The Dinner and Little Conversation

The Break Up Ballad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So, how are you again today?”

“Not fine.”

“It’s been six months since you came to me, and you come not only like once a week but you almost come everyday. I really need to tell your mom.”

“What for?”

“Maybe she can help you.”

“You’re a doctor, you can help me. Besides, I don’t really have problem you know I just come here to tell you story.”

“Story that will never has an end coz you never listen to me either. You just follow your will, and for me, everything you think is the best, is not the best at all. To be honest, you’re getting childish and childish.”

“Don’t judge me. I’m just confused, that’s all.”

“So what are you gonna tell me today?”

“I just met Dara… I drove all the way here from the countryside, I talked to her.”

“Wow really? Isn’t that a good thing?”

“No. Not a good thing. I just met her, to ask her for her number, and asked her to come to mom’s dinner party because I couldn’t reach her, she changed her number, her email, and her manager was not picking up the calls. I got no choice but asked someone in her company, they said she had a schedule… so I went to the countryside and visited her… in the filming scene, how embarrassing.”

 

“You actually didn’t have to go there. You could just wait until you can reach her manager, or until she came back to town, you could just sit and wait in her office… otherwise, you just wanted to see her. Because… you wanted to see her.”

 

“You got it wrong, doc. I didn’t want to see her. I just wanted to make it quick before Saturday you know. I really need to bring Bom to the dinner and in order to do that I have to be invited and Dara is the only way my plan could work.”

 

“Dara is still part of your life, you know that. Everybody knows that. Only you deny that.”

 

“Okay let’s stop talking about that. It’s like a never ending issue and you keep cornering me…. You want to know what I saw this morning in the scene?”

 

“What?”

 

“The bed scene. She was half on the bed, underneath the sheet, with a complete disgusting man with no abs and tattoo on his arm.”

 

“So?? You jealous?”

 

“ no. It just disgusts me. I mean… it’s been a while since she exposed her body in front of people. She promised me not to do that anymore. Now that she does it again, I feel really weird. I just felt a very real feeling about the fact that she is no longer mine. Now she can do anything she wants. I bet she was resisting, just for me. You know, she always loves the art of y scene.”

 

“What happened then?”

 

“Uh…. Nothing… nothing happened.”

 

***

 

 

Chaerin stopped her luxurious sport car by the river. She is just sitting there, watching those busy crews and actors on the set through her shades, chewing gum, becoming more and more regretful.

 

“, why am I here?” she murmured by herself.

 

People spotted her. Of course, it’s more than outstanding, the car, and the creature inside it. She knows who that person is, an old friend, a scriptwriter who used to write for her music video.

 

“Whoa… I can’t believe what I’m seeing here.” Beth, the scriptwriter waved her hand at Chaerin. Chaerin replied with a quick smile as she got off the car.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked as she gave Chaerin a hug.

 

“I don’t even know what I’m doing here… uh, is Sandara around?”

 

Beth smirked and looked at Chaerin teasingly, “Isn’t it obvious…”

 

Chaerin groaned, “Nahhh…. I’m not here to just see her, I’m doing someone’s favor.”

 

Beth just nodded, and brought Chaerin closer to the scene. Then she asked the blonde to sit and wait.

“Just one more take… and then she could have a break.” She said and patted Chaerin’s shoulder before running away somewhere.

 

Chaerin just sat there in the corner of a traditional countryside house, her lips with her fingers, feeling bored and a little bit uncomfortable because people are starting to notice her and can’t stop starring at her.

Then the two actors came up. Chaerin needs to take off her shades to see it more clearly, to see her ex girlfriend only wearing a bra and a laced underwear, climbing onto the bed with a man; which she thinks is so not Dara’s type.

 

“…. I should’ve not come in the first place.” She murmured to herself once again and put on her shades again.

 

The scene was pretty hot and intense. Chaerin doesn’t even care about the genre or the conversation, but those kissing, cuddle and long make out session nearly gives her heart attack. She doesn’t even know why, but seeing her ex doing it with another person just hurts her pride. Besides, she has never seen Dara doing such a thing with actors since they were dating because she forbids her to do so.

