The Big Big Problem

The Break Up Ballad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara stopped her car in front of someone’s house and she decided to wait for a while and cried. She touched her chest, tried to calm the heartbeat but it’s useless. For some reasons she is very hurt, not really because of what Chaerin did to her, it’s something else. She’s just hurt.

 

She looked at in the rear view mirror and rubbed her wet face, drenched with tears and she feels like catching a cold because her clothes are all wet. She saw Jiyong walked out of his house, suspecting the familiar car in front of his house. He bended down to see the driver and saw Dara rolling down the window, grinning with tears on her face.

 

He sighed and realized that he can’t be mad at her forever. He let Dara in and asked what happened. Dara told him all, started from the beach house when she met Chaerin accidentally, until the story of Chaerin pretended to be drowning.

 

“I think I know why you guys can’t stop fighting, and why both of you keep hurting each other’s feeling just proof you guys love each other so much!” He said and Dara was completely against the statement.

 

Dara clutched her hands, “Stop telling that we’re still in love with each other… or… care for each other. Don’t you see what’s been happening to me, to both of us? We don't. We hate each other.”

 

Jiyong is pretty exhausted to tell his best friends the truth that they’re not realizing. Then he decided to keep his mouth shut and let Dara do or say whatever she wants. None of his words or advises is going to be heard anyway.

Dara wiped her tears. “ I’m like a fool. I shouldn’t be crying… Minzy is picking me up in a minute and now I’ve ruined my make up and I’m ing soaked.”

 

“I’ll get you clothes. Wait here… I think I have stored some women clothes in my closet.”

 

“What are they for?”

 

Jiyong tilted his head, “Nothing. I just love collecting it.”

 

“You really are weird.” Dara mumbled.

 

Dara walked around Jiyong’s house. She hasn’t been in there for a while and she realized there are so many memories here too. She stopped by the piano, and found a picture of the three of them, her, Jiyong and Chaerin. She smiled and couldn’t hold the laughter when she remembered how silly they were back then.

Jiyong appeared with a black gown and a pair of shoes. “You store shoes too?”

 

Jiyong snapped his hand, “Oh come on, don’t mock me. I used to have a lot of girlfriends, remember? Some of them returned my gifts and I didn’t have time to toss them out of my closet.” He said as he walked down the stairs.

“Change your clothes, put on your make ups, fix your hair, the bathroom is all yours.” He said. Dara hugged him for the last time before going inside the bathroom. “I love you, Ji. And Thanks!” she said.

 

Dara wanted to scream out loud when she looked at herself in the mirror. She is really ruined and she can’t get rid of Chaerin’s face that annoys her beyond anything. Then she jumped into the shower, weirdly, she could feel or remember someone’s touch all over her body, a gentle, and careful touch. The thought of the accidental kiss Chaerin and her shared hour ago appeared again.

Now she couldn’t fight the urge of remembering all the beautiful memories she had with the younger girl. She let the water flow when she closed her eyes, and try to catch those memories, try not to cry and try not to get emotional. She just wants to think about them because they’re so precious to her.

 

Her phone rings and it awakes her. She quickly finished her shower and put on makeup quickly. Minzy is already waiting outside.

Jiyong crossed his arms, “Well your toy has arrived.” He muttered.

 

“Stop calling her my toy. She is my girlfriend.” Dara said and grabbed her purse.

“I’m leaving my car here, that’s okay?”

 

Jiyong nodded, “That’s very okay, young lady.” He said and kissed Dara’s cheek. “Remember, don’t do anything stupid. Be careful. Oh God it’s already been a while and I’m still so worried whenever you hang out with that girl. It’s not safe.”

 

“I know that very well. Don’t you think I’m not nervous every time we go to public places? That freaks me out every time some people start recognizing us.” Dara replied and peeked on the window. “How do I look?” she asked.

Jiyong frowned, “Why do you have to ask me that? You make it look like it’s your first date.”

 

“Well you know kids nowadays they get bored so easily I just want her to find me always attractive!”

 

“You always look attractive. You’re way too beautiful for kids to get bored with.”

 

“Well Chaerin got bored.”

 

Jiyong wanted to respond to her words but Dara already walked out of his house in a flash. She got inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter