” I radioed my team

 

“Bomb squad already here ma’am, they’re detonating the bomb.”

 

“Good, I’ll hand over the situation to blue mist; I need to check up on his highness”

 

“Roger ma’am.”

 

I then went to my car parked away from the playground and got dressed in my jeans and applied a light make-up trembling. I felt already crying a while back, my phone rang and I answered it

 

“Dara, Chunnie here, Jae’s looking for you, where are you? There was an emergency here at the event, a bomb was identified to be the source. He badly needs you” Yoochun said

 

“Oh my gosh, I’m just around the block I’ll be there.” After 15 minutes I then drove and parked my car near Jae’s convoy I then went and looked for him inside the ambulance. I entered the ambulance and then we were on our way to the hospital. They’ll still be checking on Jae’s status.

 

“Joongie!” I then hugged him as tears flowed from my eyes. The tears that I tried to hide while I was approaching him earlier while he was just standing at the podium, the tears that threatened to fall after I got out of the site and went to my car.

 

“Tokkie, I was so scared. I can’t even move, then a lady escorted us away then I couldn’t breathe. I didn’t want that to happen again, I don’t want to be away from you again.” He was shaking as we hugged each other

 

“Oh God, I was so scared too when Yoochun told me” I still sniffed “Everything’s okay now Joongie, hush now” I then felt him relaxed. I then carefully laid him down and sat at the seat while holding his hand. The paramedic beside us, Yoochun and me, continued to monitor Jae and we arrived at the hospital. He was then checked in the E.R. before wheeling him to his private room; he’ll be detained for one day as the event caused added stress to his system.

 

Yoochun then excused himself as he called auntie and uncle. My team already reported what happened to H.Q. and as we suspected that group is already starting their moves. First the grenade, then now the bomb, I think I’ll die early with heart attack. I don’t want to lose Jae again. Not now, not ever. I then drifted to dream land and think this all too shall pass.

---------------