 

So it just feels weird or she must say, she feels a little betrayed, though, Dara is not her girlfriend anymore but the feeling is still there. It remains.

 

Chaerin decided to leave before the scene is over. She can’t stand it anymore.

 

As the director said cut, the shooting is over. People are spreading. Dara put on her clothes and then Beth came to her.

“Someone’s here to see you.” Beth said with a smile.

Dara frowned, “Who?” she gets nervous. The first person she had in mind was Minzy.

 

Beth shrugged, “You should see her yourself.” She said and lightly pushed Dara outside where Chaerin went to.

 

Dara, with a complete puzzled mind, went outside nervously with a quilt wrapped around her freezing arms and chest. Then she caught someone’s back figure, she knows it very well. The tall and attractive figure she used to adore so much, well, she used to fall so hard for.

 

Chaerin turned her head slightly and then there comes another weird feeling as their eyes caught for a sec.

 

Dara walked up toward her, “What are you doing?” she asked coldly.

 

Chaerin sighed and took off her shades, slipping it on her collar and she handed Dara her phone. Dara just looked at it, confused.

 

“Give me your new number…” Chaeirn said, also, coldly.

 

Dara smirked and finds it a bit ridiculous, “You’re nuts. You came all the way here, just to get my number? And what’s that for?”

 

Chaerin smirked back and she moved closer to Dara, took that girl hand and forcefully put her phone on Dara’s palm. “Just do as I say. I don’t have much time…” Chaerin said before Dara pushed her away.

 

“You’re ing irritating, Chae. I’m asking you a question, what’s this for?”

 

Chaerin sighed, “It’s my mom. She asked me to get your number….” She paused to look at the other woman’s expression. Dara looks surprised when Chaerin mentioned her mom, yet she looks glad.

 

“She… uh, she said she missed you. She wanted to talk to you. So just… give me your ing number! Why did you change it anyway?” Chaerin said and then she looked away.

 

Dara hissed and started typing Chaerin’s phone and when the screen is on, she blinked her eyes. She just saw the beautiful wallpaper of Chaerin and Bom, they look romantic. For a second, Dara feels a faint burn inside her chest. But she snaps it quickly and saved her number on Chaerin’s phonebook.

 

“Here…” she handed Chaerin’s phone back.

 

Chaerin moved closer again, “One more thing…” she said as she tilted her head and watched over the older woman’s face. Dara is flushed in a flash when their eyes met again. She quickly looked away before things got more awkward.

 

“This Saturday is mom’s birthday. She wants you to come over for dinner.” Chaerin said bluntly.

 

Dara can’t hide her smile, “Really? Wow. Your mom is so nice.” Dara replied.

 

Chaerin is amazed by that sincere smile for a while. She was drifted away to her subconsciousness before she fell again to the earth when Dara called her name.

 

“What?” Chaerin said.

 

“Are you finished? Coz, I have to go now…” Dara said.

 

Chaerin nodded, “Yeah. I’m done. Bye…” she said and turned away quickly.

 

But then she stopped coz she remember something. She turned around and caught up with Dara who was also walking away. She grabbed her arm and leaned forward, closer to her ears and said, “I really hope you don’t come, that would mean a lot to me… and yeah by the way, that guy you kissed just now, is disgusting and I’m actually glad that we’re over. So I don’t have to be embarrassed as your girlfriend when people watch your movie and see you make out with such a guy.” Chaerin whispered next to Dara’s ear and then she leaned back, moved farther away with an annoying smirk she gave.

Dara, very annoyed. She barely could hide the scowl and frown, and the middle finger she really wanted to give to the blonde.

 

Chaerin giggled by herself and walked away.

 

***

 

Dara can’t stop looking at her phone after getting the first text message from Chaerin’s mom. She walked into the dark blue car parked in the basement. Minzy has been waiting for her. They’re going to have some fun in the bar somewhere underground. They can only hang out late at night and have fun in public only some place secret otherwise, they’re gonna be busted.

 

“What are you giggling at?” Minzy asked when Dara is having fun texting Chaerin’s mom.

 

“Oh, nothing. It’s… an old friend.” Dara replied.

 

“Really? You look so happy. Is it a guy?”

 

“N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter