The Thing is...

The Break Up Ballad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin walked through the crowd with shades on and two bodyguards around her. She can’t stop sighing and ducking her head. She really hates it when things like this happen. She hates paparazzi she hates interviewer she hates reporter she hates it all.

As she stepped inside the hospital she finally can take a breath but knowing some reporters has also went inside the hospital, she knows Dara might be inside as well. They started coming to her again but her bodyguards succeed to make them go away.

She walked into Dara’s mom room and as it was expected, she found Dara there.

“Geez… can you just disappear from my life just for a second?” she whined.

Chaerin smirked, “I’m not here to see you I’m here to see your mom.”

Dara grabbed her by the collar and pushed her out of the room. She pinned her against the wall and scowled like a hawk. “Just go… I don’t want to see you here okay at least don’t show up when I’m here. I’m sick of you.” She said and let go of Chaerin.

 

“Oh, so you think I’m not sick of you?”

 

Dara hissed and clutched her hand, she wanted to slap Chaerin but the younger girl stopped her, “What? I won’t let you ever hit me again…”

 

“What the do you want from me? Look… you make this. You created this, you moron! Now what are we supposed to do?” she yelled as she pointed at a group of men with cameras standing behind Chaerin’s and Dara’s bodyguards at the end of the hallway.

 

“I didn’t know any of this would happen.” Chaerin defended herself.

 

“I don’t ing care I want you to leave!!!”

 

“I won’t leave!”

 

“Why do you have to be so….” Dara stopped when a flashlight hit her face and also Chaerin’s. Chaerin looked at where it came from. She groaned and can’t take it anymore. She walked toward those men, she asked the bodyguards to move away. She took the camera of the person who was taking pictures with flashlight and then she hit it to the wall, it breaks into pieces and caused a tense gasp from everybody, including Dara.

 

Chaerin glared at them all, “Aren’t you going to take another picture? Come on take the picture of me wrecking this stupid… ing… camera!” she yelled as she kicked the remains of the camera to every direction. She exhaled and smirked, “Come on, man… take the ing picture or leave! Now leave or I’m gonna catch your cameras one by one!” she shouted.

 

Those men surprisingly didn’t take any picture and just walked away in hurry like they’re feeling very guilty. Chaerin finally got to control her breath, she leaned on the wall and took a deep breath and held her tears.

She decided to also walk away from the scene.

 

“Chaerin wait!” Dara placed her hand on her shoulder but she snapped it harshly. Chaerin scowled at her but then she softened her gaze. She sighed, “Sorry… I didn’t… I was just… angry. Don’t follow me okay!” she said to Dara and her bodyguard as she walked away.

 

***

 

“Apple juice?” Chaerin raised her glass at Dara who’s standing above her, watching. She sat next to her and looked around the hospital canteen, everybody is looking at them.

“Chae, are you okay?”

Chaerin shrugged, “What do you think? Do I look okay? This hospital doesn’t even have alcohol to sell. I’m not okay!” she said and finished her second apple juice box. Dara giggled watching her which made Chaerin a little bit more agitated.

 

“I’m sorry about earlier.” Dara stated.

 

“No it’s fine. I know you’re just as ed up as I am. Stupid reporters, sometimes I just want to have that opportunity to burn all those newspaper and tabloids or even television station’s office buildings so they can just shut the up.”

 

“Chae why are you so mad? You seemed more stable and calm when it comes to things like this, what happened exactly?”

 

Chaerin gulped and looked away from Dara as she remembered what really happened. What really happened is, she loves Dara, and she wants her back but it’s not that easy, it’s more complicated than it already was. And she failed to purpose to her but she never blames anybody but herself for being so foolish, making such a decision so fast. So she just remains quiet now, quite and regretful.

 

“Nothing happened, really. It’s probably a sign that I’m no match for this industry anymore. I think I should retire…” She said randomly and asked for more apple juice.

 

“No I mean, last night… what really happened? What did you do in my house?” Dara asked as she crossed her arms and starred at Chaerin carefully.

 

Chaerin looked away again, “I don’t even know why I was there…”

 

“Is it because I broke you up with Bom and you’re still mad at me?”

 

“No… it’s not that…. Come on let’s not talk about this anymore, okay?”

Dara tilted her head, “Something happened to you but you won’t talk to me.” She murmured as she studied Chaerin’s face. Chaerin raised her eyebrow, “How would you know that?”

Dara chuckled, “I know you more than you know yourself, silly. Five years…. we’re like Siamese twin back then remember?”

They both erupted to a giggle. “Hey can I have Minzy’s number?”

Dara frowned. Chaerin scoffed, “It’s not like I’m gonna terrorize and assassinate her or something, I just want to talk to her and apologize.”

“Really? That doesn’t sound like you.” Dara said as she wrote Minzy’s number on Chaerin’s phone. Chaerin smiled, “I’ve changed, sorry you don’t get to enjoy the new me.” She joked and drank up all her apple juice before standing up.

 

“Here…” Dara returned her phone.

 

“Well, I should get going. Maybe I’ll meet her up tonight, that if she is free from schedule or even if she is… I’m still going to make her meet me tonight.” Chaerin said in a threatening tone, making Dara laugh.

 

“See you soon..” Chaerin waved her hand as she walked away.

 

“Chaerin!” Dara called her suddenly.

She jumped off her seat and faced Chaerin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter