The Contemplation and The Memories

The Break Up Ballad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Oh my... I was getting emotional writing this chap i didn't know what's gotten into me. I was writing this while listening to Leessang - The girl who can't break up the man who can't leave. That song fits this story so much!!! let me know how you think about this story by leaving comments! thanks ;) 

 

***

 

Dara just arrived home and startled as she saw a skinny guy with a stupid girly headband, half , sitting carelessly on her couch. He waved.

 

“What are you doing here how did you get in here?” Dara yelled as she stood in front of him, blocking the television from him.

 

Jiyong cries, “Oh you’re so fussy! You gave me your key, remember?”

 

“Yeah and then what are you doing here what do you want?” Dara said, taking off her coat and hang it on the clothes pole.

 

Jiyong sighed. He looks upset as well. “I’m bored. I feel lonely recently and you’re the only person I could think about so I came here and I knew where you’ve been and I’m so excited to listen to your story. How was the dinner?” he made a puppy eyes and blinked twice to act cutesy in front of Dara but that just disgusts her.

 

“I’m so exhausted, Ji. I don’t feel like talking and there’s nothing to talk about actually!” Dara said. She poured warm milk to a glass and drank it all up. Then she caught Jiyong watching her with frowns.

 

“Something happened, didn’t it?” he guessed. Dara just shrugged, “Like it’s possible if nothing happened. Of course something happened… I just… don’t want to talk about it right now… see you tomorrow! And don’t… don’t at my couch!” Dara said rudely as she walked upstairs.

 

Jiyong choked, “Hey you when did I do that? That was your dog’s pee!” Hey don’t leave me!”

 

“Bye, Ji! Good night!” Dara slammed the door and slumped into the ground, squatting on the carpet and just… blank. She is doing it again, daydreaming when there are a lot of things going on in her mind. She rubbed her face and looked at a box next to her working table.

 

She just packed things that are supposed to be memories. Things that are relating her to Chaerin, things that remind her of that blonde playful girl she used to love so much. She wanted to put it to the warehouse in the basement but she just never got time to do so, or just too lazy to carry it, or just still doesn’t want to get rid of it.

 

She opened it up and started digging for pictures. There’s one picture that’s always been her favorite. It was taken 2 years ago, when they were celebrating Chaerin’s cousin wedding. She remembered those sweet sentences Chaerin whispered to her, the joy they shared together, the unbearable feeling of wanting each other so much.

 

“Someday, you’d be wearing that white dress, flower on your veil and diamond ring around your finger and I’d be the person who stands before you, claiming you as mine forever.”

 

Dara smiles as she repeats that sentence once again in her head. When she sees herself in the mirror, smiling. She slowly fades the smile, brought back to reality. She quickly tossed that picture back into the box.

 

“!” She ducked her head and leaned on the cover of the box, starring at blank again. She looked at herself faintly in the mirror, telling herself that she is not supposed to be like this in the first place and wondering what the this confusing feeling is doing to her.

 

“It’s over, Dara. You wanted it yourself. It’s over.” She repeated with a husky voice.

 

“Are you having regret about dumping Chaerin?”

 

Dara felt like getting heart attack as those words startled her. Jiyong is standing by the threshold, crossing his arms in front of his chest and smirking teasingly at his best friend.

 

“The hell… Jiyong… please get out.” Dara said helplessly. She is withered, and doesn’t feel like scolding. She is too tired physically and mentally. Jiyong walked in instead, and sat on the edge of the bed, caressing the skinny girl’s neck and starts giving light massage with his long flexure fingers.

 

“I know… you don’t regret it. And I know, you will scold me if I insist on telling you what I think. I know you don’t want to talk about it. I know…” he said tiredly as well.

 

Dara sniffed and lifted her head so the unbearable tears would not fall down. She thinks it’s not worth it, to cry over something that’s already passed. It’s actually no time for this anymore but she can’t help the feeling, she just wants to cry she doesn’t even know what’s the real reason.

 

“Sometimes I also feel lonely. I don’t miss Chaerin or regret about her…” she turned around and held Jiyong’s hand. “I just miss the time, and the feeling when I was with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter