The Regaining

The Break Up Ballad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong laughed as he listened to Chaerin’s story about her attempted to propose to Dara.

“Why are you laughing? I thought you’d agree on this.” Chaerin said madly.

 

“Yeah but you’re out of your mind. Why the hell would you just show up in front of her and give her the ring when you two aren’t even in a relationship. You’re so funny!”

 

“Bugger off, Ji… I thought I could use some advises from you.”

 

Jiyong stopped laughing. “Don’t be mad I was just telling you what I’m thinking. I think it’s ridiculous and you don’t need to be so upset about it. At least she didn’t reject your proposal coz it’s gonna be more hilarious…” he said and burst into laughter again.

 

“Okay I’m leaving…” Chaerin walked away but Jiyong grabbed her arm and pulled her over. “No no no no… don’t. Let’s talk, okay I promise I won’t laugh again.” he said as he pulled Chaerin to sit her on the couch next to him.

 

“So what else do you want to tell me about?” Jiyong asked as he poured drink into empty glasses on the table.

“Dara’s mom is dying.”

 

“Seriously? Wow… that’s unexpected.” He murmured.

 

“Yeah… Dara has been building up their relationship. They start getting along well.”

 

“Wow that’s good, making momma proud before she dies.”

 

“Jiyong, please…”

 

“I’m sorry I’m sorry… by the way since when you get so sensitive about Dara’s mom? I thought you hated her. Both of you hated her…”

 

“We knew nothing about her… she is just a lonely old lady who needs more attention.”

 

“So she finally made explanation why she’s like abandoned her daughter?”

 

“She didn’t abandoned Dara. She just didn’t give much attention to her… okay I don’t want to talk about this. I have something else to say.”

 

“What?”

 

“Dara’s mom asked me to get back together with her daughter…”

 

Jiyong frowned but his face looked more interested.

 

“So Dara and me told her that we would like to try making up our relationship…”

 

Jiyong frowned again, “I don’t understand.”

 

“We’re going to pretend that we’re getting back together.”

 

“Why do you have to pretend? Why not for real?” Jiyong almost jumped off the couch because of excitement and by the way he looks I know he’s going to give me long speech, claiming me stupid.

 

I sighed, “We can’t. It can’t happen… Dara has got back together with Minzy, yeah they’re dating again.”

 

“That little . Should I kill her or something?”

 

Chaerin giggled, “You’re overreacted. It’s totally fine. It’s not easy though to get back together after what we’ve been through. So many conflicts, so many…. I don’t know. We just fight a lot and I don’t think that’s a good thing to start a relationship.”

 

“Yeah either you really hate her or you really love her.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Yeah if you guys feel like you hate each other so much, it doesn’t mean you literally hate each other. It can mean that you just love each other so much.”

 

“I don’t think it’s that. That sounds so childish. It’s complicated, Ji. I don’t know. I think she’s not sure of what she’s doing, neither are we.”

 

“Ugh I can’t believe I only have two bestfriends in this world, and both of them are like so ing stupid I almost can’t stand it.” Jiyong said and groaned with his head up.

Chaerin hissed, “I feel stupid.” She muttered.

 

“Chaerin, I know what to do.” Jiyong looked at her seriously.

 

“You keep that ring, you wait, just let it flow… I’m sure you guys are going to spend time together after this madness and we’ll see what would happen. But I’m kinda so ing positive that she’s gonna turn back to you. She is in love with you nobody can ever replace you. I promise you, you’ll get her back.” He said. Chaerin just starred at him after he finished his words.

 

“Whoa… what makes you so sure?”

 

He clapped his hands once, “I just know. I always know, honey. I know. Trust me, I know.” He said in a convincing way.

 

***

 

They go to Dara’s family guesthouse up in the mountain, in the countryside. Dara’s mom decided to get out of the hospital and wanted to spend time with her family. So she asked Dara and Chaerin to bring her up here and so they granted her wish.

As soon as they arrived, the personal nurse they also brought with them took Dara’s mom to her room to have a rest after long time of trip.

Chaerin walked around the house as she finished up putting in their luggage. She looked at the family pictures that are hanging on the walls. She can’t stop smiling when she saw Dara’s childhood picture. She thinks they all look silly.

Dara slapped Chaerin’s head lightly as she noticed what that blonde girl has been doing.

“What was that for?” Chaerin raised her voice.

 

“What was that smile for?” Dara asked.

 

“Just smiling…”

 

“Don’t smile at my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter